Author Topic: Can anyone advise?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Can anyone advise?
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2014, 15:29:47 PM »
I agree - take things slowly and allow yourself to mourn her passing as it takes time before happy thoughts replace the sadness.  I lost my 17 year old boy only 3 weeks ago and it is still very raw.  I have bought a rose bush today to plant in his memory.  I still have all his things around including his special food and medication and it is both upsetting and reassuring to have them around.  I'm not ready to put them all away yet. 

Oggy was very special girl so take your time to grieve and gradually the happy memories will replace the sad ones  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 13:46:13 PM »
Be gentle with yourself, and take time to adjust to life without Oggy.   :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »
when I lost my beloved Tum Tum I left her bed by the stove, where she loved the warmth, for many weeks - it was a comfort to be able to remember her there, but gradually I was able to imagine another cat curled up in it, and it helped me to know when the time had come to bring another cat into my house and heart :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 23:21:24 PM »
Dont try to clear up Oggys things too quick, maybe keep some for memories  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline oggysmum

• Kitten
  • Slave to: oggy
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 21:06:13 PM »
I cannot thank everyone enough for all the kind thoughts you have expressed to me & my little Oggy Pie. I have flooded the house with tears and I know the only solace comes with time. I had 17 wonderful years with my girl & hopefully soon I will be able to put these last weeks to rest & I'll remember all the good, funny times & her little personality quirks & remember her with smiles. She was a devoted companion & her life was complete when she could simply cuddle up on the sofa with us. It's very quiet without her and that's hard, but tonight we took her little garden house to my daughter for het Bailey boy & he loves it & that's made me smile to know he can do what Oggy did for years, lie warm & snug surveying her garden like a queen , my house is full of Oggy stuff & probably will take me a while to be up to changing that. You have all been so kind & I want to say thank you all from me & from my tortie girl who I pray is lying in a grassy field enjoying endless sun & chattering at the pesky birds . Thank you all.
Anne Marie.
Anne Marie

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 20:25:49 PM »
Sue, thank you for the message  :(

Anne Marie this is the hardest day for you, I'm so very sorry.  :hug: :hug:

RIP Oggy, go play free and easy at the Bridge dearest girl.  :candle:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 18:52:04 PM »
Sadly, Anne Marie had to let Oggy go when the battle became too much for her.   

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 00:11:08 AM »
I am so sorry that Oggie is so ill, please do not force feed as it will be very disressing for all.

Try and enjoy every minute left with Oggy.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 16:13:18 PM »
Anne Marie and Oggy  :hug: The hardest decision we have to make is to help our darling furbabies to cross the bridge, but it is the last, loving thing we can do for them when the time comes  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
Some Complivet from the vets may help the eating oone pump of the stuff equals a full days calories for a 4kg cat one of my youngsters is on it she gets 2 pumps a day with human tuna pate and loves the stuff

One of my oldies is on it as well and get his with cornbeef as that his human treat both have maintained weight in fact Kali kitten has put on nearly 2 kgs although she does eat normal food as well she is 2 but has something going on and despite exhaustive tests nothing shows up so she get this stuff has been a godsend with my Calichi boy as well
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 11:38:03 AM »

Oh Anne Marie, am so sorry the prognosis isn't better. 

So know where you're coming from Dawn - doesnt matter what their age or problems, it's so difficult to let them go.  When Paddy was declining in his last year, I'd hoped I'd know when the time was right.  I realised only when it was too late that I should have let him go around 6 months earlier.  I'd see him rally, and think:  "oh we have time left yet...."

My heart goes out to you, Anne Marie.  You and your beautiful Oggy.   :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2014, 11:33:02 AM »
oh that is such sad news, I lost a very much loved cat a few weeks ago after months of illness so can totally empathise we were spoon feeding amber but had I known how ill she was I definately would not have carried on as long as I did - huge hugs to you whatever you decide is best

Offline oggysmum

• Kitten
vet visif
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2014, 11:19:54 AM »
Hi, Oggy isn't doing well. Saw her vet yesterday morning & the FLD has progressed into Hepatic Encephalopathy. This means the jaundice is rampant in her little body & has got to her brain via her blood stream. She's struggling to keep her balance & het back legs just aren't working so well. I knew this was a terrible possibility before we saw the vet, just prayed I was wrong as I didn't want it to be this, but wishes don't always come true do they. She spent till evening in vets on a drip & was given corticosteroid injections & antibiotics. Nut our vet & another he brought in to consult told me this is really last chance, there's nothing else can be done. Vet says despite the risks with steroids Oggy has nothing to lose, he told me give it 24/48 hours but if no change or she worsens, it's time. I'm devastated & heartbroken but I don't want her to suffer or her last bit of time at home to be needles & force feeding which both vets say not to do now. My partner is finding it difficult to accept & despite vets advice wants to force feed her. I don't think at this stage it's fair to distress her , I'm torn. I'm hoping for a miracle. Thank you everyone for thinking of my Oggy pie, she's fought hard she deserves s miracle.
Anne Marie
Anne Marie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 01:07:38 AM »
How did the vet visit go?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 06:46:43 AM »

Popping by to wish you every good thought for today's visit.   :hug:

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 22:13:34 PM »
sorry but I have no experience of this either, hopefully your vet can prescribe some treatment and advice for you.

keep us informed as how things go  :hug:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 18:55:30 PM »
Sorry cant advise but hopefully your vet will advise and sending best wishes for the vet visit  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 18:10:49 PM »
Can understand your concerns Anne Marie, and some of the symptoms do sound as if they could have their origins in renal problems orlatter stage failure.  At 17 She is bound to be more susceptible to ups and downs from day to day.  You will hopefully know more when you see the vet tomorrow, but sending you a hug in lieu of anything practical to suggest.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 16:05:59 PM »
I'm sorry, I'm not able to offer any advice other than to discuss this with your vet. It must be such a worrying time for you  :hug:

Offline oggysmum

• Kitten
Can anyone advise?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 15:35:48 PM »
My cat has Hepatic Lipidosus (Fatty Liver Disease). She is nearly 17 & has been diagnosed 3 weeks ago when I saw our vet as I was worried she was eating so little. She's late stage, jaundiced & no energy and is on Destolit for the liver. She has been on a drip 3 times to try flush her liver & she did pick up a bit  at the end of last week , eating small feeds herself & a bit brighter too, but she was very sick through the night on Saturday & has been sick daily since , this morning she was very sick, large volume even though she's eating so little.Also the past two days shes drinking more water & using her tray more, infact she flooded it last night & her urine which for weeks has been radioactive orange due to the jaundice was almost clear. I'm very concerned this may be renal related as her little bodys coping with so much just now. She's terribly lethargic and seems to be having some trouble using her back legs, very shaky & unstable. I am worried sick & any insight would be appreciated. She sees the vet tomorrow for her bloods.
Anne Marie

Link to CatChat