Author Topic: Help! Advice needed asap please  (Read 1506 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Help! Advice needed asap please
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
Am wondering if it's partly poo and partly hairball?  Our Groucho had one once.  Not a pretty sight  :sick:

Think that's what plugged up Boris last year too and stopped him eating for almost a week.  Poor lad, he was very down and we had him at vets being doused with all the unblocking stuff.  Thankfully he produced something that looked like furry poo the day before he was going to be knocked out for a full enema.

Hoping your boy is now back to normal  :care:

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »
Thanks for you advice guys :D

We've had a movement in his tray last night. It looks pretty hard so I think he's a little dehydrated / constipated.

Gave him some fish which he ate a fair amount of. Syringed some water down too. He's very easily distracted by outside so maybe this weather has got to him and he's not drank enough.

Will be keeping a close eye on him and if he's still struggling we'll go the vets x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:09:50 AM »
If he'll let you, you could apply some vaseline and try again.  Poor little guy.  If that doesnt work, as Gill has suggested, a call to your local vet may yield an alternative suggestion of things to try without necessarily having to take him in. 

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 22:13:34 PM »
you could try giving him some cod liver oil, 1/2 teaspoon liquid paraffin or crumble 1/2 senokot into his food, that should help it on its way :(.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 22:06:47 PM »
If you really cant move it without hurting him. speak to a vet

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Help! Advice needed asap please
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 20:40:57 PM »
My cat has been off his food for a couple of days. Put it down to the heat.

He's had a couple of hairballs- big ones about a week ago but thought it was done with as I had been using a hairball paste in his meals.

His bowls are normally like clock work but he didn't go for 24 hours till last night. My bf cleaned it out the tray and said it looked hard.

I've been worried about it so when I heard him digging in his tray I went into the room and told him he was a good boy. He was doing the silly little wiggle he does when passing stools. When he finished there was nothing there.

I've now notice a huge poo stuck half in half out and covered in hair. I tried wetting the area do it might be easier but to no avail.

Any advice?

Not what I want to be doing on a Friday!

Link to CatChat