Author Topic: hello!  (Read 10847 times)

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Re: hello!
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2015, 14:51:53 PM »
Exactly Slugsta we've only seen 2 pictures of this kitten and she's going to be an adult soon. Not good enough.  :evillaugh:

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2015, 13:10:11 PM »
 :need pics:

:naughty:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2015, 19:01:10 PM »
She's a very spoilt kitten

They all are, on here anyway :evillaugh: :Luv2: We love our kittens, oh yes, we do ;D
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 06:45:18 AM »

Oh yes, more piccies would be splendid!   :wow:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2015, 17:29:04 PM »

I am glad she is doing so well. More pics would be nice  ;D ;D

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Khaleesi
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2015, 00:42:24 AM »
Thank you, her name definitely suits her little queen bee, my Oh is very fond of her now even gets jealous when she plays and cuddles me instead of him lol, my mother treats her like a human grandchild, keeps buying her toys and food/treats lol.. She's a very spoilt kitten

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 10:33:49 AM »
Khaleesi is beautiful, your OH will come around, believe me. I have a four month (yesterday) old shorthaired tortie and white called Boblet, I also have two older cats, Trouble and Emo. I came home from work with Boblet as lady at work couldn't keep as she was violently allergic, expecting hell to break loose from my BF who says he hates the cats, all he said was "What is that?" I explained and he was just "OK.", I suspect he is not the cat hater he professes to be! :rofl:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Marthas Mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Martha
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2015, 06:18:49 AM »
Hello there,
Just wanted to welcome you too!! :welcome:
These lovely ladies have been amazingly supportive esp when my bundle of joy has been in the wars!! I hope she brings you all the joy in the world!!
MM :hug:

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2015, 03:26:54 AM »
Think I'll end up having double that by then haha

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 23:18:44 PM »

I always take pictures think I've taken about 200 already

I'm up to 3,700 ish in 10 months  ;D ;D

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2015, 23:15:50 PM »
Yeah my partner is one of them if they've had one you'll never get a better one, he's more for dogs then anything else. I literally go into my friends and pick khaleesi up my poor friend feels neglected bless her haha.. I always take pictures think I've taken about 200 already lmao..She loves sleeping on top of the sky box! Lol

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2015, 14:20:42 PM »
 :evillaugh: Am just thinking, looking at her asleep there with her sister, there's no hint of the mischief and mayhem which will undoubtedly follow. 

Emma - you and your family are going to have so much fun.  :wow:

Take tons and tons of pictures, as they're lovely to look back on when she's all grown up.   :Luv:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2015, 14:02:40 PM »

I can't imagine my two ever being as small as in your pic  ;D They grow so fast.

How lovely that you get to see Khaleesi  and handle her when you like.  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2015, 12:13:15 PM »

Ah, give it time....   ;)

My hubby wasnt a cat lover AT ALL when we first met - he was a confirmed dog guy through and through.  Four years into our marriage and he inadvertently ended up rescuing a little kitten who was way too young to be out, and who had been caught up in a strong gust of wind and bowled along in front of the bus he was driving.  He stopped, scooped her up, popped her in his holdall, and took her to the police.  :shify:  Who refused to have anything to do with it, and recommended we took her to the local shelter.

Of course, he brought her home, we advertised her as having been found.  No-one claimed her, and the rest, as they say, was history.  That was 30 years ago, and since then, he's as barmy about cats as we all are.   :evillaugh:

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2015, 11:49:08 AM »
I'm very spoilt so I'll get my way eventually mind it took me and khaleesi's grandma to talk him round! He isn't much of an animal lover like me haha

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2015, 11:14:36 AM »
Hmph. OH needs sense talking into him!!!!!!!!!! 4 folk in the house and only one baby kitteh???????
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2015, 11:10:38 AM »
I wanted to keep all five! Luckily the OH knows how to talk sense into me lol

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2015, 11:08:43 AM »
Yep, I think I'd want to keep both of those little sweeties too  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »
Can't believe how much they grow in just a week! When I get her home I'll blink and she'll be a year old :'( apparently she just goes flat out after any feeding haha lol.. Wish I could bring her sister home aswell

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2015, 10:44:23 AM »
OMG!!!!!      :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:    Swoooooon.   Look at those little kitten mouths! 

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 10:43:22 AM »
I don't think I'd ever be sick of talking about her, I'm counting down the days till Sunday!
The picture is khaleesi and her sister Kara

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2015, 21:52:45 PM »
Believe me, you will get tired of talking about her before we get tired of hearing!  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 21:01:54 PM »
Please go on and on - we like nothing better.  The next best thing to our kitties is everyone else's.  ;D

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 20:50:01 PM »
Luckily no, there's always people in the house as I live with my partner, his son and nephew haha all working different shifts and all looking forward to our new family member! I was going to get a sibling group but unfortunately she was the only one left (can't say I won't get her a little friend through time will just have to convince the OH) HAHA I've always wanted a cat but I've either been living with my mam (who is allergic)  or working too many hours now I have time with her :) only a few more weeks :) sorry about going on and on!

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 20:41:11 PM »
Is she going to be on her own during the day? If they are in all the time they can get bored. It might be worth considering getting two kittens. I have two and they are great together. I don't worry as much when I'm out as they exercise each other and keep each other company. Mine are indoor kitties as well.

Lucky you having the pleasure of getting to know a cat for the first time. You're in for lots of fun over the next few months. 

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 19:50:43 PM »
She definitely has cat attitude lmao! Went to claw at my phone case when I was taking a picture with no warning so nearly jumped out of my skin! Haha.. Well that's why I thought I'd come here it seems like a lovely site already! Just had a message off my friend saying she's already used the litter tray (taught herself the cleaver girly!) and already trying kitten food.. Unfortunately I can't see her till Sunday now cause I'm at work but my friend is sending pictures like there's no tomorrow!  Haha.. I look forward to reading about everyone else's animals :D the picture attached is from when she was only a few days old

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 18:16:20 PM »
Hi Emma, and  :welcome:  to Purrs  :)  Khaleesi is beautiful  :Luv:  Can't wait until you get her home so we can hear about all the mischief she has been getting into  :naughty:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 17:39:15 PM »

She'll have "tortitude" - it's like attitude but with added "cat"  ;) :evillaugh:

Thought you maybe were a game of Thrones fan.   :)

Any questions you have, or anything you feel like chatting about, here's the place to do it.  We love chattting about cats and kittens - and piccies are always welcome.    ;D  We will of course probably hound you mercilessly about progress, and countdowns, and how many sleeps left   :wow:  We do that, you know.   :Luv:

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 17:28:21 PM »
I think there has got to be for me to have to known her from birth, I always make sure im close to her or holding her when I visit, yeah I think she is a tortoise and white, she's the only one outta the litter like that!

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 16:30:42 PM »

She is lovely. A tortie and white methinks Its nice that you can see her and play when you want  ;D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 16:33:16 PM by hollycat »

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 16:26:39 PM »
I think there is a special bond when a cat has known you since birth. I think you and Khaleesi will be very happy together  ;D

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 16:23:01 PM »
I've fallen totally smitten with her from day one, she's actually from a friends litter of kittens so I've been able to see her from just a few days old, so far I've just got two scratching posts, I thought that since I don't know alot about cats I best keep her indoors..and I'm a worrier :/ lol. I've named her khaleesi after the queen in game of thrones, thought it was very fitting as I heard female cats were called queens haha.. I Love the fact there's two different colours over her eyes and she's very playful! But also comes to snuggle on my knee..

Online Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 16:20:38 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: Your little girl is a real beauty!  :Luv2:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 15:00:44 PM »

Hello Emma and welcome to Purrrs  :welcome:

She is gorgeous. As well as toys get lots of scratchers for her  ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:40 AM »
Hello Emma - welcome to Purrs  :wow:

I work in Newcastle.   :) :hug:

How exciting that you;re waiting to bring your little girl home.  Think it's a sensible idea about keeping her indoor only.  She's not known any different, so should take to it well.  She's a little heartbreaker in the beauty stakes, isn't she?  What are you going to call her? 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 09:35:37 AM »
welcome to the mad world of cats!  what a cutie she is

Offline KhaleesIandEmma

• Kitten
hello!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:26:01 AM »
Hi I'm emma from the UK, Newcastle area, I'm new to having pet cats (still awaiting the arrival of my first) I get my little girl on the 24th of march when she is 10 weeks old! Been doing loads of research but still feel like I'm out the loop! Haven't even got her yet but she has thousands of toys as I am planning to keep her indoors as there's been too many horror stories where I live unfortunately  :'( anyways any advise would be appreciated :)

Thanks emma xx

Link to CatChat