Author Topic: Feed a Sunny Harbour cat for Christmas ........THIS IS AN AUCTION PLEDGE  (Read 7871 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Feed a Sunny Harbour cat for Christmas ........THIS IS AN AUCTION PLEDGE
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2015, 14:16:41 PM »
Hopefully Tan will see this. also try pm her

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2015, 12:22:12 PM »
I sent you my pledge money but I forgot to put any info on my paypal donation :-( will you still be able to get the money to the cats?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 13:16:58 PM »
Total running at £206

I am gonna put a list on here of pledges so you can say if paid  :shify: :shify:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 19:30:08 PM by Tan, Reason: added shelia\'s £50 :) »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 08:29:15 AM »
Well; call me copy cat if ya like  :innocent: but twas always our intention to tack on anuvver 50 squid but didn't see this Christmas Dinner pledge page with all the tea towel fights goin' on  :)

Also, hopin Kay doesn't mind me mentioning that she effectively donated some of Trigger's medication (RIP darling, angel boy  :( ) by sending it to me so that's another £15 coming Sunny Harbour's way  :hug:

Very much hope we can break through the £2,000 barrier for you all Sarah  :grouphug:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 07:05:14 AM »
Tan, I've rounded up my payment to include a special Christmas dinner for everyone at Sunny Harbour. Since We didn't win quite as big as we hoped please accept £50 from us in the Tuftyclub. :clap:

Offline Frances

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Christopher, Eleanor and George; RIP James
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2014, 20:10:43 PM »
£11.00 from me - didn't get everything I bid on

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 20:06:54 PM »
Current Total £80  ;D

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 20:25:16 PM »
£10 from us x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 00:23:35 AM »
Current total £70  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 21:15:13 PM »
£10 from me
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 23:34:59 PM »
Thta's wonderful  and def what the pledges do/here for esp after the auction closes  ;D :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »
I'm same as sheila, depends how my budget goes!!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 00:42:59 AM »
Sad, sad truths we hate to read but need to know. Thank you Tan  :hug: :hug:

I'll watch this thread until the end of the auction, if I win nowt I'll be happy to give the rest of my auction budget to Sunny Harbour here.  :briggin:

If I win big it may be a wee bit less!  :shy:  :doh:

Tan, can we keep this thread open for a day or so after the Auction ends to allow folk to calculate their winnings, rub any bruised egos better (and there will be some if I have my wicked way  :evillaugh: ) and donate?  :donate:

Yes hun ya right so so sad but part of what we are raising money for .. those needy babes :hug:  so Paul & Sarah can help darlin babes like Connie, Copper etc

Yes this section and all the Pledges will be left open till a few days after the auction for anyone that wants to add a wee bit more.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2014, 23:06:36 PM »
£5 for me :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2014, 21:36:15 PM »
Sad, sad truths we hate to read but need to know. Thank you Tan  :hug: :hug:

I'll watch this thread until the end of the auction, if I win nowt I'll be happy to give the rest of my auction budget to Sunny Harbour here.  :briggin:

If I win big it may be a wee bit less!  :shy:  :doh:

Tan, can we keep this thread open for a day or so after the Auction ends to allow folk to calculate their winnings, rub any bruised egos better (and there will be some if I have my wicked way  :evillaugh: ) and donate?  :donate:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 02:32:45 AM »
 £10.00 from me please.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 01:17:00 AM »
Heartbreakng stories from just a few of the cats sunny harbour have rescued

My love goes out to them all

I pledge 25 x £1 dinners

Xxxxxx

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 12:05:34 PM »
Hi Jo hun yes spot on xxx thanks so much
Any pledge amount gets added to the Auction total at the end and Ya pay it with your Winning items.
We do these pledges for anyone that does not want to bid on the auction but wants to donate to the rescue :) of course Ya can also do both :)

Xx

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 10:57:46 AM »
Not quite sure if I am doing this right but I pledge £20 total.. Jo X

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2014, 20:14:49 PM »
Copper – a cat in grief

Copper or Koppa as she was formerly known is yet another of our arrivals this year that breaks your heart.
She had no physical injuries or abuse to speak of and the very minor issues she had are already resolving with good nutrition.

So why you may ask does she evoke such feeling. To put it simply, the look in her eyes.  She is lost, doesn’t understand what she has done to be here and is essentially grieving for the owners who placed her here.

Thankfully it is a situation we have seen so many times before and we are well versed at helping them. Far too many times cats who are fit and healthy but no longer have a place in the home find themselves here or other rescue centres.

So what is Copper’s story?

Apparently her owners are moving abroad and so she and her 2 younger housemates have found themselves homeless.  Why, I don’t really know as the latest pet passport schemes make travelling with pets far easier than many years ago. But then people often tell us half truths to “get a space”

Whatever the reason it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that for cats like Copper of which there are thousands every day, they need to endure this emotional roller coaster full of fear and depression.

This shouldn’t be the case. These cats deserve far better and before you consider taking on a pet will you think of them as a throwaway object or permanent part of your family? By taking on a pet you make a life long commitment to care for them to the best of your ability, keep them safe and free from pain and sickness.

As for Copper, we will care for her, bring her on and find her a wonderful new loving home, hopefully one day soon, where she will live out the rest of her life happy & spoilt never again to feel as she does now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 20:15:12 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2014, 20:12:13 PM »
Ali’s Tale

Sadly there are times when nature takes its course and doesn’t quite manage to complete the cycle of life.  What am I referring to?  Little Ali and his mum.

Little Ali was born on Sunday night with 3 siblings. Mum cat who has had a few litters before had got the hang of things after 3 years in this world.  Typically small for a female cat who began having kittens when she was very young, she delivered her babies well on her own. Cleaning them up and separating them from their sacs and placenta.

This was as far as she could go. For some reason mums milk just didn’t come in.  We don’t know exactly what happened next but we do know that her little body couldn’t feed her 4 babies.

When Sunny Harbour learnt of their arrival nearly 24 hrs had already passed. Paul got to them as quickly as he could but on arrival found 3 kittens were already dead and the sole surviving kitten was barely alive.

No time to stop and think and an hour away from the rescue Paul got in the car and headed straight back. This sole surviving kitten was exceptionally weak and freezing cold as well as starving.  In a bid to warm the baby kitten and stop him from dying of hypothermia Paul placed him next to his skin and got back to Sunny Harbour as quickly as possible where I was waiting with emergency supplies.

It was touch and go. Yet despite all the odds against this wee guy he was full of spirit and a will to live.  We desperately got fluids into him and warmed him up.  He was such a little fighter and so we called him Ali.

The first few days were the hardest and part of us was almost expecting to lose him. Ali had different plans and kept fighting on and thankfully at 5 days old and despite everything he remains fighting and full of spirit.

It is so sad when nature cannot cope with the strain on their little bodies and these precious, innocent little souls have to lose their lives.

Better still would be for cats like Ali’s mum not to have to bear the strain of multiple litters and her tiny body fail.
If ever there was a reason or case to have your cat neutered then Ali is it.
We just hope and pray he will survive and for as long as he keeps soldiering on we will continue to help him fight…

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 20:07:49 PM »
Penny
Penny is a very old lady of 20+ years who came to Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue following the sudden death of her owner.

Penny came to Sunny Harbour with her brother Monday who sadly passed to Rainbow Bridge in late 2009. Penny, who now lives with Cassie one of our other long term residents is such a happy content soul who never asks for more than food, warmth and a few cuddles each day.

She has had quite the fight with a few health complications on her arrival but has fought through them all and done very well. She is now into her 2nd year with Sunny Harbour and continues to keep fighting along.

If you would like to read Penny & Monday's full story then please click here to read on.
Penny & Monday are 2 of the most affectionate, loving little cats you could meet. Both are elderly cats and full of character and are ever so close, watching out for each other constantly. Their bond is heartwarming to see and they came to Sunny Harbour after the sudden death of their previous owner.

Monday the catSadly, Penny & Monday were suffering from various health issues including heart murmurs and Hyperthyroidism and were in a bad way on arriving with Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue. Both were thin, depressed and generally their spirits were low after their ordeal.

For the foreseeable future this delightful little duo will remain with Sunny Harbour until such times as their health can be stabilised As per our NO KILL policy we do not put to sleep any cat in our care whilst they can still be given a good level of quality of life.

We know that with the correct treatment and care Penny & Monday can and will have a good quality of life however it will take time and lots of TLC to get there. The chances that Penny & Monday will remain at Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue for the rest of their days is very high with the combination of health issues and their age, currently estimated to be upwards of 16 years old.

Penny looking lovely as alwaysDue to Pennys age she was unable to be rehomed from Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue and will instead live out the remaining time she has left under our care.

They are currently on a special diet and Monday is receiving regular veterinary checkups and medication which has seen the cancerous scabs slow in their appearance. Penny has finally stabilised and she is also starting to put a little weight on and her spirits are lifting. Monday too has put some weight on and their true and very loving characters are now abundantly clear to everyone who meets them. Monday is also being monitored closely as he is believed to be borderline for developing Hyperthyroidism in addition to his skin cancer.

After a check up at the vet we were informed that Penny's condition will improve greatly if we can provide her with surgery to remove her thyroid gland. Whilst this will not rid her of the problem completely, as their is a high likely hood the condition will return on her other Thyroid gland it will give her a far better quality of life for the interim period. At her elderly age this may be enough to see her through to the end of her days as comfortably as possible. Penny has now had her surgery and has recovered well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 20:08:18 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 20:04:39 PM »
Cassie

Cassie is a 13yr old female tortoiseshell cat who will never find a special forever home all of her own.

Cassie is the most affectionate, loving little girl who came to us in a bid to save her from being euthanised by her owners who felt she was being bullied by other cats at home.

When Cassie first came to live with us in foster care she was very thin and nervous, so much so, she was scared to even eat. Yet, despite this, her affectionate and loving nature would still shine through. The moment you called her name she came running out to see you with lots of cuddles. With love and time she has found there is no need to be scared any more and has even decided that tinned cat food can be tasty!

After having spent nearly 3 months at Sunny Harbour we did feel we had found a good loving home for her. Sadly after a few months in her new home her issues arose once more and she was returned to Sunny Harbour.

Cassie has improved slightly since her arrival back at Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue and 2 years on we are making headway. We are putting Cassie forward for sponsorship at Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue to help with her long term care costs and to give her some special friends.

Since her return to Sunny Harbour Cat Rescue Cassie has continued to be a very nervous cat who can suffer from hair loss and loss of appetite and as such it is best we keep her environment as stable as possible. Having already been with us for 2 years it is most likely that she will live out the remainder of her days under our care.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Feed a Sunny Harbour cat for Christmas ........THIS IS AN AUCTION PLEDGE
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 20:02:03 PM »
It's a tradition with Purrs auctions that alongside the Auction items we do pledges for the cats at the rescue we are supporting.
Each Pledge has it's own thread and if you would like to make a pledge please post a reply with your pledge amount. (any amount is added to the Auction total raised)

This thread is to Feed a Sunny Harbour Cat for Christmas.
Just some of the Gorgeous Furkids at Sunny Harbour are going to tell you their stories and ask you sponsor Christmas dinners for the Furkids at the rescue. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 20:03:35 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat