Author Topic: getting a new cat ID disc  (Read 1216 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: getting a new cat ID disc
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 17:34:44 PM »
Yes I think I will get those paper scroll discs that hang around their neck for when/if they next go to France. I think that I AM DEAF is probably better than DEAF CAT cos there just might be someone out there who thinks that that's his name lol.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 13:51:35 PM »
Mine wear discs as well as being chipped just in case.   I have found someone locally who will put name, phone no. and address on it (others have said there was not enough room) but I realised the other day that the name is not really necessary.   If someone finds them, all they really need is contact details, so perhaps that would free up some room to put 'I am deaf' or chip information. 
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:02:56 AM »
thanks Dawn. Not sure my boy would appreciate pink or powder blue - he may have been done at 5 months of age but there are limits lol. 

what's the most NB info? In France he had his name, ph no and chip no on a metal disc. Here they have their names and phone nos and postcode. I need room for DEAF on Swamp's.
The vets say to put their no, not mine. How does it work in the UK if a cat is found?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 17:41:57 PM »
I know Kitty Collars do a collar that you can personalise with info..

http://www.kittycollars.co.uk/personalised-cat-collars.htm

Might be a bit more noticeable?  :)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
getting a new cat ID disc
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 17:30:07 PM »
My cats' ID discs are getting unreadable; they weren't very well done when I got here. I need a good sized one as has their name and no and post code on the back. I was also thinking of putting 'deaf cat' or ' I am deaf' on Swampy's.  They live indoors but just in case they ever got out and went missing.
Would be nice to put the chip no but that would prob take the whole collar.
Wondered if there was anyone via this site who did the engraved ones? Pls post the link if there is. Thanks!

Link to CatChat