Author Topic: Newly arrived stray  (Read 13445 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Newly arrived stray
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 01:46:35 AM »
Poor little cat! I am so glad she found someone to look after her - the world is a better place for having people like you in it  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Newly arrived stray
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 00:38:49 AM »
 :welcome: back  ;D

I think as you are taking her to the vets tomorrow you should ask him all the questions but suggest you ask fior some Acclaim or similiar to spray the house.

Poor little cat she must have been starving and could be she has teeth problems?

Sorry to hear about your depression, its a terrible thing  :hug: :hug:

Love to see some pics of your cats and the little stray.

Offline barney101

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mollie, Toffee, Barney, Sophie, Ronsky, Igloo,Othelia, Venus, Spangles and Scruffy
Newly arrived stray
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 00:01:52 AM »
Hi all, haven't been on here for years probably around 6 or 8 at least... Anyway I've got 10 cats Mollie, Barney, Toffee, Spangles, Scruffy, Sophie, Ronsky, Igloo, Venus and Ophelia plus a neighbours cat who visits morning and night at feeding time. Recently I've had a bad time with depression long story but in brief I had a gas boiler blow up in my face and I'm afraid it's got the better of me and I have to go to sleep 4/5 times a day. Anyway today I went to bed around 5pm after around 10minutes heard an almighty howl thought my cats were about to start brawling, but could hear them all diving for cover and taking their positions. Decided to get up and go downstairs to find a black & white cat trying to eat the dry cat food, he/she seemed to be struggling as though they had very few teeth, put down some wet food and wolfed it down. The white fur looked dirty and the cat made what I can only describe as purring noises whilst eating. The eating went on for a good 20minutes and seemed to struggle with it, thought I'd risk my arm by giving it a stroke and this kind of shook me as I could feel every rib bone, hip bones, shoulder blades. With my forefinger and thumb I easily touch each other around the waste and neck. I've put the cat on the sofa, most of my cats have now kind of accepted her. In the morning she/he will be going to the vets, I get the impression she is house trained as she went outside for the toilet although she just dropped and went to sleep in the wet grass, so I've bought her back in.... The problem is she/he is riddled with fleas their hopping all over the place now, because of her current condition I'm a bit reluctant to start putting advocate on her, but I also have to think of my own cats although any cross contamination would have now taken place, however mine were done around 2 weeks ago. What would your advice be?

Link to CatChat