Author Topic: Sachets at last  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
Re: Sachets at last
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 09:57:42 AM »
I should explain for anyone interested in easy online shopping, that as with other stores no doubt ASDA undertakes its couriers will bring in the heavy basket of goods and unpack them anywhere in the home. So I suppose you could examine every item if it did not delay the courier too much. This would be easier if you refused to pay the extra 40p for plastic bags to make it easier for him.

Likewise he takes the trouble to warn you of any substitutions shown on the list supplied which I understand you can refuse and he will arrange a refund somehow. I certainly would not want to have to carry the heavy basket indoors myself even for the minimum order of £25 with ASDA. Beware some other greedy suppliers demand you spend at least £40 or charge you an extra fee. If registering with any supplier do not assume they will deliver to your area, so they should ask you for your Post code first. Likewise some collect from a big shop others from a warehouse.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 11:42:42 AM by Sigord »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Sachets at last
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 08:24:11 AM »
good news about the sachets!

yes online food can be tricky, I've never had baby stuff but have had some things I could have done without, trouble is you can't check it all while they are still at the door

Offline Sigord

• Adult Cat
    • Gordon's Free Software
  • Slave to: Chiana
Sachets at last
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:12:14 AM »
After about a year I have now persuaded my little Chiana to eat a sachet every morning as suggestrd by the RSPCA staff, after she gets 18 Dreamies when we get up. She only has a bowl of dried food in the evening. But I admit I try a little trick on her if she only licks the jelly by dropping around a dozen of her dried food on top and that often persuades her to eat more from the sachet.

The joke is being on my own now I am getting older and do want to carry heavy shopping so I use ASDA online groceries. Only occasionally do they have to send me an alternative. But most of the goods are listed on their site by weight, not but number. So not only have I got 250 tea bags, but originally I had 40 sachets. I wondered why they cost £10. But by the speed she gobbles them up each day I will probably buy the 40 again next time. I do not have to carry the weight.

My final joke is I wanted to order some dried milk preferring it to the taste of the UHT and it lasts far longer when needed. But all the big packets are around £8 until I saw what appeared to be a very small one at £2. When it arrived it turned out to be small plastic container to feed the baby !!

Link to CatChat