Author Topic: Where's a good place to buy...  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Where's a good place to buy...
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 19:45:33 PM »
Done it.  I will not be ordering from pet supermarket again though.  Pretty slow delivery too given that they supposedly despatched it on Monday and it only came today.  2 weeks since they took my money.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 19:27:06 PM »
I got my refund!

Susanne, it's easy - just log on to Paypal and follow the link to unresolved disputes. Select the order you're disputing (I assume there's only one!) and you'll get an option to cancel it.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 19:14:23 PM »
I've received my zylkene today.   guess I'll have to cancel my paypal dispute now if I can work out how to do it.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 13:26:23 PM »
That's pretty much the same email as I received.  My order has, supposedly, been dispatched.  They have offered me a discount off my next order  :shify:  Like there's going to be a next order!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 13:20:22 PM »
I got this email from Medicanimal today:

We are writing to update you on your recent order with MedicAnimal.

Please accept our sincere apologies that we have not been able to communicate with you sooner. Our Company has undergone a change in ownership, during which time we were unfortunately asked to cease trading temporarily and were legally bound not to communicate with anyone. It has been hugely frustrating for us to not be allowed to communicate with our customers during this time and it has also been disappointing to see some opportunistic competitors exploit the situation for their own benefit and some media speculate on the events.

We sincerely apologise that during this time there has been a delay with processing your order, especially because we know the products we sell are so necessary and important to your pets. We were unable to take delivery of product while undergoing this process which in turn made it impossible to fulfil your order in a timely manner.

For your peace of mind and understanding that you may have purchased elsewhere during this time, we will be cancelling your order and refunding the full amount immediately but please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for funds to arrive in your account - this is the time it typically takes for refunds to work their way back to you from the time they are issued on our side.

As an apology for the inconvenience we have caused you we are also crediting your account with a £10 voucher, which will show as an available form of payment on your account.

Their website is back up too.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 08:37:06 AM »
I have had an email from pet supermarket saying they have found a buyer so are under new ownership and will send out my order next week.  I'm not cancelling my paypal dispute just yet though.  I feel inclined to tell them to cancel the order anyway.  They said they were prevented by law from communicating with buyers.  I don't think much of a law that doesn't allow a company to contact people they've taken money from.  I don't particularly like it when companies take the money at point of order rather than when they dispatch come to think of it.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 18:55:09 PM »
weird thing - royal mail have attempted a delivery today.  I can't think what on earth it could be other than my pet supermarket order.  I don't think I've ordered anything else online  :-:  But my order from pet supermarket is just some zylkene which I would have thought would fit through letterbox.  seems unlikely that they would send it out now too plus no dispatch email.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2015, 08:23:27 AM »
Bestpet another part of the group have also gone, check out   medicines4pets.co.uk   had an order to me in 3 days

Do you know whether it's just Best Pet on-line or have their wholesale outlets have also folded.  Paws Inn uses their cash and carry for litter and bulk stuff.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:45:02 AM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2015, 20:49:59 PM »
Thanks everyone. I've ordered from Fetch as they can deliver tomorrow.

Susanne: you must escalate your dispute so that Paypal get involved - when you can do this depends on when you placed your order (it should say on your PP account).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 21:04:52 PM by jezebel »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2015, 18:07:26 PM »
:thanks:

I used Paypal and I've raised a dispute about it. I have to wait a few days before I can escalate it (to give the seller time to respond - pointless really).

I placed an order with pet supermarket on Thursday evening and paid by paypal - can you tell me how to raise a dispute in paypal?  Ive done it years ago but paypal has changed loads since then and I've only recently created a new account.  It's  not much money but I want it back if possible.

ETA I have managed to raise a dispute.  It's only £10 (thank god) but I'm not wealthy enough to dismiss that out of hand.  I'm more  annoyed that I won't get my goods and will have to re-order elsewhere as I wanted it urgently but now can't afford to buy until payday next week.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 18:13:01 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2015, 16:50:37 PM »
Here is a site where others have had the problem with medicanimal. Some have lodged a complaint with paypal etc trying to get money back. Vet uk are offering a 15% discount on first order.
Julie.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=68919178

Post from vetuk.

AshleighVetUK
THANKS
ASHLEIGHVETUK
View public profile
Find more posts
View all thanked posts
#10    5th Aug 15, 3:36 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am the Marketing & Communications Manager from VetUK and wanted to get in touch regarding your concerns over orders you have placed with MedicAnimal, Pet-Supermarket and PetMeds. As far as we are aware they have gone into administration and are currently no longer trading.

It is very unlikely that if you have placed that you will receive a refund directly from the company, so we would advise that you contact your bank urgently. If you have paid with PayPal you will be able to raise a dispute, also your credit card provider may be able to offer you some level of protection.

If you are looking for an alternative supplier, I can obviously recommend us - vetuk.co.uk . We have a Customer Services team who are able to help with any queries you may have - they can be contacted on info@vetuk.co.uk or 01845 591040, and also a dedicated prescription medications team should you be needing to place an order for urgent medication - we will do our best to help where we can.

As a welcome offer, we would like to offer you all a 15% discount on your first order with us using the code FACE15 - this code will be valid until the end of play on Friday.

Many thanks, Ashleigh

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 15:59:00 PM »
This one's not down:

https://fetch.co.uk/search?entry=Royal+Canin+senior+consult+stage+2

20% off 1st order and free delivery over £10

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline pandorawarlord

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: buttonchops, jeronimo, symphony, tenini, montymunchkin
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 15:42:36 PM »
 Bestpet another part of the group have also gone, check out   medicines4pets.co.uk   had an order to me in 3 days

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 20:23:20 PM »

I used Paypal and I've raised a dispute about it. I have to wait a few days before I can escalate it (to give the seller time to respond - pointless really).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 20:24:19 PM by jezebel »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 14:19:48 PM »
Did you pay by credit card Jezebel? If so defo contact your card provider...

I just looked on the medicanimal facebook page and there are replies to customer Q's asking where their orders are by petplanet (an unconnected company) saying:

"I'm afraid the parent company of Medicanimal ceased trading on Friday. They were Pet Supermarket, Medicanimal and Petmeds...

&

I'm afraid the parent company of Medicanimal and Pet-Supermarket ceased trading on Friday. petplanet.co.uk are offering 12% discounts to new customers, using the code MEDICA. Why don't you give us a try?"

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 13:03:55 PM »
Pet Supermarket's website is down too.

Can you contact your bank and cancel payment? It may be worth a try

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 12:54:11 PM »
Pet Supermarket's website is down too.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 21:09:00 PM »
Oh  :censored: ! Apparently Medicanimal has ceased trading. Website down, not answering emails. Must have happened hours after I placed my order! >:(

Have you tried phoning them. If not phone pet supermarket as they are the same company

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 19:39:09 PM »
Oh  :censored: ! Apparently Medicanimal has ceased trading. Website down, not answering emails. Must have happened hours after I placed my order! >:(

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 22:12:12 PM »
Knowing fussy cats, and all the trouble you have gone to, probably not.
Julie.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 18:55:01 PM »
Cheers guys, I've ordered from MedicAnimal (the only place I could find the wet food).

Bet she won't eat it. :naughty:

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 22:18:12 PM »
Petplanet 6kilo for £29 89p. It's on offer at the moment.
Julie.

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/category.asp?dept_id=354&sortby=pop&filterb=59&filtert=307&filters=

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 21:04:30 PM »
Royal Canin senior consult stage 2?

My vet has recommended it for Drum, who's been losing weight, but I can't find it at the usual outlets (Zooplus, Pets at Home). I'd like to avoid buying it from the vet practice if I can.

http://www.medicanimal.com/search?text=Royal+Canin+senior+consult+stage+2

and or Petsupermarket. Same place £11.90 for 1.5kg

And 10% 0ff first order when you spend £29
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 21:13:10 PM by hollycat »

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Where's a good place to buy...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 20:50:30 PM »
Royal Canin senior consult stage 2?

My vet has recommended it for Drum, who's been losing weight, but I can't find it at the usual outlets (Zooplus, Pets at Home). I'd like to avoid buying it from the vet practice if I can.

Link to CatChat