Author Topic: Meet Lily!  (Read 64837 times)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
Re: Meet Lily!
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2015, 15:28:47 PM »
The top picture is Lily in "full cute" mode, pawing at the air. One of these days I've got to get that on video, as the still photo doesn't do it justice!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2015, 06:56:56 AM »
Those pictures are just adorable.   :Luv:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2015, 03:00:48 AM »
Lily begging for a piece of chicken. She does this even if she just sees a closed hand, just in case I'm holding some food, but actually seeing food keeps her attention longer!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2015, 04:24:32 AM »
And quite a character too! Though, as much as she can be a pest, she's so affectionate, I can't be angry with her, however many times she knocks things over!
I've tried cutting the empty yoghurt pots (I should have thought of that myself) but Lily chases the pieces around the house, getting yoghurt into the rugs, so I think that's something for the warmer weather, when I can put them outside and leave the door open, so I know when she's finished.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #105 on: January 26, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
She is a stunningly beautiful cat, isn't she?   :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #104 on: January 26, 2015, 07:37:55 AM »
That's a good idea Sheila, a better idea would be to get a large bowl and pour some in for her :evillaugh: ;)

Lily is looking really shiny and healthy bless her.  Those pics are lovely :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #103 on: January 25, 2015, 18:46:30 PM »
Dave, slice the carton lengthways before you give it to her she wont get her head caught.  :-:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2015, 14:32:41 PM »
Lily still loves her yoghurt I had to stop giving her the empty pot to lick clean, as she'd get her head stuck and start running backwards. While that was sort of funny, it was also distressing, as she was in a panic, so now I have to give her a spoonful on the lid instead, every time I have some.
Unless, that is, I have one of these. She can get right into it, without it becoming lodged on her head, though she's growing fast, so I don't know how long that'll last.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #101 on: January 21, 2015, 12:17:58 PM »
Lovely pics  :rofl: :rofl:

I wish mine were so easy to feed!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2015, 22:32:14 PM »
time to try her with chilli perhaps :naughty:

There's chillies in the curry. Perhaps I need to use hotter ones!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2015, 22:29:21 PM »
Chilli  :Crazy: ;) Nothing would surprise me  :rofl:

Marmite and butter  :rofl: :rofl: :hug:

I love soft cheese spread and marmite on toasted granary bread - always make an extra slice for Bonnie  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2015, 21:32:55 PM »
time to try her with chilli perhaps :naughty:

Mary, my Tiffany loves marmite - especially smeared on a blob of butter - it's because it's yeasty, I suppose - I have known cats go mad for brewer's yeast tablets

as for plants, I remember coming home to find two window boxes of tulips sporting rows of  bare stems, and no sign of the flowerheads anywhere
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2015, 21:10:26 PM »
It's definitely the plant she's after. I'm not sure what it is, but it's got fern-like leaves, so when she touches one part of the plant, other parts move. Drives her wild!
I'm going to have to disappoint Lily as far as the curry is concerned. It has loads of onion in it, so not safe for cats. I can see some furious fights ahead, or I'll have to eat standing in the middle of the room so she can't reach!  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2015, 21:03:45 PM »
Lovely pics of the fab 3 and the tree.  Gonna have one big happy family very soon if you ask me  :hug:

Trees and beds are always gonna be a big mystery I think for us all.  The amount of times I've thought about taking things to the RSPCA cos she isn't using them is unbelievable. Maybe it's like us wearing the same clothes all the time, we get fed up  :rofl:

Is she after the plant or the butterfly?

I once said to Bonnie "these are marmite crisps and you won't like them" shoving one under her nose and YES, you guessed it, she licked all the flavour off while I sat there like her servant :evillaugh:

Mary

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2015, 20:46:55 PM »
Well so much for one peaceful meal a week. Ever since she arrived, Lily has tried to get food from my plate, except if it's curry.
Yesterday she started mithering me while I was eating my Thai green curry, so I gave her a bit of the sauce on my finger, thinking it would put her off.
Like hell it did, she loved it!
No more peaceful meals for me.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2015, 07:02:11 AM »
 :evillaugh:  The plant put up a fair fight there from the look of things.   ;)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 16:27:04 PM »
 When Bramble won't play, Lily likes to fight with house-plants.

She usually wins, unless I drag her away!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2014, 20:15:31 PM »
It sometimes feels more like a Cold War than "getting along", especially when there's food involved!  :rofl:
I've been really lucky though, and there hasn't been any open hostility, just the occasional game that goes a little too far for Bramble.
Poor old Bramble used to get on Clio's nerves by being too playful, now she's on the receiving end from Lily.
Obviously it was upsetting when Clio went AWOL, and I'd rather she hadn't, but her going and returning when she did probably helped. Lily's arrival might not have gone so well if there had been two settled cats already in the house.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:12 PM »
how lovely that they get along, having taken in a cat how is loathed by one of my own its really good to see

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2014, 01:34:08 AM »
Bramble tried to nick Lily's spot again, but this time Lily gave her no peace. She was only playing, but Bramble soon scarpered!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2014, 21:44:01 PM »
Lily nearly lost her favourite sleeping spot earlier today as Bramble tried it out. Luckily, she didn't seem too keen, and Lily's back there now.

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #88 on: December 25, 2014, 20:20:28 PM »
Clio coming home was the best Christmas present I could have wished for, but this is a nice bonus.She and Lily stayed like this for about half an hour. I don't expect them to ever be best friends - Clio has never been that keen on other cats - but this is encouraging. Not a hiss or a growl to be heard!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #87 on: December 25, 2014, 12:54:51 PM »
Lily, at least, is using the cat tree. The others just use the scratching post part, though I usually find Clio sitting on the top waiting for me when I come downstairs.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2014, 18:05:57 PM »
One very happy Lily - she's a cutie  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2014, 16:27:45 PM »
Great pics Dave, she looks so content  ;D ;D ;D

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2014, 14:44:09 PM »
...and now she's tired herself out. She's so tired, in fact, that she hasn't got the energy to get inside this little mesh "hut", but has plonked herself on top of it!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2014, 14:31:28 PM »
Lily having a mad half hour. There were many more photos in this sequence, but Lily moves so quickly she isn't in them!

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2014, 21:49:08 PM »
 :rofl:
I should probably move the tree.
The reason it's there is that Bramble was very shy of people, even me, so I put the tree next to me to get her a little nearer. It seems to have worked, she still isn't keen on other people, but comes to me often, just not on the tree, so I should probably move it. I'll wait until after the new year, there's been enough change for the time being.
For now, I can enjoy watching Lily playing right next to me.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2014, 21:30:07 PM »
I think you need to buy a remote control holder so the cats can have a bit of THEIR tree back  ;) :rofl:

Mary

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2014, 13:22:54 PM »
I was given some money to buy something for the cats and, as the old cat tree is getting a bit tatty, I thought I'd replace it. I couldn't afford to get one exactly the same, but it turned out the one I got has parts that are interchangeable with the existing one, so I've ended up with one that's better than both.
I thought that Lily might try and commandeer it, and so far I was right, but at least the other two won't be bothered by her while she's using it.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
she is such a pretty girl, if you can have favourites dilute tortis are mine

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2014, 17:36:48 PM »
My internet and landline have been down since Thursday afternoon so I'm just catching up now.

So glad it all went well for her Dave.  She sure likes the telly :hug:

Mary

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2014, 18:24:54 PM »
A damn sight better than the one I took Lily to when I got her checked for a microchip. That one was nearer to me, but spoke to me like crap, and I wasn't sure he'd treat animals any better. I went out of my way to go to a practice I had some confidence in, and I'm very glad I did. I think Lily would agree!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2014, 17:57:01 PM »
Your vet sounds very good  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2014, 13:36:17 PM »
 :evillaugh:  Glad she's doing so well.  She's a stunningly marked girl.   :Luv:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2014, 12:52:31 PM »
It looks like she's a fan of Ed Byrne, but she doesn't like the BBC2 logo!
I remembered to ask some questions at the vet. It was ketamine, among other drugs, but I was surprised to learn that the stitches weren't glued. If the vet ever decides to change careers, he could become a tailor!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2014, 12:41:51 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2014, 12:20:59 PM »
She went for her post op exam today, and no problems. She wasn't too bothered, but she couldn't wait to get home and watch a bit of telly:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »
That is one beautifully coloured tum.  Such a very pretty gal   :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I want to bury my face in that fur and blow raspberries! If I tried that with either of mine I would lose my eyes    :rofl:

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2014, 22:08:05 PM »
Back to the vet tomorrow, just for a post op checkup. If I remember, I'll ask about the stitches and the anaesthetic.

Link to CatChat