Author Topic: 6th March ITV @ 8.00 p.m. THE STORY OF CATS  (Read 2632 times)

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
Re: 6th March ITV @ 8.00 p.m. THE STORY OF CATS
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 16:31:07 PM »

That leopard catching the cayman was amazing. Also it's nice to know that your furry fiend isn't going to get food poisoning from eating bad meat, I had suspected as much for a while now, nice to have it confirmed.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 12:31:19 PM »
Yeah, exactly Mark.  I'd hoped for a bit more than that too.  I think because I really liked the Horizon programmes which focused on the secret lives of cats and brought up stuff which was really very interesting, I'd expected a bit more from this programme.

Like the guy in South Africa who clearly does an amazing job with the lions, but really - rough-housing with my own cat isn't something I envisage doing unless I want to lose the use of my fingers and wear swipe marks across my face.  No sir-ee.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
I liked it, but like others, I know cats are predators, but I don't like to see it happen. Also, at the beginning, some of the stuff was a bit basic - ie 'A cat wagging its tail doesn't mean it is happy'  :shify:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:19:13 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 08:11:40 AM »
yes it was a lovely programme

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 20:06:07 PM »
I really enjoyed this, especially the clouded leopards which have fantastic markings

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 13:21:07 PM »
I know Mary.  Big cats gotta eat, but my goodness.  There's one that hauls off a fully grown crocodile.  I mean, talk about eating shoe leather......   :doh: :doh:

Fascinating footage of a tiger going back to retrieve a carcass from it's watery larder.  It mentions how the acid in a cat's stomach is sufficiently strong to kill off the likes of salmonella and campylobacter   :-:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:31:30 PM »
Oh Mark,  :hug: adorable  :Luv2:  Still haven't got around to looking at your return to Purrs post BUT I WILL, to see your new babes.

Not watched it yet, recorded it.  Thanks for the warning Sue, I know crunchy moments are a must but, no likey  :(

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 08:13:33 AM »
 :evillaugh:

Quite enjoyed this, but there were lots of Big Cat "crunchy moments" which I found a little off-putting.

Loved the footage of the Cloud Leopards.  What amazing paws they have.   ;D  Would like to see more of the domestic mogs though.   

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 20:14:32 PM »
We have it on  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 17:40:51 PM »
Oooh,I must go and set that to record...

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 12:06:29 PM »
I have recorded this series. It does sound and look interesting :)

Julz xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 11:34:45 AM »
Saw the ad - looking forward to seeing it. 

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
6th March ITV @ 8.00 p.m. THE STORY OF CATS
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 10:59:18 AM »
This looks interesting.  It's on for a few weeks too.

Tonight a lion whisperer proves how similar our kitties are to big cats.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Link to CatChat