Author Topic: Off on holiday  (Read 1240 times)

Offline mollycat

• Adult Cat
Re: Off on holiday
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 13:08:43 PM »
Thank you all. Hopefully the promise of some nice French wine off our holiday will be sufficient payback for dealing with the litter tray. Just feel so guilty shutting him in but will only worry all holiday if he's going out.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 16:22:16 PM »
Yes that's true Gill. Mine are indoor and when I had outdoor cats with cat flap I never really had a problem getting someone to feed them and check on them. Now I have to think twice because of the cat litter situation.   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 15:54:05 PM »
I think I would lock cat flap too but the neighbour must be able to get in without him bolting when she does.

Also has to be prepared to do mulo[ly litter trays, water and food.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 14:17:59 PM »
no I lock in too!

Offline mollycat

• Adult Cat
Off on holiday
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
Hi all,
So once again thoughts of my annual holiday are being spoilt by worrying about Bert. He has a cat flap but doesn't go further than next door's garden, although he's outside a lot whilst the weather's nice. He's a nervy thing and definitely better off at home. I always lock him in at night so my neighbour will need to come twice a day to open and close the cat flap as well as feed him. I suppose I'm just worried that he'll go wandering if we're not here and I'm debating if I should just lock him in for the week. Am I being paranoid?

Thanks.

Link to CatChat