Author Topic: Cat litter tray advice please  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
Re: Cat litter tray advice please
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 17:47:36 PM »
............currently he wants me to hold his paw when he wants to use the tray!!!!!!!!!!
[/color]   

Gill, Lupin, WTFFFFFF    :rofl: :rofl: I thought I had heard everything but that's a new one on me :rofl: :rofl:

I would leave a tray for Butter if it's no big deal. I had an outdoor cat for nearly 14years and he only used it about 5times in total but there if he needed it.  Not too often cos he knew that silly me would get out of bed at 3 or 4 or 5 in the morning to let him out, wait until he had done and then let him and myself back in to bed and get up a few hours later to go to work ;) :evillaugh: Oh Smudge, I do miss those days :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Thanks maryas, yes we are going to keep the litter tray, just in case he needs it.  We have noticed he that he doesnt seem to using it at all over the past 4/5 days, well definately not for number 2s anyway :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 13:28:30 PM »
............currently he wants me to hold his paw when he wants to use the tray!!!!!!!!!!
[/color]   

Gill, Lupin, WTFFFFFF    :rofl: :rofl: I thought I had heard everything but that's a new one on me :rofl: :rofl:

I would leave a tray for Butter if it's no big deal. I had an outdoor cat for nearly 14years and he only used it about 5times in total but there if he needed it.  Not too often cos he knew that silly me would get out of bed at 3 or 4 or 5 in the morning to let him out, wait until he had done and then let him and myself back in to bed and get up a few hours later to go to work ;) :evillaugh: Oh Smudge, I do miss those days :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 23:29:45 PM »
You are welcome  ;D ;D ;D

Drizzle takes a time to reach the skin on a cat  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
:rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 23:10:03 PM »
You are welcome  ;D ;D ;D

Drizzle takes a time to reach the skin on a cat  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 20:36:27 PM »
Yes thats good but never remove it please.

You never know when he may have an emergency or may have been interuppted by another cat and scared to go outside.

Mine also do not like snow and going out in the cold and wet when he doesnt really want to is not good.
Ooh didnt think about that, yes i will keep it just in case.  Don't think the rain bothers him too much though, he was sat on top of the shed in the drizzle this afternoon :doh: :rofl:...... :thanks: Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 19:54:18 PM »
Yes thats good but never remove it please.

You never know when he may have an emergency or may have been interuppted by another cat and scared to go outside.

Mine also do not like snow and going out in the cold and wet when he doesnt really want to is not good.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 16:42:31 PM »
Thank you for all your replies, i will leave his litter tray in situ until he is no longer using it at all  :thanks:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 08:16:07 AM »
yes I'd keep it too we have in/out cats as well but still have trays

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 01:11:43 AM »
Its always wise to keep a litter tray inside and Lupin also comes in to use his.............currently he wants me to hold his paw when he wants to use the tray!!!!!!!!!!

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 20:04:27 PM »
Cleo wasn't used to a litter tray when she came to us (she had been allowed out whenever she liked when living with my SIL) but she took to it very well. So well that she comes back inside to use it if she is outside when the urge strikes...  As has been said, it does give us he chance to make sure that what comes out seems OK, which is no bad thing especially in an older cat.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 18:34:57 PM »
I'd leave it, personally.  When cats use a litter box it's much easier to spot any potential health issues which can be missed when cats toilet outdoors.  He will more than likely stop using it altogether after a while but meantime think of it as a useful tool to cat health rather than a nuisance to be rid of.   :hug:

• Hero Cat
Cat litter tray advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 17:30:11 PM »
We put a cat flap in for Butter on Saturday and he using it fine, but he is still using his cat litter tray to go to the toilet, should we leave him for a few more days or should we take it away, to make him go outside.  Any advice please!

Link to CatChat