Author Topic: I need your advice and guidance  (Read 5832 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: I need your advice and guidance
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 00:10:48 AM »
Hells bells i thought it said cats  :shocked:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 21:11:07 PM »
Phew!

There is a picture of 2 cars ar the bottm of every page and thats a link  :innocent:

Unusual! I would have expected a picture of cats  :P

Offline Oana

• Kitten
  • Slave to: GYPSY Funny Face, Hamster Cheeks Puc Puc (RIP); Alfie, Tiny & Ginger, should they live 100 years!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 20:38:19 PM »
That's the one! Thank you so much, Gill!!! x
Oana

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 20:15:55 PM »
Phew!

There is a picture of 2 cars ar the bottm of every page and thats a link  :innocent:

Offline Oana

• Kitten
  • Slave to: GYPSY Funny Face, Hamster Cheeks Puc Puc (RIP); Alfie, Tiny & Ginger, should they live 100 years!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 19:33:17 PM »
If it's www.catchat.org I found it, THANK YOU! :)
Oana

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 19:28:23 PM »
Gill, can you send me please the link you were about, the cat chat one, on this site? I have been everywhere, I did not find anything, other at the menu bar under 'fun and games' there's a chat option, but I don't believe is the correct one you guided me to...
THANK YOU SO MUCH, I really do appreciate!!!!
Oana

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 19:12:54 PM »
Thank you once again, Gill!!! I shall keep you posted and... fingers crossed!!!
XX
Oana

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 19:01:01 PM »
You are welcome and hope that you get some results  ;D ;D

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 18:57:39 PM »
THANK YOU GILL!!!! GREAT IDEAS!!!! I WILL do everything you advised and HOPE FOR THE BEST!! I shall start tonight!!!

THANK YOU, FANTASTIC!!! I HOPE it will work!!!

XX

Oana
Oana

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 18:18:11 PM »
Just an idea or two!

At the bottom of every page on Purrs is a link to our sister site Cat Chat..............many of us came from there when they had to shut their doors nearly 9 years ago for a time.. Click on the link. The site looks and operates very different to this one  :shify: :shify:

They are all about cat rescue and rehoming and Cat Chat is a registered charity. If you look at their map for your area you should be able to see the rescues registered with them for the area....................dont take this as a guarentee all are wonderful, they are not but most are good.

You could then contact these and see if they will put the strays on their list and website for rehoming direct from you. That way you would be able to meet any potential owners and do a home visit if you wish, or the rescue may! do it for you.

You could also do a post saying that there are X strays who you have started feeding and badly need homes before the winter as often there are rescue relays that will move needy cats to new homes but real care needs to be taken in this instance.

THe last thing is that Purrs also has a FB site and you could also seek potential homes there.https://www.facebook.com/groups/91388455703/?fref=ts  I think you have to be a member and if you need someone to do that for you I will or one of the others here that also belong to it.

I would say that they are not chipped and as they nhave been hanging around needing food for a while they do not to your knowledge have owners. Keep it simple  ;D

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 13:51:17 PM »
Certainly.... When gone missing they can't survive without any help :( The trouble is very few people care. :( That's a real tragedy. Owners like these ones, of these two boys', 'new kids in town' I have, should definitely have no pets whatsoever!!! My cats, Whisky and Alfie, after collected from the streets, under the same scenario, don't go anywhere anymore, could it be outside the loveliest of the summer. Toys, cat grass, tunnels, beds... why would they go anywhere, have they got an office to attend? Any work to do? Go on, sleep in the biggest beds in the house (keeping them separate we unfolded the sofa bed in the lounge, making a double bed for Alfie), and when we're back, food and PLAY!!!

I have contacted MK Cat Rescue (Milton Keynes) and Hula Rescue center, however... the list is very long. Blue Cross did not answer the phone. Cats' Protection is useless, I did ring Bedford branch and they said they don't operate in bloody Bedford!!!! My mind stopped working all of a sudden on hearing that.
What else to do, where to go?
Imagine me early in the morning before going to work: food at the back for Ginger (the stray already established in the hut at the back of the garden), food for Dragster (one of the 'owned' ones, at the front of the garden), food at the front of the house for this 'owned' 'treated' one I started the topic about... and then feeding my two kittens in the house, Whisky being fed up in the bed, to eat all the morsels... MAD, I know... but... at the minute... trying everything I humanly can to keep them going and happy... :(
Oana

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 13:29:00 PM »
When one of my cats, Clio, was returned to me after being missing for almost 4 months, she didn't look as if she'd gone very hungry, so someone must have been feeding her, I think. I wish I knew who, so I could thank them. I also suspect she'd had some shelter. Without help, she probably wouldn't have lasted.
I don't know if the original owners of your strays would take the same view as me, but they should. If they don't, they shouldn't have pets in the first place.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 13:23:16 PM »
have you contacted any rescues for help oana, it sounds like a lot to deal with alone

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 13:21:07 PM »
That's exactly right... I'm afraid he hasn't anywhere to go.
To be honest the same situation is for him and another one, older at my door than this one we're speaking about, so until re-homing (hopefully SOON, the sooner the better as the winter comes... :(, we prepare a triple hut for the garden. Clearly we can't mix them up in the house with the other two we have.
I have opened this topic because I didn't trust nurses at the vets anyway, and please, all cats' real owners and lovers, and not only cats, 'anything that breaths's owners, dogs, horses, dinosaurs, anything, DON'T TRUST NURSES AT THE VETS!!! Go to THE vet himself, they are generally knowledgeable, them nurses are good to nurse papers and documents only, not lives. This is the second great experience with them nurses, and this is not anywhere, it's Scotts in Bedford, which is the most reputable practice, better one can't find in this great part of the country..
Now the toughest part of my problem just starts: HOW and WHERE do I find loving people, caring people, not shallow, who may ditch these boys again, how should I go about it... other than I would adopt them myself, which thing... only whether I had a wish for a wrestling rink: 4 at once...
I still hope someone will get in touch if he really had a treatment, this boy I am speaking about... providing nurses at least might know making the difference between treatment and skin problem....????? Crackers.
Otherwise.... I don't know how shall we get through winter...
Oana

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 22:16:14 PM »
so pleased you fed him................they were so wrong to tell you to stop  :hug: :hug:

I dont think he is going anywhere by himself so hope someone gets in touch.

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 21:23:24 PM »
Ooooooohhhh.... Poor boys... I hope for the best, to be honest, and I truly hope for them...

Thank you so much for your kindness, and... fingers crossed that someone will give us a ring eventually, otherwise... I am just desperate: the winter is on its way!
Oana

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 21:00:51 PM »
On behalf of these kitties, I thank you Oana  :hug:

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 20:16:45 PM »
This is exactly what I just have done!
Unfortunately he hasn't been seen by a vet, only nurses at the vets, therefore... well... And he did look good as he was 'owned' because I had feed him all right since end of July - August time. However they did not find fleas on him, and again, the thing with the treatment done to him. All right, if he had treatment that means is not something really drastic as long as the so called 'owners' leave him out! On one hand. On the other, I have put a paper collar on him and fed him as much as to be able to cope until morning when I shall feed him again, certainly.
If the owners don't come back to me in a reasonable time, I shall try to find an owner for him, I would take him on, but honestly, we are overloaded, poor boys...

We have been through this situation more than one year ago, when we adopted our boys. Abandoned, stray on the street, full of fleas and hungry. Then, we took them in, even they could not stand each other... :) But now this clown seems not having any fleas, and I truly hope them local owners if any to contact me. I have stated on the collar the re-homing 'threat'. We'll see... I could not just look at him crying outside for food and not giving him anything, that's idiotic...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your advice, thanks a lot, and I shall keep you all posted...

x

Oana
Oana

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 20:01:51 PM »
He might be 'owned' - but he could also be a long way from home, or have been abandoned etc. If he has an owner locally the paper collar should bring them to light. If your feeling is that the lad needs food then,if I were in your position, I would feed him!

Offline Oana

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 19:04:16 PM »
Thank you so much for advice, Dave!
I am not worried though I could meet up with the owners, if I could find them!
If only belonged to this neighbourhood... Anyway, before making any move, I shall put him a paper collar. The vets advised not to feed him anymore, this way he'll go home.
The question is... has he got a home? Thank you for the message and advice, I shall give a ring to Cats Protection, only if they did answer or give us a hand in any way. I don't know how, but every time I ring them up I bump only in idiot and careless people, and that in the lucky instance they take the call...
What should I do, should I carry on feeding him...? At least in this weather, if the worse comes to worst... a bit of food, however, as he's had some treatment done by the owners and he's still here at the door... that should be a clue the owners are close...
Thank you very much, I definitely try AGAIN... Cats Protection....
Oana

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 17:58:23 PM »
If you have a branch of Cat Protection near you, contact them. They may be able to sort out whether the cat already has a home. Other cat rescues could help too.
If no home is found, they may be able to advise you about any legal problems, though you shouldn't have any trouble if you're trying to find the owner. Just telling the rescues will go some way to covering you.

Offline Oana

• Kitten
I need your advice and guidance
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 17:31:23 PM »
Dear All

I find myself in a terrible situation: feeding the stray cats (there are a couple who come at the door for an year at least), since August another one joined, apart Dragster... He's mainly white and looked really skinny, desperate for food, he was hungry indeed, skin and bones!!!! I took him instantly he was a stray. Not being able to trace him, I took him to the vets and under nurses' assessment he's been found as owned!!! More to it, he has been given treatment quite recently. They did not find any microchip, but they classed him as being owned, as someone has given him some sort of veterinary treatment.
The truth is I have noticed a reddish spot on his back (where normally the fleas killer is placed) but I thought it might've been a problem with the skin, of course I haven't thought about treatment...
At the vets they have advised us not feeding him anymore, once again, I outline he was checked by the nurses, therefore he'll go home, as being NEUTERED, he must be local.
Right. I didn't give him anything for 4 days, so advised by the vets, as to encourage him going home. HE DOES NOT MOVE DAY AND NIGHT from the kitchen's windowsill, regardless the weather. Say, even I hadn't had any cat I couldn't really 'steal' someone else's cat, let alone when we have already 2 boys (who still don't get on too well), and another 2 (including Dragster, his mate) in the garden, in separate huts.
WHAT CAN I DO, please, can you advise me?
I am afraid of the following scenario: someone giving him treatment and then ditched him miles away, thus he hasn't anywhere to go? No one's looking for him it seems, neither for Dragster, for months, really, and the vets say they are owned!!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND, what's your opinion, guys, what should I do?
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, I look forward for your comments...
Oana
Oana

Link to CatChat