Author Topic: I need advice  (Read 2801 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: I need advice
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
Good luck with the move it sounds fab  ;D

Hope its a new vstart for you and Salem and a garden and allotment sounds like a deam made in heaven  ;D ;D

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Salem, chiana and the rabbit bun bun
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2015, 11:24:23 AM »
My allotment is actually our own private land behind the garden but I'm gonna enjoy using it to its full potential

I have now spoken to the police after my sister giving me advice and pushing me I've told them I wanted to make a report about it but no further action to be taken at this time and they have told me if at anytime I did want to take it further they would be pursuing him for criminal damage I will hopefully be talking to the housing today about it all too I'm just waiting for my housing officer to be in the office as she only works few days a week I just want it all on record in case anything more does happen

I've been letting Salem out but only while my scumbag neighbour is at work

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 06:51:33 AM »

I wholeheartedly agree with Julie - there's no greater pleasure than having your own garden space, and Salem will be able to claim that territory very definitely as his own.  I'm chuffed to bits for you, because I remember how much I delighted in finally having a garden to call my own.  I personally shovelled a ton and a half of grit to get at the soil.  Now it's a wild garden, and the boys and us just love it.  You will have that very soon.    ;D

Allotments are usually very social places as Julie says, and a great way to meet people.    :)

Offline bickhamwitch

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Frodo Hebe Luka Thierry Grace Solly.
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 00:44:17 AM »
Good luck with your move. It might be the gateway to change for you. It will be so much better having your own garden. And having an allotment will be a wonderful way for you to get out. Hopefully meet nice new neighbours and make a whole new start away from people threatening your cat with an air riffle.
Julie.

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2015, 00:31:38 AM »
I really can't wait to move property is somewhat smaller I've got here at the same time it's so much bigger with a bigger bathroom and a private garden unlike here where is communal and it even has its own little allotment which I will be using to its potential so whilst its smaller in some ways it's so much bigger in others I can't wait to make a move from Partington to Northwich it's been a long time coming but it's finally happening

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 20:20:15 PM »
Things may well turn a corner when you move and Salem may feel more settled at his new house.  Are you looking forward to the move?  It can be hard work getting everything ready but worthwhile once you're done and in your new home.  I hope it's everything you want, and more.  :hug:

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 14:06:58 PM »
Salem is neutered we had him done young We don't have indemnity insurance I'm currently on benefits unfortunately like almost every one in my block

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 13:17:32 PM »

Ah.... cat burglary  :shify:  Well if he's too mean to invest in a microchip cat flap, he's kind of inviting all and sundry - feline and criminal into his house.   :-:

Is Salem neutered?  Am sure he is, but with him being so territorial,  I thought I'd ask.   Usually, neutered cats work out ways to share territory relatively squabble free.

The only time I've ever had problems with cats gatecrashing our property has been from complete toms, hence the acquisition of a microchip cat flap.  Job done.  Now the worst we get is a squirt on the perspex and a pungent odour when the door opens.

On another point entirely,  given Salem is prone to atacking other cats, do you have indemnity insurance as part of his cover - if he injured another cat badly, you wouldnt want to be left in a position where you had a hefty vet's bill to face - or indeed if he bites off more than he can chew one day.  Forgive me if these are things you already have covered - just thinking aloud, as it were.

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 09:58:08 AM »
And the way Salem gets into his flat is when he's at work he leaves windows open for his own cats to get in and out it seems to be that Salem being pretty much the only male cat round here he's kinda the dominant one so he does attack other cats I've told the neighbours that you can't stop it he's a cat but they seem to think that he's just pure nasty he isn't he's just protecting his territory I've got another cat as well as him and for the last 9 months I've had a rabbit he's not nasty to them

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 09:53:21 AM »
I'm not gonna report him to the police but going to speak to the housing association who take things like this extremely seriously and not make a complaint as such but make sure they have the incident on record so that if anything further does happen they can take action

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 21:38:14 PM »
He will get away with it whatever!

I have been fighting this kind of situation for 10 years here so a bit of an expert on the non-action and excuses given by those who should do something.

Makes me sick but the laws seem to be made to give bullies freedom to bully and work against those needing help....................just watch the news for how they get away with murder! Pun intended.

If the poster is moving best just do it!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 21:17:15 PM »

Ah well, do nothing and another bully gets away with it

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 21:05:13 PM »
If the cat is kept in then he cant shot it but if she reports this person it could stop her move.

My neighbour did the same and had an air rifle but without a witness its his word against mine.

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 20:52:30 PM »

If he is threatening to shoot your cat report hi to the police. He may have a criminal record, if so he can't own an air pistol so he should be locked up  ;D

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 20:29:57 PM »
i also agree he should be reported for threatening with the air pistol. Too many cats are being shot and sadly some dont survive. On facebook last week someone posted a photo of 2 cats that had been killed by shooting, one of them a 20 year old cat belonging to a pensioner. So sad! These scumbags need to have their guns taken off them :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: But I would also agree with keeping Saleem in till you move. And on the day you do move, I would put on a rubber glove grab a handful of his poo and smear it all under the door handle of his car :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 19:33:22 PM »
Can't understand why he would let Salem in (or does Salem gain access sneakily?  Some cats do)

I too would be inclined to keep Salem in until the move but would also consider reporting the pistol incident.  I don't personally subscribe to the theory that cats react from spite to punish people.  Their behaviour can be  protest but hard to see why Salem would raise a protest in someone else's house other than the rivalry with their cats.  Do they come into your house at all?

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 18:04:18 PM »
It is worth knowing, that in an abuse type relationships, any violence towards animals is noted.  I would inform the local council of the threats and the mans action of putting the poo through the door etc.  I'd keep your cat indoors for the remainder of your stay there, or use a harness for controlled walks outside.

I used to have a nutty neighbour that thought every pit of dog poo that arrived in his front garden was from my dog, he used to put it into my garden with the toilet paper wrapped round it.  He didn't even know what a fox poo looked like, so my dog got the blame for that as well.    My dog never did go in his garden, but some people done have the brain cells to work that out.

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 17:07:28 PM »
It might be an idea just to keep Salem in for safety's sake,  until you are all settled in the new place. Your neighbour sounds like an  :censored:  Like Gill, I understand you not wanting to call the police, but he might harm another animal with his air rifle. Maybe wait until nearer the move.
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 16:24:32 PM »
Don't worry I won't forget to keep him in I'm usually the one lecturing people to people to do that

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 15:46:29 PM »
I suspe ct he is punishing your neighbour for being nasty to him.

If your neighbour doesnt want him in the nhouse why does he let him in?

Air guns are very nasty things and can understand you not reporting it if you nare movimg that soom but be careful and if things get very bad you may well have to.

I wouldnt worry about your new place, suck it and see. good luck with the move and dont forget to keep your cat in for about 4 weeks or so  ;D ;D ;D

Offline allycat1506

• Kitten
I need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 13:41:30 PM »
Last night I literally came home to find cat poo through my letterbox I spoke to the neighbours about it and one of the neighbours admitted it he said my cat had been pooing on his furniture now my cat has always attacked the neighbours cats no matter what I do and I feel it's territory related now I'm keeping my cats in because of how aggressive my neighbour got over it it was to the point that he's threatened to kill my cat if I let him out he even aimed air pistol at him last night luckily I have the best boyfriend in the world who stepped in front and said theres no way your killing my cat I've not rung the police as tbh we shall be moving in roughly 5 weeks but I need advice on how to tackle it if my Salem starts pooing in someone else's house once we've moved sorry it's so long winded

Ally

Link to CatChat