Author Topic: Is there a safe way to remove oil from a cat's fur?  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Is there a safe way to remove oil from a cat's fur?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:55:05 AM »
Thank you Gill, I'll try that when he's in a relaxed mood.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Is there a safe way to remove oil from a cat's fur?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 23:59:06 PM »
Yes its sugar!

Put a spoon of sugar on your hand a then add some water and rub on the patch, dont dissolve the sugar on your hand.

Then wash off the fur with a cloth and if its oil it should come off...........if only some comes off repeat.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Is there a safe way to remove oil from a cat's fur?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 22:39:03 PM »
Cyd came in the other evening with a black mark on the back of his neck. The smell makes me think that it's oil. I tried to remove it with a new J cloth and warm water, but this had no effect (Cyd liked the fuss, though, he's getting really affectionate). It spread the mark about a bit, but didn't get any off.

I considered using washing up liquid, but remembered reading that it was toxic to cats, so I left it and he still has a black mark on his fur.

Is there anything safe for cats which I can use. Something easy to obtain would be great. Thanks.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Link to CatChat