Author Topic: Joey has become depressed!  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Joey has become depressed!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 01:52:22 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 20:17:08 PM »
Joey is still recovering from the horrible bite. he is still limping and the cream I am putting on twice a day ( fuciderm) is supposed to be anti inflammatory.I bought one of  comfy collars but is too small! He is used to the plastic collar as much as possible, and i am taking it off for an hour or so each day so he can have a wash, walk around the garden. Vet says that it can take up to 14 days to resolve itself so I may have to make another appointment next week. i hope it gets sorted out soon!! :(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 20:30:38 PM »
Hope Joey is all better now

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 14:40:57 PM »
Joey is on  Fuciderm, the wound looks  a lot better already, but he is still walking stiffly but does not appear to be in any pain. he lets me touch his leg. I am tempted to take the collar off tomorrow to see how he gets on, but if his leg is still stiff i will nhave to take him back to the vets again. Does anyone know how long Fuciderm takes to take effect? He started it on Saturday

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
Poor Joey, it's so heart breaking when they look really sad and we feel helpless.

Totally agree with Liz as Bonnie had to wear one that he got from the vet last year.  It's much smaller than the cones and I'm sure he'll be happier.

My vet also tried Bonnie with a little jacket when she had a sore on her back that she didn't want her to lick.

Good luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 15:52:44 PM »
Poor Joey, I hope he feels happier soon!

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 08:54:04 AM »
This looks great! Just ordered one. Thanks ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 23:37:25 PM »
This is what you need to invest inthe cat can eat, jump and play but not get to the wound - a couple of my cats have worn them for long periods after major surgery and they are an investment should they decide to be accident prone in the future

http://www.comfycollars.co.uk/shop/
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
Joey has become depressed!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 19:12:09 PM »
Had to take Joey to the vet today as a wound on his leg after a fight has not been healing as he keeps licking at it. so has had a collar put on to stop him from doing so. He has become depressed ,won't eat and is sleeping in the wardrobe! Will he get over it? Vet said to keep collar on for about a week but I don't think I can bear it!

Link to CatChat