Author Topic: Hi ya everyone  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Hi ya everyone
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 17:45:16 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: I am sorry that you are here in such sad circumstances, this is one place where it is safe to tell us how you feel about Misty, we all understand what it is to lose a beloved companion  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 13:06:00 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

So sorry for you loss  :hug:  If you are looking for a shelter near you why not check out the list on catchat:  http://catchat.org/

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline paddyman

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 12:45:51 PM »
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, it all helps :) :) :) Slowly coming to terms with it and think there will be a visit to the cat shelter in a week or two, just have to find one as the local one where I got Misty has since closed.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 09:59:35 AM »
 :welcome: to the forum, what a sad time you are having, I'm very sorry to read about poor Misty.   :( I wonder if she could have picked up some poison from a rat or mouse, farm cats can often become victims of pest control.
Cats do pass on with their eyes open, this isn't a symptom of anything specific, the damp paw may have been the bigger cat tasting her if she was already lying on the floor when he entered, it certainly doesn't sound as if she fought with him. 
It may be you never uncover the cause of her death, and that won't help you to come to terms with her death, but it does sound as though her passing was peaceful.

Yes, we are all big softies on here, so don't be concerned about wearing your heart on this particular sleeve.  :hug:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 06:19:16 AM »
 :welcome:  to Purrs. I am so sorry to hear about Misty, it's awful when they are taken so suddenly  :hug: Whatever caused her death it would seem it was a peaceful one  :hug:

Offline paddyman

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 01:37:43 AM »
Hi, thanks for the responses :) Im slowly coming round but its difficult as even the simple things around the house im expecting her to jump up for a cuddle. I forgot to mention that she was only around 5 years old, spayed before I got her, showed no signs of anything unusual and I had been talking/playing & petting with her just a few hours earlier that same evening. I found her laying on her side on the shed floor where I had fed her the evening before, its an open shed, the door is never closed and she had no blood on her or any tufts of hair pulled out or anything else obviously wrong, her eyes were still open, mouth empty, and a front paw was damp as tho she had been cleaning herself when she died. The only thing I could find was on the security camera footage was that she had entered the shed at 11.18 and at 11.28 a large unknown cat entered also, the unknown cat left at 11.35 and my Misty never left the shed again, but if the bigger cat had fought and killed her I would have been expecting blood or fur loss?? Other cats have been around before but only the odd fight happened, nothing much, I live in a rural area on a small farm and due to the work I do from home there is 24hr recording all around incase any customers items go missing, my cat could go in and out of the house as she wished, she usually sat on whatever vehicle I was repairing and watched me working through the day if the weather was warm. Strangely, since she died on Tuesday night I haven't seen a single other cat around the place? Oh and im glad to hear im not the only big softy on the forum :) :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:39:09 AM by paddyman »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 23:06:47 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and so sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 20:36:11 PM »
Hello Paddyman - welcome to Purrs.   :welcome:

Am so sorry that you've found us under such sad circumstances, - I think we can all understand how Misty's death will have left a huge void in your life.  It's hard enough, but know what you mean that blokes often have a harder time being able to talk about the loss of a cat.  We have other soft blokes on here too, and we love each and every one of them.   ;) :hug: :hug:

How old was Misty?  Had she shown any symptoms of age or illness prior to losing her?  Trying to work out what may have happened can be something of a jigsaw puzzle, trying to fit pieces of information together, and not easy to do when the grief is still raw. 

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 19:19:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum Paddyman. I'm really sorry to hear about Misty. It's such a difficult time when you lose one of your family. Especially when it's a shock. I found my old cat dead and we never found out what caused it but whatever age or circumstances it's very hard to come to terms with. How old was Misty?

Everyone on this forum is cat crazy and most of us have lost one or two so we all feel for you.

Best wishes :hug:

Offline paddyman

• Kitten
Hi ya everyone
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 18:00:01 PM »
Hello all, just joined and it will take a while to find my way around the forum before I do much participating. Just lost my faithful black cat (Misty) a few days ago and missing her company like crazy, to make it worse im a 39yo man but im a big softy. She seems to have died cleaning herself after evening feeding, cant understand it, but im here to learn why and to try and prevent it ever happening to the next one I eventually find. Or more accurately, when one finds me, like the last one did when I went to the shelter 5 years ago

Link to CatChat