Author Topic: Introducing Hugo, The Black Oriental  (Read 4188 times)

Offline OwnedbyHugo

• Kitten
    • Indoor Paws
  • Slave to: Hugo
Re: Introducing Hugo, The Black Oriental
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 21:10:15 PM »
What a very striking lad he is. I would be interested in having a look at your site. Could you post or message me the link??

Thank you :)

Hi,

We are http://www.indoorpaws.com

Always happy to feature guest posts from knowledgeable cat owners too so do get in touch if you'd like to write something for us. Just email meow@indoorpaws.com

Owned By An Oriental, Hugo
Owner of http://www.indoorpaws.com

Offline Mom to Eight

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Peanut, Lucky, Cazzy, Mittens, Cowboy, Speedy, Ray, Willie.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 18:48:33 PM »
 :summer flowers:
All cats are masterpieces.
My cats that are over the rainbow: Jake, Alice, Ashia, Angel, Julie,Breezy, Meuzette and Babydoll

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2016, 22:52:56 PM »
What a very striking lad he is. I would be interested in having a look at your site. Could you post or message me the link??

Thank you :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 20:07:49 PM »
Oh my! What a hansum lad!  :Luv2:

Offline OwnedbyHugo

• Kitten
    • Indoor Paws
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 16:58:36 PM »
Thank you for your kind welcomes! :thanks:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 12:59:34 PM »
Swoon... :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 07:09:15 AM »
Hello.  A big warm Purrs welcome to you Hugo, and to your dedicated cat slaves.  :welcome:

He's the most beautiful looking cat.  Verrrrrry hansum.  :wow:

Would be fantastic to share your hard won knowledge about travelling with cats, about how to keep your indoor cat happy and healthy, and the magic of oriental.  You could start a new thread for each if you wanted to.

My stepdaughter has three times made the journey out to Spain with her pets, one of whom was a 3 legged cat.  Going by plane was, she said, worse in many ways, and she preferred the drive, even though it took much longer.  Personally, the 5 minute car journey to our vet is more than enough for me in a car with a cat.   :doh:

Hugo - you're amazing.    :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 02:36:16 AM »
Hugo looks like a gorgeous devil cat  ;D ;D

I can see him thinking  :evillaugh:

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 20:47:21 PM »
Hi :)
He is lovely :) I'm impressed that you managed to travel all the way to Spain with him, my two cry all the way to the vets that is a 2 minute drive away.

Offline OwnedbyHugo

• Kitten
    • Indoor Paws
Introducing Hugo, The Black Oriental
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 20:31:51 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is Hugo, our black oriental. He is an absolute nightmare, but somehow we manage ;) He is just over 2 years old. We (my girlfriend and I) have lived in the UK all our lives and are originally from Bristol. August last year we made the leap across the pond to South Spain. We have been in Spain ever since. We travelled with Hugo, in the car, for 2 days, yes we are crazy. He managed really well and was so well behaved bless him! (If anyone is travelling with a cat by the way don't hesitate to message me! We learned a lot in the process and it took A LOT of planning!). He was fascinated with the Euro Tunnel too.

Hugo has always been a house cat with supervised access to the great outdoors, he loves exploring and getting in to mischief as most Orientals do. He is good with people, although he had an horrific time at the vets once and it has dropped his trust levels when meeting new people. Lots of training and he has been improving. Living with an Oriental, and him being a house cat, led us to starting our own website and information hub for house cat lovers. Our mission is now to share our knowledge and love for house cats with others, and to do as much as we can to improve the lives of indoor cats. We have a Community Facebook Group too! If anyone would like the details I will post a link.

Well that's Hugo...I have a million stories, some hilarious and others terrifying that I hope I can share at some point. Living with an Oriental has tested us in so many ways but Hugo (AKA Pud as he is better at responding to) is a joy to be around and we love the little devil

:naughty:

Nice to meet you all!

Link to CatChat