Author Topic: Just taken the girls to cattery  (Read 2345 times)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Re: Just taken the girls to cattery
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 20:04:20 PM »
No, you really can't!

I tried my best to put them out of my mind, since worrying wasn't helpful and anyway I knew the cattery would phone if anything was wrong. Still thought about them though.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 17:49:19 PM »
So pleased you had a great time and that the girls were fine (you just cant help worrying, eh?)  :hug:

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 16:25:20 PM »

Welcome back.  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 16:24:09 PM »
Welcome back to reality, fog, rain, wind, cold etc. BUT 2 good things are D&B :Luv2: :hug:

Glad you had a good week.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 11:50:02 AM »
Glad you had a good holiday! I am sure D&B will soon forget about their time in jail with a bit of extra fuss  :Luv:

Luckily my OH isn't fussed on holidays, so we have never had to deal with it. Its only ever me that goes away with friends  :wow:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:39 AM »
I'm back and so are the girls!

Had a lovely week in Lanzarote, very hot and sunny so it's no fun coming back to grey skies and drizzle. The girls seem fine and have been extra affectionate. When we got them home last night, Bass kept wandering around the house yelling, possibly just saying she was pleased to be home, I'm not sure Today Drum has been luxuriating on the duvet.

There were lots of cats in Lanzarote, all working the local restaurants, and there were three who lived at our apartment complex, all seemed very healthy and well cared for. There seems to be an efficient trap, neuter, release system there too, judging by the number of missing ear tips I saw.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2014, 16:52:16 PM »
My girls were really unsettled when we went away recently, our neighbour came in to look after them and the hated brother went to a cattery but I came home to wee's on the spare bed.

Sounds as if the neighbour isn't litter trained yet!  :rofl:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 15:41:32 PM »
My girls were really unsettled when we went away recently, our neighbour came in to look after them and the hated brother went to a cattery but I came home to wee's on the spare bed.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 15:21:25 PM »
So long as you've got Dreamies for them when you come back you will be ok  ;)

Where you going?  Have fun and try not to worry about them. 

Mind you, I'm one to talk, when I go to York every December for 2 night's B&B I always wonder if she's ok without me to cuddle up to in bed.  She stays at home and my friend who only lives a few doors away comes and feeds her and play with her etc.  I leave the fire on for her and Joyce puts the heating on for he if it's really cold.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline hollycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Astrophe and Zoonie the Lazoon
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 10:28:29 AM »

Have a nice time on your hols ..............and you Jezebel ;D

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 20:41:41 PM »
I do know what you mean. I love going away but I hate leaving the cats behind!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
Just taken the girls to cattery
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 17:13:02 PM »
And I'm missing them already. :(

They were relatively relaxed - hardly meowed in the car on the way, which isn't like them at all, and when we got there they were really curious about everything. I used a calming spray (that I bought in last year's Purrs auction)  in their carriers so I'm wondering if it was that.

This is the longest they'll have been away from us since we got them - not sure who's going to miss who the most!

Link to CatChat