Author Topic: Siberian cats  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Siberian cats
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 01:51:20 AM »
I have a really old one, from about 2004/5/6? I find it really good, but it is so heavy Pat used to have to carry it up and down the stairs for me. Now it gets used downstairs and I have a light weight Vax for upstairs, not much god for fur though, that still requires a damp rubber glove ;), needless to say only gets done a couple of times a year :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 01:32:27 AM »
Dyson animals cylinder wouldnt cope its not big enough for my 3 and so hard to empty!

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 00:05:29 AM »
There are two Bedlington's that come down the pub, I suspect they drag the owner in because they get so much fuss, and Emma the landlady keeps treats behind the bar ;D, they are lovely affectionate dogs. :Luv2: :Luv2:, one white and a fawn.

My Maine coon and Norwegian Forest cats both had long tufts of fur between their paws as 'snow' cats, as does my half bred NFC, the snow doesn't seem to bother them at all, the fur insulates them and they just have a really good clean of their feet when they come back in. They are double coated as well which probably helps, God help my Dyson animal if I ever got a triple coated cat! :evillaugh:

Offline Cherry24

• Distinguished Cat
  • Work from home which means 24/7 cat cuddles
  • Slave to: Freya & Gobi
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »
As a cat owner who is allergic to both cats and dogs, I have considered Siberians and Bedlington terriers before as they are both supposed to be hypoallergenic. They are lovely anyway.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 08:58:56 AM »
Someone on petforums posted some pics of their Siberians recently - I remember because it reminded me of looking at them at the supreme cat show several years ago

http://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/siberian-overload-pic-heavy.416822/#post-1064390478

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 02:11:10 AM »
Beautiful cats and scenery but they dont like cold wet paws like most of our cats  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 17:45:08 PM »
The tabby at the back reminds me of Cassie and she was a Maine Coon, I wonder if they have fur between their pads too?

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 17:30:26 PM »
Awwwwww  :Luv2:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 14:52:58 PM »
They are gorgeous and I did look at Siberians 10 years ago when I got Mosi (succumbed to the Somali charm in the end  ;))

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 13:05:44 PM »
I love Siberians, they are on the low dander registered, so once I'm in a position to see if I can have a kitty I will be searching out one.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »
The cats are beautiful but they don't look like they are enjoying the snow much.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Siberian cats
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 11:07:41 AM »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Link to CatChat