Author Topic: How many cat beds etc is excessive?  (Read 7873 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: How many cat beds etc is excessive?
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 16:03:06 PM »
I'm not a big fan of cat beds, I've never had cats that want to use them! That bring said, Cleo does have one like this that she is often in when we go to wake her up in the morning

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/cardboard_cat_furniture/315507?gclid=CjwKEAjw4s2wBRDSnr2jwZenlkgSJABvFcwQyeQtUZHJJnV-o5T6vHHEH30Bhn4qqX0hxxb6SgZ7nxoC2yPw_wcB

Alfie loves his cube so I have put a pad in that and he spends quite a lot of time there.

During the day Cleo is usually on our bed (unless we are downstairs, then that is where they will both be).

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 15:49:58 PM »
Answering the question by my cats................one!

None will sleep in a real cat bed.

So we have the top of the fridge/freezer and new freezer, the new shelves in the kitchen , the old fridge with a large pile of carpet tiles on top, top of old microwave in bedroom, window sill in bedroom and top of cat tree in front room and the very top of a bookcase in study which all exclusively Lupins!

Sasa likes the old sofa that Ducha used to use in bedroom, lounger cushions under table in kitchen and other hiding places that I dont know where she goes.

Misa likes same lounger cushions, half a cat carrier on the landing, the kitchen floor and living room floor with a cat scratcher as a head rest and my bed as long as he gets non-stop strokes.............Sasa now likes this too and top of stairs.

Do I have cat beds yes, are they used no  :rofl: :rofl:

I think we all need help  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 12:43:11 PM »
I don't think one can have enough pet beds.  I think those wicker beds are awesome, and they look so cosy.  I can't remember how many cat beds we used to have, but for my current dog (a Cairn x who thinks his a cat) he has 2 downstairs, 3 in the bedroom, and about 5 in the loft as well as a cat igloo and wicker basket.

If you remember I also got a dome carrier bed just in case my brother came home with the car yard kittens, so that's another bed, I have stuffed toys in it at the moment.  My current dog doesn't even fit in it, but my next will :rofl:   

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 11:56:23 AM »
In this house we have 3 actual cat beds. Lilli likes her igloo when it's cold but prefers to be beside me as much as possible, be it on the sofa or in bed (on her own pillow what we got cases for frum Arnty Mary at orcshun.......). Pet beds hold no allure for Marmalade, who prefers to be beside me as much as possible, be it on the sofa or in bed. Teddy has a "my Prince" pillow (what he got frum orcshun) which he occasionally uses. However he prefers my bed. Crystal only has an interest in cat beds when Lilli is in one. She will hop up into the other igloo beside Lilli. However, Crystal prefers a lap or leg or any available space beside me. So, I generally don't bother too much with the cat beds.
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 11:33:41 AM »
This is Winnie's "during the day" cat bed  :evillaugh:

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:51:25 AM »
How could you not get them that bed they clearly love it. :Luv: Would be worse if they were ignoring it and sitting in the box it came in. Mine have mainly blankets and throws that I wash and move around for them. Also cardboard boxes. I did buy radiator beds but they didn't fit my radiators so went to the charity shop.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 09:07:08 AM »
that bed is great, unfortunately I don't have two who would want to be that close to each other!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 08:30:45 AM »
Raise you in the kitchen have an 8 foot job in the middle surrounded by 4 of the small single versions of it - in theory for Maverick the 3 legged hooligan, then we have 2 radiator beds, 3 cardboard boxes and a bed in a box :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 08:25:49 AM »
I am quite good with cat beds as I know they rarely use them (so pleased Kito is using the Danish Design bed that has been unused for years) but I do have blankets and fleeces all over the place  :rofl:  I've seen some dog beds in Wilkos for £10 - lovely soft duvets - and the only thing that's stopped me buying one so far is that I don't know where I'd put it as it's quite large (being intended as a dog bed!)

As to cat beds - I think Mary could give you a run for your money  ;)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 08:19:48 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  I cannot comment too much, as we too have a dining table that is almost exclusively the cats' domain, and one or two others dotted about here and there, although nowhere near as many as my Brummie pal, who clearly needs a little assistance with her patent lack of cat beds.   :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
How many cat beds etc is excessive?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »
I just wonder if I have a problem and need help ...  :scared:

Front room has the four cushioned affair in the corner;
Lounge "had"  :innocent: the 6ft tree, 2 radiator beds, the hammock, 2 wicker baskets (one 2 story and 1 converts into a carrier) ... yes the lounge is getting a wee bit crowded;
Kitchen has the heat reflective cushion on the table by the radiator which we may as well call their table as I think it's been used once by a human in the last 7 years
Back bedroom has a radiator bed and a smaller "rampart" tree
Front bedroom has 2 beds on the wardrobe, a bed on the floor and an igloo

So why in hell's name did I buy this?  OK so it was 1/2 price as a weekend only offer but surely I should have more control?   :-[ :-[ :-[

I would like to add that I need no advice from Andrew as I think we all know he needs help himself  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat