Author Topic: My Cat is eating grass?  (Read 2445 times)

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
Re: My Cat is eating grass?
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »
Grass eating is good, I have indoor cats and grow them grass to chew on. Iz has a little munch on it before every meal like an aperitif!

Furball season is well and truly under way, despite brushing my two every evening I am still finding occasional piles of fluff, grass and goo,
usually on the carpet despite having mostly hard floors... cheers guys!

Last year Cashie got quite ill with them bless him, he lost alot of weight.

Which do you think is worse, standing in cat vomit in your bare feet or standing in it wearing your socks?

X
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 13:00:16 PM by jo.austin2010 »

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 20:14:17 PM »
Cleo started retching the other day. I grabbed her and Mr S grabbed an empty wastepaper bin over which I tried to hold Cleo. She gave a final, huge heave and out flew a furball, right into an empty cereal bowl that we had left on the bed  :sick:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 20:16:16 PM by Slugsta, Reason: edit »

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 17:51:33 PM »
The amount of times I found these cold slimy deposits with my bare feet in the dark,
just once, I would love a photo taken of my facial expression as I hobble along to the bathroom walking on the heel of my foot  :sick: :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 17:51:58 PM by Stuart »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 15:43:48 PM »
cats do eat grass, usually to help them bring up fur balls which they can't pass otherwise

Oh good, nothing to worry about then! Thank you :)

Just be aware that grass based cat puke is the slipperiest substance known to man and can be practically invisible, like the organic version of black ice it generally appears in the night, silently, and waits for your unsuspecting and unshod foot at 3am when you were just on your way somewhere urgently.  :shify: :rofl:

And if its got a furball or food with it your unshod foot gets covered with gunge which has you trying to walk on one foot to get a kitchen towel or something.....................in the dark of course!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 13:49:16 PM »
cats do eat grass, usually to help them bring up fur balls which they can't pass otherwise

Just be aware that grass based cat puke is the slipperiest substance known to man and can be practically invisible, like the organic version of black ice it generally appears in the night, silently, and waits for your unsuspecting and unshod foot at 3am when you were just on your way somewhere urgently.  :shify: :rofl:

Offline jsmith

• Kitten
  • Slave to: percy
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 11:37:39 AM »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 11:33:10 AM »

Offline jsmith

• Kitten
  • Slave to: percy
My Cat is eating grass?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:20:53 AM »
Hi guys,

Nothing to worry about! I have noticed my cat seems to be eating a lot of grass (well trying to eat the long strands) out of my garden! Is there any reason for this? I know dogs do it when they want to be sick but my cat is fine and is not acting any differently? :)

Link to CatChat