Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 142971 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Is it too soon to be thinking of adopting a new cat?
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2015, 14:22:54 PM »
Yes we all know each others cats and get very attached and are devasted when one gotes tonthe Bridge  :(

Kocka my first cat turned me from a cat hater to a cat fanatic  :innocent: She was vdumped in the overgrown alley behind my house as far as I can tell, she was riddled with fleas but I didnt know about such things until they were jumping all over the house! Kocka is Czech for cat and my other cats all had Czech names until one!

When she sadly went to the Bridge aged 20yrs I had to have another immediately and Misa and Sasa came from CP and are now 14 and 17!! Cant believe they have been with me over 10years. They had never met until travelling in the car to my place and they got on great right from opening the carriers. Both are terrified of people, Sasa semi feral and Misa who mhadv a very bad vstart to his life being  abused anf then rescued by a vetb after taken to be PTS at 4 years old  >:(  It took me 7 years before I could stroke Sasa and she ran away band lived outside twice.

Then thanks to Angie at Coventry cat group who knew I wanted a birman pair, found Napoleon and Wellington.............yes that was their names lol.........arrived aged 13 and I added Franta and Ducha to their names which they didnt answer too. Thought Franta was deaf and he convinced the vet too and one day I shouted Napoleon in frustration and he looked straight at me  :shify: Ducha only answered to Ducha. They were beautiful boys litter brothers seal point and blue point who sadly went to the Bridge in 2011 and 2012, am still devasted especially about Ducha who had 3 legs and was so quiet and loveable right to the end.

As I am not young I was not going to have any more cats but missed Napoleon so much I started a hunt for another seal point and eventually found an unneutered 10 month kitten being advertised on that site! He was north of Newcastle and I live in SW Wales and am sure others here remember the drama of me getting there.

Lovely Karen, Sootyca offered to take me on from Manchester and Sues OH gave me the directions. It was a journey and a half and ended up sleeping in the car at the Manchester service station as motel was full.  Lupin was a very quiet angel for the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is now 5 years old and when he came he used to torment Ducha something rotten but Ducha was just his placid self  ;D ;D

I guess I wish that Lupin had a littermate now................maybe not   :rofl: :rofl:

I dont have any pictures of Napoleon and Ducha on this new lappy but will get some transferred on  :-[ :-[

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »
I remember when you adopted Evie.   :hug:

And Jen - of course it's exciting.  We were counting down the days before you got Billy and Zarnie with as much relish as if it was us (and in a way it is us, because we're all just a big Purrs family, and of course we all get to know one another's cats)

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2015, 11:29:48 AM »
We chose our kitten names before we had seen any!

I chose Dexter after Dexter Morgan TV serial killer, aand I still have no idea why OH picked Denzel  :Crazy:

We were planning on 2 toms, but I couldn't resist Denzels scruffy little tortie face, but OH refused to pick another name!  >:(

Evie (tabby) came into the rescue new years eve hence the name (not picked by me) and we were only fostering her while she was having treatment for a hernia. She had a home lined up, but it fell through so we decided to keep her  :Luv: the pic below is the first time I met her in the rescue
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »
 ;D it's so exciting following this, I can understand the interest in my babbling about getting B and Z. I can recommend the purrs toys, the springy flingys are particularly popular here! As is the flying frenzy! And the kitty copter... :evillaugh: how many sleeps?  :Luv2:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2015, 07:13:25 AM »

This is such a lovely thread, and learning how we all came to have our gorgeous puds in our lives is truly inspiring. 

Are you counting down the sleeps, Nic?   ;)  It's like waiting for Christmas when you're 5.   ;D :evillaugh:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2015, 22:05:44 PM »
Our previous cats, litter mates, lived to be 19 and 20. Hubs was keen to have some cat-free time and I agreed - but said I couldn't promise how long that might be.

Chivers left us first and then, 13 months later, Punkie. We got the new carpet we had promised ourselves but not a new suite. The current one was clawed to pieces within a few days of arriving!

I was far from happy without a cat around but kept my promise. About 10 months after Punky left us a neighbour called hubs over when he got home from work. A young black cat had been hanging around and crying all day. Neighbours are not cat people but knew that we were. Hubby said we would take the cat and keep him safe until we found his owners. Within 48 hours he was mine. Fortunately his 'owners' agreed that we could keep him  ;D Alfie was chipped and registered to me the next day!

About 9 months later my SIL and her hubby went to live abroad and needed a home for their cat. We said we would take her if they couldn't find anyone else.TBH, I don't think they even tried! So Cleo moved in too and we are back to being a 2 cat household.

Alfie could really do with a younger cat to play with ...

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2015, 21:48:49 PM »
Aw Mweekie, what a lovely story. So glad you got Winnie. She's gorgeous!

Any doubts I had about it being too soon are completely gone. I can't believe how much happier I feel just knowing I will have my 2 wee bundles of love here with us soon.

Me without a cat to love just doesn't work. I still miss Bailey terribly but as my friend said tonight, I have lots of cat love to give & now there are two wee kittens to be loved :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm glad you liked Winnie's story.

I agree with your friend and everyone on here who have said that you have lots of cat-love to give...and I'm sure that the two new furry bundles will bring you joy and fun...and train you to be their slave lol.

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Is it too soon to be thinking of adopting a new cat?
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2015, 21:44:47 PM »
Aw Mweekie, what a lovely story. So glad you got Winnie. She's gorgeous!

Any doubts I had about it being too soon are completely gone. I can't believe how much happier I feel just knowing I will have my 2 wee bundles of love here with us soon.

Me without a cat to love just doesn't work. I still miss Bailey terribly but as my friend said tonight, I have lots of cat love to give & now there are two wee kittens to be loved :)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2015, 20:57:24 PM »
Gill

I completely agree with you on this. I don't think our family will go so long without another cat in our lives. 7 years is far too long without a "purry, meowy, furry thing" as my Dad calls it lol.

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2015, 19:12:34 PM »
So pleased that you got Winnie and I think people often dont realize the affect that cats have on our lives.  :hug:

I know I need to have them around, Jen pined for one and now has two, Mary had to get one after she lost Bonnie, Sue also falls into this category and many others on Purrs and now Nicola with her soon to have two bundles of fur  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2015, 17:59:17 PM »
Its so good to share our stories of how we came to care for our cats, and I think shows us that many roads lead to the same end.......   :hug:

• Senior Cat
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2015, 15:44:14 PM »
Hi Nicola(RockysMum)

I know that you have now reserved your two new and absolutely gorgeous kittens, but I wanted to tell you my story of getting Winnie, my sleek black panther cat.

In 2008, my 18 year old tabby/tortie princess called Lucy, had to sadly be put to sleep due to kidney and liver failure. It completely crushed me to have to say goodbye to my best friend in the entire world. My Mum and Dad loved her as well, but Lucy always was constantly around me. In the same month, we also lost my Grandad (Mum's side), who was a cat lover as well.

Since my Grandad and Lucy left us, my confidence and self esteem completely crashed down to 0. I couldn't concentrate at work/college or anything. The relationship between Mum and I was at total meltdown point. I didn't know why I was so angry/stressed so constantly, and now coming to think about it, losing Lucy was the problem.

Over the years (up until now), my parents kept saying they didn't want another cat until the extension was finished, even though I was pleading for another one.

In 2012, I lost Grandma (again on Mum's side), and unlike Grandad, I had a really strong bond with my Grandma. It was such a sudden shock to lose her, and again my confidence crashed, but I wasn't sure why.

Thankfully Mum and I have now become close and everything is fine in that respect.

It got to the point though that I was really missing Lucy and my Grandparents, especially when Mum found some pictures of Lucy on my birthday. I wasn't sure if or when my parents would allow me to get another cat, so I spoke to a friend of mine, Lewis, who is practically an uncle to me and we really get on well. He told me to leave it for a few more weeks and then discuss it again.

So I did. But on the 5th August this year, I had had a really bad day at work and burst into tears in front of Mum. When she had calmed me down, I took the courage to ask again if we could get a cat now....and to my complete surprise she and Dad agreed, provided we found one that would fit into the family.

So, that evening, I was on the RSPCA website and found Winnie. Now this is the best bit, Winnie is the same name as my late Grandma, so it was really spooky to see her. I immediately told Mum and showed her and Dad her RSPCA photo and Mum couldn't believe her name - and said reserve her now! So I contacted the woman and she got back to me within hours of my e-mail.

And the rest...they say...is history.

Since getting Winnie, my confidence and self-esteem is slowly rising and I swear that my Winnie is my Grandma in feline form...because Winnie is very affectionate with everyone she meets and "talks" so much....and my Grandma was always chatty and sociable lol.

Winnie (the cat) is the perfect reason for me to get up in the mornings and I often give her about an hours worth of love, food and attention before I go to work and when I get back. My parents and I are so glad that she is in our lives...and my parents don't know why they were so hesitant about getting another cat...so I am really pleased about that.

Winnie is about 10 months old now. We got her when she was about 8 months old.

OK - so I have waffled - as per usual when I start talking about Winnie lol.

I am really glad that you have found these two gorgeous furry bundles of joy. I absolutely love the tabby's ears and the black/white one is simply adorable.

Now we need names lol.

Hope that helps - and I apologise for waffling lol

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2015, 19:33:25 PM »
I don't know if there are covered trays that don't come apart, but the one I have does. Just using the base until they're used to it should work. Mine came with a "catflap" door too, but the cats didn't like that at all, so I took it off, and it's now lost.
Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks Dave.
I did wonder if you were missing the obvious, something I often do when I'm too close to the problem!  ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2015, 19:13:33 PM »
I don't know if there are covered trays that don't come apart, but the one I have does. Just using the base until they're used to it should work. Mine came with a "catflap" door too, but the cats didn't like that at all, so I took it off, and it's now lost.
Now why didn't I think of that! Thanks Dave.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2015, 18:26:40 PM »
Congratulations on the new kitties, I can't wait until they come home, I'm so excited for you. 

For litter trays I got two from Zooplus I think which were covered and had filters in the trop, and swing doors.  I use them for feral shelters and just duct taped up the filter entrances bits and lined it with polystyrene at the bottom covered in an old towel.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2015, 17:51:35 PM »

For litter, I use wood shavings, the type sold as bedding for rabbits and hamsters etc., which works out quite cheap if you can buy it in bulk. It can travel a bit though.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2015, 17:40:29 PM »
I have indeed got the flying frenzy and da bird (which for some reason Bailey was terrified of  :shocked:) and i've just bought some furry and wriggly attachments for it. and lots of other bits and pieces too...bring on the kittens!!!  :yesss:

Question about litter trays... I was going to buy a couple of covered trays. My boys were outdoor cats so never needed them unless they were poorly. But when they were younger they always used covered trays. Mainly because when I got jake as a wee feral kitten he pooped in ever nook and cranny until I realised he liked his privacy and got a covered tray.

Will kittens be able to use the covered tray from the start or should I start them with a normal tray at first?

Also, I've always used Catsan, but are there other litters folks recommend?

(I did warn you all the questions would start soon  :evillaugh:)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2015, 17:15:53 PM »
Can't have too many cat trees imo  :rofl:  If they're not used it means they're in the wrong place  ;)  I have a 6 footer in the living room - don't care if it dominates the room - Kito sleeps at the top and they both use it for scratching.  Lots of smaller ones dotted around too.  All used.

I hope you've got flying frenzy from Purrs shop - my boys tell me the worm bit to go on the end is the best  ;D

Fave toy right now with Kito (8 months) is a drinking straw from caffe nero  :shify:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2015, 16:41:53 PM »
 :rofl:

I so agree with you  ;D

• Hero Cat
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2015, 16:25:35 PM »
We'll need squillions of photies :wow:.
Don't worry about posting too many photos - you will find it difficult to keep up with our demands for more  :rofl:

I somehow don't think it'll be a problem.  :shy: I've just sorted through photos and videos of Bailey on my laptop so Andy can put together a little video for me. there were 4000+ photos and 90 videos. :shocked:
How do I ever actually get anything else done?  :rofl:

I've just gone a bit mad in the purrs shop. Basically all toys  :Luv2: now I need to get litter trays, beds, and given Andys recent googling...no doubt a gigantic bloody cat tree that will be far too big for my house and the cats will completely ignore  :-: Although I did actually find myself thinking "we never use the 2 seater sofa, imagine the cat tree we could fit in there..."

we've both watched far too much Jackson Galaxy :rofl:

Aaarghhh! I'm so excited I just want them home NOW!!! The lovely fosterer said "give me a call next weekend and I'll let you know how they're doing and when they'll be ready"
Next weekend...good lord!These are my children! It's taken all my strength not to call her today. or perhaps offer to move in with her :rofl: I'll seriously need to restrain myself ffrom becoming her stalker for the next 2 weeks :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2015, 13:09:41 PM »
Hee hee - Andy won't know what's hit him!    :evillaugh:  Sounds like you're training him well.   ;)

We'll need squillions of photies :wow:.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
They are utterly adorabubble  :Luv2:

Don't worry about posting too many photos - you will find it difficult to keep up with our demands for more  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2015, 12:45:01 PM »
You and your OH are definately ready and can see that this will be an event to remember  ;D ;D

We will all be waiting too  :shify: :shify:
You'll all be driven mad with my endless questions & kitten photos :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2015, 12:35:25 PM »
You and your OH are definately ready and can see that this will be an event to remember  ;D ;D

We will all be waiting too  :shify: :shify:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
We haven't got names yet, I suspect I won't name them until I've got them home & we get to know their personalities a bit more.

Although...for the b&w one, Chester popped into my head because he has unusual markings including a black diamond on a white chest.:)

I also thought of Dapper or Beau for the tabby because he was very dignified & handsome :)

My OH, Andy, had said he would leave it to me to pick them, but I knew one would pick him. 2 minutes in the place & he had our tabby boy gazing up at him from his chest and said "can we please get him?"

He kept looking at his photo last night & then said "I think he'll be my cat, he seemed to like me" 
Heart. Melted.
(Although obviously they'll both like me best)>:D

He's never had a kitten. Before meeting me he only had limited experience of his mum's cat. He adored my 3 boys but they were older when we got together & Rocky died 2 years later with my other 2 boys then getting ill with kidney & thyroid problems.

The other night he asked me how often they would be at the vet & I had to explain it would just be for routine stuff like boosters etc. but other than that, hopefully not often at all.

He couldn't believe it and said he just thought being at the vets every few weeks for blood tests & giving meds was part of having a cat.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him experience the joy of raising healthy young cats & I think I've done the right thing for us both by going for kittens. I've turned him into a proper cat daddy over the past 8 years. I even caught him looking at cat trees yesterday :)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2015, 10:52:15 AM »
Oh my gosh I am so thrilled for you. They are totally adorable and are going to fill your hearts again for sure xx  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2015, 10:23:35 AM »
 :Luv2:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2015, 07:40:36 AM »
I'm sorry for your loss  - the right time to get another cat is exactly when you feel it's right - might be the day after, might be a month after...

Sorry you missed out on Jaffa (a very fine name  ;)  My Jaffa went to the bridge last year) but the kittens are adorable  :Luv:  I have always kept my boys indoors without any problem as I live in a flat and near a main road.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2015, 07:33:32 AM »
OOoooo - great choice, Nic!  Aren't they beautiful??   :wow: :wow: :wow:  Sounds like you have one livewire Alpha cat (the little black and white one with  the cheeky facial expressions) and one slightly more reserved Beta cat (the little tabby, whose ears are enchanting!  :evillaugh:)

Here's hoping the next two weeks pass swiftly, but in the meantime, you can plan and plot and look forward with anticipation (as we will too  ;D)

Have you decided on names for your new bairns?   :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2015, 23:40:47 PM »
Gorgeous and you will be ready for the balls of fun in 2 weeks  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Names are next  :rofl:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2015, 22:35:58 PM »
Aren't they just perfect? The b&w one wouldn't stay still long enough to get a decent photo, he was a ball of energy. The tabby was more timid, we got a tiny hiss before he curled up on Andy's knee & went to sleep.
I'm completely in love already!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2015, 22:27:10 PM »

:Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Ronnie and Reggie  :evillaugh:

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2015, 22:17:48 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: just scrumptious indeed :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 22:18:30 PM by JenGeorgieBob »
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

• Hero Cat
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2015, 22:16:28 PM »
Quick update. We've picked our 2 kittens. They are just scrumptious!!!! Both little teeny tom cats.
I'll try & quickly post pics but I've never done it on the phone so I may mess it up! I can't blommin wait to bring them home in 2 weeks ???:D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2015, 16:22:13 PM »
I used to have a slender black cat that looked like one of those "Egyptian" statuettes, so I thought I'd name her after an Egyptian goddess. The obvious choice was "Bastet", but luckily I realised in time what that would sound like to the neighbours, and called her "Neit" instead.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 14:48:36 PM »
:rofl: There is actually a cat called Boobs near us!  :rofl:

We often hear her Mum shouting for her 'BOOBS! BOOBS!'

Makes me laugh every time  :evillaugh:

She got a younger one recently - called Epone  :Crazy:

I wanted to call ours Leonard & Sheldon / Lenny & Shelly after the big bang theory boys, but OH would not entertain it!  >:(

Thats just hilarious, what were they thinking naming their cat boobs??  :rofl:

I love the idea of naming them after Big Bang Theory! When I looked in our local shelter the kittens that were reserved were named Leonard, Sheldon, Raj and Howard  ;D

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 14:28:22 PM »
 :rofl: There is actually a cat called Boobs near us!  :rofl:

We often hear her Mum shouting for her 'BOOBS! BOOBS!'

Makes me laugh every time  :evillaugh:

She got a younger one recently - called Epone  :Crazy:

I wanted to call ours Leonard & Sheldon / Lenny & Shelly after the big bang theory boys, but OH would not entertain it!  >:(
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Hero Cat
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 13:03:45 PM »
Thanks everyone!!

I honestly can’t wait. I hardly slept last night and I’m so hyper today I couldn’t eat my lunch – unheard of for me!

It was lovely coming into work this morning as well. My cat search sidekicks – the two PA’s - were so thrilled for me. Between them they are now providing me with one of those plastic tube track things with a light up ball in it and a remote control mouse. Neither of them have been used as, typically, their own cats have completely ignored them.

Andy got very excited about choosing names last night, but as is typical of him, it descended into the ridiculous very quickly. His favourite suggestions so far were “Batman and Robin” and “Boobs and Bum” :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 11:33:30 AM »

Well said, Souffle. 

Am so excited!   ;D

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »
I can't wait till tonight to see the kitten pics! I bet two will choose you.
I know it is hard after having lost your beloved ones but my view is that each one just makes your heart grow bigger. When it's time comes it doesn't fill all that space so there is always room for some new little one to share your life and the love they had before they settled in your heart. So your boys a great job of making a space these babies will fill.
They need you and you need them and life for all of you will be a joy I am sure.
We lost two cats within a few months of each other and within a week we couldn't stand it and we got Callie and Monty from the RSPCA home. They were 12 weeks and past the tiny kitten stage but still very much kittens. We felt too afraid to let them out as they always seemed to lack sense and balance and we couldn't risk the chance of anything happening to them. What they never have they don't really seem to miss and they are indoor cats now though we do have a small catproofed courtyard which they go out in.
Good luck in your choosing. xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Link to CatChat