Author Topic: Farm, Stables or Smallholdings needing mousers?  (Read 4997 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Farm, Stables or Smallholdings needing mousers?
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 17:50:36 PM »
I posted your plea where my horsey (and catty) friend could see it but it didn't get any response I'm afraid  :(

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 14:11:21 PM »
Cheers Ladies, I'm already a member of a few FB horsey pages but I will ring round some local centres too. Good thinking!  :wow:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 23:04:39 PM »
Agree, the manager of our rescue has a really good 'horsey' contact who helps us relocate ferals, I don't know if it's up to you either, but I would ring around riding schools maybe to see if you could get some leads?

It's often hard to relocate these cats, and I know the 'reporters' usually don't want them back.... So sad  :'(
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 18:56:34 PM »
Join some of the riding forums on Facebook we have had great success and have homed 12 feral adults in the last 10 days doing this along with the 17 Bengals all now in new homes as well x
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Farm, Stables or Smallholdings needing mousers?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 12:18:42 PM »
Hello everyone

Cats Protection (Waltham Forest Branch) are encountering quite high numbers of feral and semi-feral cats here in the leafy suburbs of London during our colony control measures (TNR).

It's not always ideal to Trap, Neuter, Return these cats as sometimes they are regarded as nuisance animals. In these cases we try to re-locate them to empathetic land owners who would oversee their care (food, water, shelter etc) in return for a significant reduction in vermin.

These cats are all neutered, FIV -ve and are vet checked before we re-locate them. We cannot guarantee their work rate, however!  :evillaugh:

If you enjoy outdoor pursuits such as horse riding, or have friends in the farming or own land that would benefit from some four legged farm hands, please ask if they could place some of these deserving creatures.

Distance is NOT and obstacle, we have an extensive network of amazing transport Angels who work tirelessly to get these cats into their place of safety.

Thank you

Sheila Rose
Branch Co-ordinator
Waltham Forest Cats Protection
That London.

Link to CatChat