Author Topic: Bonnie has arrived!!  (Read 7377 times)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
Re: Bonnie has arrived!!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2016, 10:00:49 AM »
The issue that we face is that bonnie doesn't want to stay in the room anymore. As soon as the door is open she's off haha and as soon as I leave her she squeaks. I'm not sure the gang is ready for bonnie the Explorer just yet!!!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2016, 08:05:13 AM »
 :hug: :hug:  They'll come round, and sounds like excellent progress already.  Kittens are so funny - all they think of is play, most of the time.  And that's as it should be.  Sounds like Bebe is "large and in charge" and Bruno is wondering about all of this kitten potential.  ;)  Even Barnaby will find that he "needs to know more...."   :)

I would have suggested keeping her in the room for a bit longer, but if things are going pretty well (and they sound like they are), then give her a bit more freedom, making sure the bigger cats have somewhere they can escape to if they need a bit of peace, and then watch what happens.  If things kick off, you can pop her back in the rom. 

Sounds really promising.  You must be very pleased.   :)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 07:24:58 AM »
Well she is such a good girl at night. My other half has been sleeping in the spare room with her and bonnie just entertains herself and sleeps most of the night. This morning bruno just can't help himself. He HAS to go into the room to see what this little thing is. Haha bonnie is brave tho, she crab hops over to him and this is scary to bruno but he doesn't hiss. He's too interested :) barnaby is also finding it hard not to be curious as to what this little fluff ball is. Bebe on the other hand has experienced the invasion of kittens before when we got bruno and then barnaby so she knows the drill. I'm so glad they are curious because that seems to override their fear!!

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 21:29:52 PM »
She's such a cutie  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2016, 20:07:58 PM »
Give him time.  Bruno and Bebe will exchange information with him.  He's feeling baffled by Bonnie no doubt.  You've known for days she's been coming but they didn't.  He needs as much time as he needs.  I know you'll be feeling disappointed, but it's your cue to spend a bit more time with Barnaby to reassure him.   :hug:

I don't think we are disappointed just surprised by his reaction. Should we keep her in her little room for now? We feel bad just leaving her in there. Obviously we are spending time with her and playing but she sleeps a lot so we leave her in peace a fair bit. How do we go about introducing barnaby again as he's not keen to sniff the room anymore. :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2016, 19:42:34 PM »
Give him time.  Bruno and Bebe will exchange information with him.  He's feeling baffled by Bonnie no doubt.  You've known for days she's been coming but they didn't.  He needs as much time as he needs.  I know you'll be feeling disappointed, but it's your cue to spend a bit more time with Barnaby to reassure him.   :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2016, 18:51:42 PM »
Yes, Moray's reaction to the Gurls was a bit like that, and as he sounds like Barnaby in temperament, we were rather surprised.  But his curiosity won out in the end.  He kept running away from them, but it worked out fine in the end, and he was more intrigued by them once he eventually got to spend time with them. Plus he liked the increased playtimes and the shameless foodie treats he got from us when he was being "A Gud Boy"  ;)

We are just a bit scared to let barnaby near her again now cos he's a such a big cat and he could do some damage and we don't want to knock her confidence. Bruno on the other hand is so so intrigued by her that he sits in the doorway and just watches and chirps. Bonnie however thinks stalking bruno and then running full pelt is a great game. I know it's only day two but barnaby just seemed so angry at her :(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2016, 18:42:44 PM »
Yes, Moray's reaction to the Gurls was a bit like that, and as he sounds like Barnaby in temperament, we were rather surprised.  But his curiosity won out in the end.  He kept running away from them, but it worked out fine in the end, and he was more intrigued by them once he eventually got to spend time with them. Plus he liked the increased playtimes and the shameless foodie treats he got from us when he was being "A Gud Boy"  ;)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 17:02:20 PM »
So we have done some introductions today and surprisingly the one we thought would be totally relaxed about the situation, barnaby, is the one who has taken the most dislike. Bruno has chirped and sniffed her several times and bebe just went straight up to bonnie and sniffed her. Made bonnie do a tiny hiss but since they seem fine. We have just allowed barnaby to have a little look and he hissed and hissed and growled and really wasn't happy. He's the most relaxed cat out of the three but he also hates change so maybe that's where the hostility is coming from. Surprised tho!!!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 16:50:52 PM »
She is soooo sweet!  :Luv2:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 13:27:38 PM »
Ah okay. Well I'll be here all week so I guess I could leave the door a little open, the flat is all on one level so they will be supervised at all times.

She loves the gangs cosmic wand toy. She won't let go and then carries it off under the bed or to her little den. Haha cute naughty kitty. I've noticed I'm already calling her bonbon.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 13:28:43 PM by NikNakNoo »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2016, 13:14:10 PM »
No, I would only leave the door open when you or anyone else is around to supervise, just in case.  And remember to make as much as fuss as ever of the three Big Beauties, so they don't feel Bonnie is getting any more attention than they are. 

Playtime for them can come to mean playtime for all when Bonnie has broken down the Big Cat barriers.  Moray loved playing with the flying frenzy again when the gurls came to stay - something he'd disdained a bit (or had he?  I think maybe we felt he was "too grown up" for it, but he's still a kitten at heart  :evillaugh:)

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »
She is rather! She is certainly coming out of her quiet shell! Haha we've kept the door closed when we aren't with her so do you recommend leaving it open just a tad at all times?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2016, 12:39:39 PM »
I'd go for keeping Bonnie's room "a place of mystery" for now.  Let the other cats' curiosity get the better of them.  Keep the door partially open to a crack and let the sniffing begin.  Sooner or later one of them will feel brave enough to encounter "what lies beyond" and can report back to the other two. 

With us, it was Moray facing an invasion of velociraptors.  And Gurls at that.  :-:  He was the one outnumbered, and - laid back gent though he be - he was a  bit hissy and withdrawn initially.  We kept the girls in the room on their own a bit longer - they got to explore after about two weeks, moving them room by room as they got a bit braver (they were terrified when we initially brought them home, as they'd got off to a very poor start in their very young lives, so they needed longer to adjust).

Don't rush introductions, however tempted you might feel.  Let the older existing cats set the pace.  Kittens will just want to play, so Bonnie will have no qualms about encroaching on territory, head wrestling and other obnoxious and perfectly normal kitten behavior.  It's your older cats that need the time to adjust to this new interloper and ball of fizz. 

She's a little peach, isn't she?  :wow: :Luv:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 10:51:25 AM »

A few pics of the small fluffy crazy bitey one this morning. Haha being a good girl exploring and playing.

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 10:36:25 AM »
Okay so the question is how do we go about introducing kitten to 3 cats?! All the info is about introducing one cat to another but not re multi cat households. Weve picked her up and removed her from her room and let the other three in to sniff but how do we take the next step. It's hard to introduce three cats through one door! Any ideas?

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 23:38:58 PM »
She's very cute  :Luv: :Luv: ;D

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2016, 23:25:15 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:  It sounds as though Bonnie is already making herself at home.  Good luck with the introductions.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2016, 22:35:25 PM »
 :welcome: Bonnie. She is adorabubble  :Luv2:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 21:51:06 PM »
So cute.  Hope intros go well :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 21:18:59 PM »
 :wow: :wow:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 21:13:17 PM »
Currently hiding behind my back

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
Bonnie has arrived!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 21:09:55 PM »
Well little bonnie has arrived home today. Haven't taken any photos yet but I will once she's settled.

She hated the car journey home, nearly an hour and then straight to the vets. She got the all clear and had her first vaccination.

She's currently in our spare room with her food, water, litter tray and bed. She's been sleepy pretty much all afternoon but she's awake now and has just realised the joy of bouncing around on a human bed and she is going crazy.

She isn't keen on being held but I think that's cos she is scared. Such a big day for the little lady. But she has purred a couple of times and she loves to play. She's used the litter tray for a wee without our help and now I think she's starting to like us!! We are just spending quiet time with her in the room, playing with her or just sitting.

Our other 3 are extremely interested in what is now occupying their spare playroom. Barnby has seen her and just watched but we will start introductions tomorrow, slowly obviously. I just hope she settles and she continues to be happy :)

I will post picture over the coming days :)

Link to CatChat