Author Topic: catmate fountains  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: catmate fountains
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 00:22:01 AM »
Seriously, our have been running 24/7 for about 5 years. The cleaning really does work. We used to have 3 running but I broke one of the motors - my own fault. I know the descaler works faster if it is hot - I had one soaking in a glass of descaler and after it cooled, I putit in the microwave to heat the water up again - nly I did it for too long and the plastic melted. Now we have 2 running and a spare fountain, minus the pump. I run them through the dishwasher in rotation, so handy to have a spare :) - we didn't need a third anyway after Laz moved down to the basement from the bedroom.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 22:04:15 PM »
I have just bought 2 of the Torus bowls off Amazon to try for a,change, no plug , but have filters .
They still have a cat it water fountain and a feng shui one running at the moment .

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 15:39:23 PM »
I found our catmate fountain pump didbn't last that long. I never thought of just getting a pump  :Crazy:

The drinkwell one we have now has been fantastic though.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
I've ordered one but might give the cleaning a try no harm in having a spare!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 12:36:12 PM »
We have had ours for years. Now and then I take the pumps apart, including pulling the blue paddle out that is attached to a magnetic pole (I find a teaspoon works best) and soak it in limescale remover (I use Astonish from the £1 shop as it is just citric acid) it usually works fine again. Also I have noticed that the dial sometimes works its way back round and needs turning clockwise to get the max water flow. You can buy replacement pumps for about £12 if need be.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 12:36:42 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 11:55:43 AM »
OH took our pump apart a couple of times and cleaned it and it worked fine for a bit, but I think when you need to do that it's on the road out anyway

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 10:48:12 AM »
thanks its not a big deal the cats love them so worth every penny - did find some scary stuff on line about dismantling cleaning but I'll leave that to other people I think!!

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 10:44:21 AM »
That's what happened with mine and I had to replace the pump Dawn

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
catmate fountains
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 10:09:06 AM »
the water is running very slowly on one of mine, does it mean the pump is on the way out?

Link to CatChat