Author Topic: Chuckles update! It's been a while  (Read 2310 times)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
Re: Chuckles update! It's been a while
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 12:20:54 PM »
How lovely to have a nice update from your two :) Good to see Chuckles looking so well and it sounds like you are enjoying life too.
Not so long next time with the updates Stevo! Of course we remember you!
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:01 AM »
Dualscan fan here too.   :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 10:12:00 AM »
Hi Stevo, of course we remember! Yes the sureflap is amazing, I've upgraded mine to the new dualscan version as we now have foster kittens who can't be allowed out.

Chuckles looks very pleased with her new carpet!  :Luv2:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 08:05:55 AM »
Wow, has it really been two years? Blimey! :Crazy:

Chuckles is looking as gorgeous as ever.

(Nice carpet, btw.)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 06:43:15 AM »
The fact she gets protective of her windowsill watching is a territorial thing, to do with what's going on outside.

Am also glad she moderates her present giving.   :evillaugh:  Tinks brought us a stoat last week - it lived in our bedroom for almost three days while we worked out how best to trap it/get it out.   :innocent:   

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 00:06:11 AM »

Hi Stevo, I'm the odd gent  :rofl:

Chuckles is gorgeous

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 22:32:58 PM »
You deserved a bitten finger lol

Chuckles is gorgeous and you have been busy and only one tail in the paint  :innocent:

Great to see you back, dont stay away so long next time  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 21:39:30 PM »
Isn't that strange - was only wondering what had been happening with you two recently.

Surprised you only got away with scratches after sticking your finger in her mouth!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 20:36:22 PM »
Hey Stevo - welcome back!!  So good to see you.  Don't think is mad about ghost cat - I often feel the spirit of our previous dogs and cats with us.  It no longer feels strange, only comforting

Offline stevo

• Adult Cat
Chuckles update! It's been a while
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 18:56:23 PM »
Hi ladies (and possibly the odd gent!)

Long time no see/type!  Was sat at the computer and was at a bit of a loose  end so thought I'd do you a Chuckles update.  Must be a good couple of years  since I last posted on here.  Whether anyone will remember or not is  irrelevant really, I know how much you lot love pictures of cats and their  stories :)

Well, I've had her about 2 and a half years now and I have to say she is Ace -  apart from scratching me the other day!  To be fair I had just stuck my finger  in her mouth whilst she was yawning... and I know not to mess with her on the  window sill (dunno what it is about that front window, she's fine everywhere  else).  Mind you it's the first time she's ever done it, then again its the  first time I've stuck my finger in her gob.  Correlation?  Probably. Further  testing?  Possibly not.

Cool, she's just come back in from outside and I managed to get a couple of  "adequate" shots.  You get to see my new carpet too!

Hats off to those who recommended the SureFlap, that thing is un-stoppable.   Only had to change the batteries that came with it a couple of weeks ago and  it was just a straight swap when the light started flashing.  No fuss, no  reprogramming. Just carried on like nothing had happened.  Shaping up to be  one of lifes decent purchases.

Not had too many presents brought in (thankfully) apart from a couple of  massive moths, a frog and a spider - straight out of my darkest nightmares.   That was a 2:20am wake up I won't forget in a hurry.  I had a spate of  silicone strips bring brought in, 3 or 4 a night at one point.  Now the  building work next door but one has finished that has thankfully stopped.

Got some very light paranormal stuff going on too where Chuckles seems to be  seeing the same "visual disturbances" that I am  :Crazy:  Nothing massive and not very  often (4 times so far) but quite interesting never the less.  Saw a very  slight glimps/shimmer of the black ghost cat coming into my bedroom the other  night too.  It was so fast I could have dismissed it as my imagination,  however, Chuckles wasn't slobbing on the bed as normal, she's sat there like  she does on the doorstep when next doors cats come over.  And it's not the  first time I've seen it either. Fastenating stuff.

Been doing some decorating, painted pretty much eveywhere inside, new carpet,  settee, partial new kitchen going in.  Only had the tail in the paint once and  a couple of light bits of white emulsion down the flank.  Very well behaved!   I'm thinking about building her a kind of shelf in the corner of the bedroom  above the TV.

She's still as fussy as ever with the food, will only eat them Purina tins,  dosen't like the duck one though.  Loves the chunky chicken, we had to stop  with the roast beef when the oven broke :(  I did try to buy a new one but the  lady at the shop refused to sell me one as I blatently said I was just going  to wire it straight into the ring main...  Even though the old one has been  like that in situ for the last 10 years without issue.   Won't touch fish,  tried her with some Tesco's finest smoked salmon, you'd have thought I was  trying to poison her.

Glad I gave that last tin of pilchards to nextdoors old cat now, he had to be put  to sleep a few weeks after (nothing to do with the pilchards).  Poor fella, he was 20 though.  Was about a year  ago now.  Shame I've still got pics of him on my phone somewhere.

Ok, better go shrink these images down.  I seem to remember this forum being a  bit fussy with the image sizes :)

Not the best pics but I'm sure you'll enjoy them - who wouldn't, she's the best looking cat there is !! :Luv2:

Ste...

Link to CatChat