Author Topic: They're here!!! Introducing Chester & Beau  (Read 143001 times)

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
Re: Is it too soon to be thinking of adopting a new cat?
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2015, 19:27:47 PM »
9 more sleepies til we get da cats, 9 more sleepies til we get da cats, And when we wakes up inna mornin and poots on da werkin hats, it'll be 8 more sleepies til we get da cats
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2015, 18:31:04 PM »

You're all mad, mad I tell you  :rofl: :rofl:

:-:  Et Tu Andrew......  :evillaugh:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2015, 18:30:28 PM »

You're all mad, mad I tell you  :rofl: :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2015, 18:26:58 PM »
 :evillaugh: ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #114 on: October 07, 2015, 17:52:28 PM »
9 in the bed and the little one said roll over, They all rolled over and one fell out so 8 sleeps tomorrow  ;D ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2015, 15:40:44 PM »
9 more sle-eps waiting for the kit,

9 more sle-eps waiting for the kit,

and when 1 more night has been spent slumbring in your pit,

there'll be 8 more sle-eps waiting for the kit  ;D

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2015, 14:10:01 PM »

Keep the cat tree box  ;D

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2015, 14:00:30 PM »
9 more sleeps, 9 more sleeps!!! Enjoy putting the cat tree together  :evillaugh:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2015, 13:04:02 PM »
awww, how lovely, they are so lucky to have you waiting for them  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2015, 12:55:34 PM »

A bigger house!  Of course....!!   :wow: :evillaugh:

nine more sleeps, nine more sleeps, ee i addy oh, nine more sleeps.  Hee hee .  Anyone else wanna join in the nine sleeps ditties?   :evillaugh: :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2015, 12:30:54 PM »
I can see you have your prioritys right  :rofl:

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2015, 12:27:17 PM »
9 sleeps!!!!!!! :yesss: :happy dance:
Andy is going to see them at 3pm tomorrow and is under strict instructions to send me photos.
Very important that I keep the purrs family updated with pictures of them  ;)

They're both doing well. Chester is apparently very confident - comes running for food and just wants to play all the time. Beau is still hiding a bit when she comes in in the mornings but is now loving playtime on the floor with the other kittens (he was scared before when she brought him out of his pen) and he's a bit more relaxed about being handled.

They're from different litters and Beau came in with his mum about 10 days after Chester so he's only been with her for just over a week, he just needs time.

Having had a feral kitten who spent a week hissing and spitting at me when I brought him home and then turned into a big snuggly lap cat - I ain't worried  ;)

My zooplus order arrived at Andys mums today so this evening will be spent building the new cat tree - and probably realising it's 3 times bigger than expected  :rofl: Not a problem, we'll just need to buy a bigger house if need be  :rofl: :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2015, 12:10:31 PM »
Yes only 9  ;D ;D ;D

But of course to kittens probably about 900  :rofl:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:02 AM »
Only nine sleeps to go, nine sleeps to go, e i addy oh, only nine sleeps to go! :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2015, 07:05:03 AM »

Oh my gawd!!!!   All these gorheous piccies!!!   :Luv:  Only 9 sleeps now - 9 sleeps!!   ;D 

Chester and Beau, hope you're divining all of this over the feline hairwaves - this will soon be your second home after yer new meowmy and Daddy brings yer to yer proper forever home.   :wow: :wow:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2015, 22:23:07 PM »
I'm loving all the photo's, the one of Jaffa reminds me of my lovely Chivvy, although he didn't have the tabby markings ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2015, 20:27:36 PM »
Jaffa and Magpie so cute  ;D

Soon the sleeps will be in single figures  ;D ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
Is it too soon to be thinking of adopting a new cat?
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2015, 18:44:03 PM »
Funny little creatures aren't they? Despite all the toys we provided, Bailey liked nothing more than chasing a folded up crisp packet around!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2015, 18:38:30 PM »
Can't have too many cat goodies  ;)

most popular kitten toy around here is a plastic drinking straw from Caffe Nero  ;D  We've been through several but they never lose their appeal and even Mosi has had a few kitten moments batting it around.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #99 on: October 06, 2015, 18:25:45 PM »
Ooooohh!! There can never be too many kitten pics!!!!

I seem to be helping the time pass by shopping for kitten goodies. This had arrived when I got home. So cute!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2015, 18:21:23 PM »
Jaffa as a kitten  :Luv:

And with his bro Magpie  :Luv:

Can't leave out baby Mosi  (sorry getting carried away with kitten pics  ;D)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2015, 18:05:44 PM »
kitten countdowns are exciting and frustrating because time seems to go so slowly.  When I got Mosi I had a bout 10 days to wait and it went by so slowly.  With Kito it was 2 weeks although it ended up  being an extra day due to Mosi being poorly.

If we're doing kitten pics.... ;)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2015, 16:37:07 PM »
10 sleeps & counting!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2015, 16:24:07 PM »
Oh I have all the 3 cats things in boxes and stuff I wrote at the time, will never get rid of any of it  :-[  I started mostly again when Misa and Sasa arrived.

The pictures are so important to me which is why I was in such a panic last night.

I will sort them out properly this time and put on DVD too.

There are two half finished pictures of Napoleon in the hall on my easel.............dont think they will ever get any further and he was so hard to capture. I also have a nearly finished drawing of Ducha which I love, hideden away of course!

How many sleeps is it lol

• Hero Cat
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2015, 16:11:46 PM »
The roller coaster is normal and hits hard at unexpected times and I still have them 3 years on from Ducha, 4 years from Napoleon but Kocka who is 10 years passed are now moreorless exclusively happy memories.

Just seeing the pictures of the first two has me in shreds, maybe why the pictures are hidden away on the external hard drive, 

Napoleon was very ill for last 2-3 years and had to give him a week of injections when the seizures came back and I still have the last lot of unused syringes with the meds in in the fridge................just cant get rid of them  :'( :'( :'(

dont worry the kittens will be a toatal distraction but the memoriews will come flooding back every wo often..................like now for me just typing this.
Oh Gill, it's just so hard isn't it  :hug: :hug: :hug:
I'm so glad I have photos of all three of my boys and I have so much video footage of Jake and Bailey. But I know what you mean, just looking at them brings it all back.

It's strange the way certain things are hard to let go of. It took me a fortnight to finally part with Baileys thyroid meds, I donated all his beds to shelters but I couldn't bring myself to get rid of those bloody pills! Every time I looked at them I thought of us rattling them and him coming running to get his catnip treat (and usually to spit out the pills in the process!) 

His kennel is still in the garden and even if I'd never got another cat it would stay there. I have an old bit of manky fabric from a pair of slippers of mine that Rocky 'loved' to death, he drowned them in drool and dragged one of them around for years so he could sleep on it. And with Jake, it's a bedraggled mouse toy that he fell completely in love with in the last 6 months he was with me. I saw the same one when I was buying kitten toys and couldn't contemplate getting one.
Just goes to show how much we love them

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2015, 16:03:05 PM »
all sounds normal hun, I remember having to throw away a big black plant pot because every time I saw it out of the corner of my eye I thought it was bluto!  funny what gets you thinking

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2015, 15:57:34 PM »
The roller coaster is normal and hits hard at unexpected times and I still have them 3 years on from Ducha, 4 years from Napoleon but Kocka who is 10 years passed are now moreorless exclusively happy memories.

Just seeing the pictures of the first two has me in shreds, maybe why the pictures are hidden away on the external hard drive, 

Napoleon was very ill for last 2-3 years and had to give him a week of injections when the seizures came back and I still have the last lot of unused syringes with the meds in in the fridge................just cant get rid of them  :'( :'( :'(

dont worry the kittens will be a toatal distraction but the memoriews will come flooding back every wo often..................like now for me just typing this.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2015, 15:46:35 PM »

I just love this thread.  Have sneaked on whilst taking a breather at work.  10 more sleeps!!   :wow: :wow:

Chester and Beau.  Thoroughly approve.   :)

It's nice to have llike minded cat crazy peeps to share my excitement with on here!
Glad you like the names, I just want the two of them home with me so much now  :Luv:

Must admit, I had a bit of a wobble last night when I was unpacking the new kitty stuff. I just suddenly missed Bailey really badly and felt really upset and a bit overwhelmed. I think I've been so focused on the new boys arrival that missing Bailey crept up on me again when I was least expecting it.

I had a sudden panic about whether I was trying to replace him and wouldn't love my new boys as much. I felt so guilty all of a sudden about bringing two other cats into Baileys turf. I had a good blub to my ever patient OH who reassured me and I feel OK this morning. I think the more time that passes the more real it gets that my Bailey Boo is really gone. Do I sound like a mad woman or is this roller coaster of emotions normal?!

I suppose it's to be expected that I'll have moments like that for a while yet, but as Andy said last night, Bailey - although he'll never be forgotten and will always be missed - isn't here any more and once the kittens are home and I'm looking after them I'll be back in cat mum mode in no time at all.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2015, 14:34:48 PM »

I just love this thread.  Have sneaked on whilst taking a breather at work.  10 more sleeps!!   :wow: :wow:

Chester and Beau.  Thoroughly approve.   :)

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2015, 13:24:18 PM »
aww you sound like you are so well prepared. We were not prepared as we just went for a 'look'......well when we saw these two at the RSPCA we couldn't leave without them! If fact we went for lunch to think about it and couldn't eat it as we rushed back to ensure they hadn't been adopted in the meantime!

Awww baby Callie and Monty are gorgeous! I squealed when I saw that photo!

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2015, 12:31:06 PM »
I love kitty countdowns it's just so exciting. :hug:

Although I'm catless at the moment here's a couple of our cats stories.  Splodge probably is the most adventurous.  She was a black Tux who arrived on our kitchen doorstep on Christmas Eve and ate all the giblets.  Dad, a big cat softy, let her in the house and she slept on one of the chairs for 3 days, totally ignoring the dogs in the process.  A neighbour down the street had gone on holiday, leaving her locked in a shed with no food or water, so she escaped and came to us.  She never went back and didn't even respond to them when she saw them in our house.  The child of the family was friends with my brothers.  Anyway he said she was a feral from the local railway station, so we could only judge form that her age, as he had her for 4 years.  We had her for 20 years but in her last few years she got very adventurous following me to work on the train, on the underground to Chelsea.  Quiet a few times I had to come back and put her on the train with the conductor to put her off at the local station.  At one point she was catnapped and taken on holiday for a month, she was finally traced when the kids admitted their deed of removing her collar.  They thought she was a kitten, not bad for a 24 year old. 

My other cat Chloe, well her thing was to climb up house walls to get in second floor windows.  She arrived here as a 13 week old unofficial foster, from a family who agree to pay for vets fees etc, but they never did.  Nor did they ever come to see her, or write about her until 1 year after her arrival.  At that point they wanted her back, but we refused.  They even wanted to take us to court, but the official said it would be laughed out of court.  Anyway they came to see her and they honestly thought she would still be a kitten.  RFLOL  We sent them away to adopt from the CPL and never saw them again.

I then started to get Asthma with cats, so we never got another.  I would love another kitty, but it just wouldn't be fair not to be able to cuddle and kiss my feline, so I've got a small Cairn x terrier who thinks his a cat instead. :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:36:43 PM by Purdy Bear »

• Hero Cat
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: So adorable!!!!

I'm finding 'Kitten Countdown' in work great fun. There are 4 of us crazy cat ladies working on this floor and each morning, the other 3 are popping their head round my office door and saying how many sleeps it is now.

A colleague today told me I was behaving like her before she had her baby.
So, that's justification for all the money I've blown on cat stuff....I'm nesting  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: Ooooooooooooh look at baby Callie & Monty.  :drool; :drool; :drool;
I'll love you forever

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2015, 11:39:57 AM »
aww you sound like you are so well prepared. We were not prepared as we just went for a 'look'......well when we saw these two at the RSPCA we couldn't leave without them! If fact we went for lunch to think about it and couldn't eat it as we rushed back to ensure they hadn't been adopted in the meantime!

souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Julz (Winnie's Meowmy)

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Winnie
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2015, 11:31:10 AM »
By the looks of it you are DEFINITELY ready for your two new little ones lol.

Aww I like the names Chester and Beau for them - it does suit them nicely.

Mweekie xx
Mweekie xx

Slave to Winnie (Cat), Minx (Russian Dwarf Hamster), Inca and Aztec (Corn Snakes), Truffle and Chaos II (Tarantulas), Leo (Leopard Gecko), Birch and Oak (Giant African Land Snails).

• Hero Cat
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2015, 11:11:49 AM »
10 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!  :wow:

I just cannot wait to get them home now.

We've settled on names - its definitely Chester for my black & white boy and Beau for my tabby boy.

I called the fosterer yesterday and they're both doing well. Beau is getting a bit bolder and now coming to the front of his pen when she comes to feed them. :Luv2: I asked how Chester was doing and she said he's completely mental as always. I suspect he may be quite the handful.

Andy is off Thursday and Friday this week so I've to call her again tomorrow and arrange for him to go and visit them for a couple of hours. Which will hopefully mean more photos  :Luv: She also took a note of their names so she can start using them.

I've now bought litter trays, beds, scratching tower, cat tree and enough toys for about 10 kittens  :innocent:

I love hearing all these stories. And Gill....Ducha and Napolean are just gorgeous  :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2015, 02:46:44 AM »
After much searching and total panic have found my old pics on the external hard drive...............thought I had sorted it out but only a bit!

Anyway they are not the best of pics but here are Ducha and Napoleon  ;D

They both had beautiful blue eyes but were very hard to get in a photo as they usually came out red!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:48:31 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2015, 20:58:01 PM »
Such wonderful stories  ;D

Sorry we have hijacked your thread Nicola  :innocent:

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2015, 19:53:40 PM »
The story of my mogs is a long one. I've had a cat virtually all my life. When I moved to England, I was sans fur for about 6 months. My then boss asked me to have his 2 over Xmas as he was moving house. So Dotty & Murphy came to say. When they went back home 6 weeks later I cried my eyes out. So 4 weeks later Lilli came home and Dante came too. Dante was 13 and had recently had thyroid surgery. When he passed a year and a half later, Lilli & I were a bit lost. That was when Marmalade came to stay. Her hoomins were moving and couldn't bring her with them. Then D'arcy came. His hoomin was an addict who had lost her kids and her home and this poor sod was left wandering. And so we were for about 3 years. Shortly after moving to where I am now, D'arcy passed at age 6 from HCM. I swore no more tabby boys having lost Dante & D'arcy,  but then I was asked about Teddy. He had been knocked down and left at the vets by his hoomins. So after he was off cage arrest, he moved in. That was 8 years ago. So that was us, me Lilli, Marli & Ted. And then I got a call. "Help, my housemate has brought home this gorgeous little kitten but she's had an asthma attack and is allergic". So, along came a little girl called Smudge, who within days had been diagnosed male and called Cooper. He fit right in. Tortured the ladies and went on tour with Teddy. We had a great 2 years. And then Cooper vanished. He was an affectionate lad that loved everyone. He was also a nosy sod that clambered into cars and vans that got left open. He had even broken into the next door neighbour's house once. After 2 months of postering and leafletting and so on, he was still AWOL. Then a little ginga ninja appeared on catchat. She was allegedly a stray that had wandered into this family. They were now moving to Dubai and needed a home for this baby. She was very quiet, a bit anti social and only liked men. And so Catty became Crystal and moved in. She is the exact opposite of everything I was told. She loves to be loved, she's so chatty and affectionate and discriminates against no one. If there's a lap, there's a Crystal. And 4 years later, that's where we remain. Lilli & Marli are now 16, Ted is 9 and is a problem pee monster. And Crystal is my baby.
I don't ever think it's too soon to adopt another baby if you can.  My view is that if I adopt or rescue one, then there's space for another to be helped. No cat replaces another, but they definitely go a long way towards picking up the pieces of a broken hoomin heart. For both parties, that can never be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 21:30:37 PM by mad_lilli »
I'll love you forever

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2015, 19:00:12 PM »
So nice to hear others' stories.  I waited a long time between losing Jaffa and getting Kito (almost a year).  At first I just didn't know what I wanted, whether I could afford another cat, should I get another Somali (could I afford to pay for a pedigree), how difficult and stressful would it be trying to approach rescues wanting an indoor cat and so on.  Eventually my road led to Mosi's breeder and I was planning on a kitten from a litter she had due in Feb but sadly all kittens born dead :(  Chance enquires and browsing led me to Kito and he has made me so happy.  I almost feel guilty saying that as I don't want to imply that Mosi on his own is not enough for me because he is the most special fluffpot  :Luv2:  But Kito has put a smile back on my face and I'm so happy to have 2 cats again.  He's currenly sat on my lap like a baby leaning back into one arm with both paws resting on the other.  Hard to type but so adorable.  I love the little lad to bits.

re your covered trays - do they have flap?  I would start with just the base, then add the lid (without flap if it has a flap - they are easy enough to remove) then you can add the flap on later if you want once they are comfortable using it covered.  Some cats aren't comfortable with covered trays, liking to see around when they are doing their business but others are fine with them so you can only try.

Link to CatChat