Author Topic: Male Turkish Van  (Read 7120 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Male Turkish Van (Rehomed)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 07:17:41 AM »
Great news, thanks for updating, I will move this to sorted now
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:15:11 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Male Turkish Van
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 20:39:56 PM »
Thanks for letting us know the good news  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 18:04:42 PM »
Thats great news and thanks for letting us know  ;D

Offline rajusmum

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Raju and Laksmi
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 16:39:07 PM »
Good News.!  I found him a very loving home with a friend in Liverpool.  He's doing well, very happy and being adored.  Thanks so much for all the helpful ideas from other forum members.. :Luv: :thanks:

Offline rajusmum

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 14:55:39 PM »
That's a good idea, thanks.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2014, 00:57:00 AM »
I think he needs to go on the lists of as many rescues you can find so they can put him on their websites for direct rehoming from you

Offline rajusmum

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2014, 00:08:25 AM »
I just thought I'd put a better picture up of the little fella. He's so adorable and still looking for a loving home.x

Offline rajusmum

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 23:01:53 PM »
Yes he's definitely a stray, the man who he belonged to has been sectioned, and someone else has moved into his house, so he's not coming back. I really want to find this cat a home before the weather turns cold. I can't have him in my house too often as he's really starting to upset my two cats. There must be someone out there who would love him, he's not a full Turkish van as he's got two green eyes as opposed to one green and one orange, but he has all the markings.
He's such a cuddly chap and he'd make someone a wonderful companion, he just wants to be loved..!  :Luv2:
I've named him Hussein after a boy I went to uni with, as he too was totally obsessed with his willy.. :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 15:41:12 PM »
I think its known he is now a stray!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 15:25:48 PM »
What a terribly sad tale. Poor boy. Thank goodness for folk like you stepping up to help out, eh?

There is some seriously good ideas on the Purrs "what to do if you find a cat" section that JaneyK posted the link for, this echoes the advice from most of the National Rescues re paper collars, checking local vet lists for lost cats etc. but I've found that local awareness is key to reducing unwanted pets.

Could you link up with your local rescue organisation and organise a leaflet drop perhaps? If one of them have reduced rate neutering, vaccinations, microchipping events any of these might trigger even a drug addled brain into realising there are alternatives to simply dumping or abandoning their charges. :(

Good luck with the Van, have you thought of a name yet? I'd be thinking Diesel myself   :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 09:44:55 AM »
funny susanne I thought that!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 08:26:00 AM »

It's so sad.  there's a lot of that goes on round our way too.  One of my friends is forever taking in abandoned pets which alcoholics or drug addicts have neglected and left behind.  In fact Moray was left in a flat for almost a week without food or water - him and his sister.  His owner was an alcoholic who just went off on a bender.  If it hadnt been for her parents realising about the cats, and handing them into a rescue they could have been a lot worse off in the end. 

Offline rajusmum

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 00:38:14 AM »
He's two'ish. He used to belong to an alcoholic man who lived at the top of our street, who has since been sectioned. He'd run away before the man was sectioned as he was not being cared for.
It's quite rough round here, so we get a lot of this type of thing happening. Or people just come and go and leave their pets behind. Just last week a couple moved out of a house two doors up and left the dog locked in. Both of them have substance abuse issues, it's just lucky that some of us are looking out for the animals.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 18:55:46 PM »
Have you any idea how old he is?   He is lovely.  Shame he's used to going outside otherwise I might have known a possible home ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Male Turkish Van (Rehomed)
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »
Hi, it's good of you to care for this puss.  Firstly, have you checked the "found cat" advice to determine whether he has a home:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,31636.0.html

If so, you could contact rescues to see if they can help rehome him. Here's a list of pedigree rescues:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/pedigree.html

if you scroll down there's a Turkish Van contact you could try them for advice.

Other rescues in your area:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/lancs.html

It's a good idea to go through a rescue so that proper checks are done and the right home found.  Most rescues will be full now as it's kitten season but you could ask the rescue if they will do a direct rehoming, i.e. they source the home whilst the cat is with you, if that's possible.

Best of luck!

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:17:27 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline rajusmum

• Kitten
Male Turkish Van
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 12:44:28 PM »
Hi All,
I've got a male (un-neutered) Turkish Van, who's without a home. He's come off the street (stray) and moved in with me. I'm going to try to get him to a vet to be neutered if I can find the time. I have to tell you, he's absolutely adorable. He's really friendly, loves nothing more than a cuddle on the sofa, and a good belly rub, he really is a real charmer and a bit of a rouge. I love him to bits and would keep him myself,but my two furry pals guard me very jealously, and I'm afraid he might drive them out.
He really deserves to have a loving forever home, where he's appreciated and looked after, it's such a shame to see such a beautiful cat living by his whits. I'm based in the North Manchester area, anyone who can help??
Ps, he looks a bit scruffy in the picture, but since he's been coming here he's smartened himself up a bit.x 

Link to CatChat