Author Topic: Lexy terrified..help  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Lexy terrified..help
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006, 13:52:55 PM »
Poor Sasa......  A big hug for her, poor angel  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know Lexy was just telling me that I'm not allowed to have strange men in the house. OH seems pretty happy about that!  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006, 11:41:44 AM »
Poor Lexy getting so scared but Misa was like that, he still hides but comes out as soon as they are gone now.

sasa however will rush outside and stay there until they have gone and when i had central heating man here a week ago she even stayed out in the rain. she kept coming to look in the flap but just would not come in  :'(

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 17:39:55 PM »
I am pleased to say the little munchkin is back to her cheeky self. A few jumps here and there but chirping at me again. Thanks for the help and reassurances. I wasn't doing my head in with worry as I know I would have!

Offline Emma S

• Adult Cat
  • Meg and Darcey
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 17:25:55 PM »
Awww poor Lexy...and poor you. I am sure the gutter man has just freaked her out - and its a very likely possibility that she was treated badly by a man in the past. Bless her :(

Best thing you can do is be very calm and relaxed around her, give her feliway and rescue remedy and maybe try giving her some ncice treats to spoil her a bit.

I am sure she will come round, just give her a bit of time.
Love Emma & the girls - Meg and Darcey xxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 05:07:42 AM »
Thanks.I'll do that. She's up now therefore so am I ! I think you may be right Lynn. She's never reacted to men in this way except right at the start but then her exposure to them has been limited to other half, bil, and a couple friends. I wish I knew what she was thinking. She's just started to trust me almost completely. That snuggle was precious.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 04:23:28 AM »
Perhaps you could also get some Rescue Remedy and put in into her water or a couple of drops a day  in her mouth.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 00:31:09 AM »
oh poor lexy,., sounds like the gutter man sparked it off, i wander if a man had been nasty to her in the past,

crank up your feliway and be reasuring thats all you can do really and fingers crossed its a temp blip and she will return to her newly playful self.

poor thing.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Lexy terrified..help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 00:09:50 AM »
Yesterday I came home early from work due to a stinking cold. Lexy was all excited I was there and ventured for a cuddle which she never does.

I had a man round to check the gutters and a broken down pipe and he had to come in to get to the first floor for a closer look at one of the gutters.

Lexy disappeared in my room as she normally does when strangers come round.

Anyway this guy left and I went back to lie down. Lexy came out from behind the TV which has not hidden behind in months. She had a terrified look in her eyes and her tail low and between ner legs almost. I thought it odd but figured she was just freaked and would come round like she always does.

I went looking for her in all her usual haunts and nothing. Then I remembered when I first got her she had found a hidy hole under the kitchen units. So I pulled back one of the kick boards and there she was. Terrified still.

I left the kickboard down as she can get in there but not out!  She came out a short while later and I picked her up and her paws were sweaty.

Her little heart was racing and she was still as a mouse terrified of moving.

I took her to my bedroom and put her under my duvet as she feels safe there.

She came out again a short while later and some kid rang the blooming door bell. She ran off to the kitchen under the units again! 

Today she's been very quiet, not much of any noise from her.

What do you think could it be?  I feel like we've taken 2 steps forward but 5 back.

I got home a few mins ago and she seems like her normal self but she's jumpy. So worried about her.

Link to CatChat