Author Topic: RSPCA  (Read 3401 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: RSPCA
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2015, 17:11:10 PM »
I am so glad this has a happy ending  ;D

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2015, 06:50:24 AM »
Lovely to read how this has turned out, and I hope she finds a loving Forever Home.

Miroslav, "No" is such a small word for such large connotations, isn't it?  :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 22:35:36 PM »
So pleased there is a happy ending and is good for you to know what happened after being so caring :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2015, 20:59:33 PM »
So pleased that she is safe and being looked after  ;D ;D

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2015, 20:09:37 PM »
Happy ending.

It seems someone else was concerned too and took her to the vets within the 24 hours of me noticing her and then going back and not finding her.

The vets took them to the RSPCA after inspecting her and she is going to make a full recovery. She was neglected and very skinny but they don't think any long term damage and they already have interest in taking her in - no, it's not me, even though I would have loved her despite probably being told i'm not allowed by others in the home!

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2015, 12:11:47 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 00:07:28 AM »
No dont give up  :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 23:21:38 PM »
The CP couldn't see it today but asked around some houses and it appears another man has lost his black cat in the last day or so as well.

She didn't get there til quite late as our town had some traffic light failures so lots of traffic jams!

Won't give up on this one as I did see the cat a month ago but it didn't approach me so didn't get a close up of it. I'm concerned, for whatever reason, over it's health.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 20:42:26 PM »
Soundsa like two good options, hope the cat turns up  ;D ;D

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 19:58:26 PM »
Spoke to CP and I went down with food, camera, pen, paper etc but it wasn't there.

Did notice some water and made a note of the door number.

CP going down tomorrow to see what they can find out.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 14:00:15 PM »
Cats Protection are looking into it. Lost and found officer to call me later.

They said in their email...

The local RSPCA in our area will always try to save a cat whenever possible and in the past have taken in and operated on a lovely ginger puss that had to have his leg amputated.

So it seems the local RSPCA is one of the good ones.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 08:07:11 AM »
could just be lost, hopefully it has a chip

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 22:14:44 PM »
I do hope so  :hug: :hug:

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 22:12:46 PM »
I'm Somerset East.

I've also just contacted CP in my town to see if they can do anything.

My local CP site says.... PLEASE NOTE THAT IN ACCORDANCE  WITH HQ CAT CARE STANDARDS, WE HAVE A STRICT NON DESTRUCT POLICY AND CATS STAY WITH US UNTIL WE FIND THEM THE HOME THEY DESERVE.

So hopefully they can help.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 22:06:34 PM »
My local branch would in London but every branch is different..............I hope you have a good RSPCA branch, some are very good, think Marys is and the one that saved Mikey was.

I would sound out CP just in case.

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 21:55:38 PM »
You were very kind but sadly RSPCA do not have a good record with cats and tend to quickly PTS.

I hasten to add that all branches are different but I would find out what branch and what there PTS policy is.

Do you have a Cats Protection Branch a on the whole thay are better?

Oh dear  :-[

I have emailed them to ask their policy.

We do have a cats protection. Will they come out to view a cat that looks unhealthy?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 21:41:34 PM »
You were very kind but sadly RSPCA do not have a good record with cats and tend to quickly PTS.

I hasten to add that all branches are different but I would find out what branch and what there PTS policy is.

Do you have a Cats Protection Branch a on the whole thay are better?

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
RSPCA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 20:21:45 PM »
So, I was walking this afternoon after work on my way to the shop when this little cat ran out of some bushes and started making a lot of noise and being very friendly.

I bent down to stroke it and it was so thin  :-[ I walked to the shop and bought a couple of items, one being some chicken for the cat as I was so concerned. When I got back, nothing, until I made a little noise with my mouth and out of the bushes it shot. It could smell the chicken and it was going mad. I bent down and it was attacking the packet. I'd already opened it and ripped it up so it was smaller for the cat to eat. I put the packet down by the bushes and it devoured it (5 slices) so i'd say it was pretty hungry. I left once I was satisfied it had had a good meal.

I was very concerned so I went to my vets as I still had to return some insulin needles and a sharps box, so I asked when there and the vet said RSPCA (I had thought this but wanted advice).

I contacted RSPCA and they just rang. They say if I can catch it and put it in a box (no carrier anymore as this was left at the crematorium when Minty went and had to be cut open as they couldn't get frozen Minty out) they'd come and collect the cat from  my place. Alternately, go to the same place tomorrow and call them from there and they'll get someone out ASAP to come out and see the cat, so all I need to do is monitor the cat in that time. I saw the cat about a month ago and it didn't come to me so I don't know how thin it was then as it was sat down in the bushes.

It did have a collar and I think it had a silver tag but it wouldn't let me look - it was so lively for such a skinny thing.

I think I have done the right thing. It could have a good owner and it could just have an illness which is being treated but i'd rather an owner then be unhappy with me for caring  than ignore the fact this cat looks ill and is actually neglected.

Link to CatChat