Author Topic: Weekend away?  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Weekend away?
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 16:02:39 PM »
If she has been there before with no mprobs I would take her with you

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 13:33:07 PM »
Hiya,

Millie is a good traveller and has been but I might look into a cat sitter in my area, thanks :)
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 13:28:56 PM »
I would suggest a cattery or catsitter some cats do not like travelling - I know we moved our then 37 and it was horrendous and we had pointing issues and not using a grit box issues as some don't like change or being away from home

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline kymberleyc

• Adult Cat
  • My beautiful girl is my world :)
  • Slave to: Millie Rose
Weekend away?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 09:57:22 AM »
Coooie everyone :)

Just another question about travelling with cats!

My sister (17) has some serious social/mental issues. As a result of that my mum and dad have never gone away on a weekend or anything. But my mums best friend has moved to the other end of the country and my mum wants to visit and catch up etc

Anyway....

My mums asked me if I can go to her house and stay with her but I'm not sure about leaving Millie? I'd just be sad without her and I miss her soooo much. I know Millie doesn't eat when I'm not here as I went away for my hen weekend and that what's what happened. We would be there from fri-mon. But I'm off (term time job!!) so could go earlier in the week if it settles Millie better I would. It's vital that we are there at night as my sisters afraid of the dark and of sleeping in general really (and needs to be reminded to take her tablets which is at night!). I initially thought of going in the day and coming home at night but it won't be possible. Millie does come with us to my mums at Christmas for a week-10 days and settles well and so quickly. So proud of her! She did live there though for 8 years of her life! My mum lives about 10 mins away. I don't really want to just pop in on Millie as I won't be able to leave her?! Oh I'm debating pros and cons in my head!!

Thanks on advance, really appreciate any advice on this :)

Xxxx
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 09:59:58 AM by kymberleyc »
Mummy to Millie xoxox

Link to CatChat