Author Topic: PAW PRINTS ACROSS MY HEART  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: PAW PRINTS ACROSS MY HEART
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2014, 00:50:57 AM »
Thank you for reformatting the post, the pics are gorgeous and so pleased the cats have helped you through the dark times as you have helped them  :hug: :hug:

There are ways of making pics on your pc smaller but dont know if you could read them. if some one could help I reckomend Irfan View, its free download

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 00:41:53 AM »
Bless you for taking in troubled cats, I am sure many people on here can relate. Although sometimes it takes a lot of time and patience the rewards at the end of the day are worth it
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Mariposaminx

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Mocha Choca Latte & Minnie
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2014, 20:48:12 PM »
Very much so just wish could put up the other pictures but sadly every one is too big sadly but he has huge fan base on Facebook made it into book of 25 most beautiful cats only UK winner were over 10,000 entered it money from books went to a feral rescue in USA think we did same a calendar asked £2 to enter and then we got money from entries and the money raised from selling it Mocha is popular a one in a million colour so using it and interest in him and his story to raise the awareness of feral's that can be re homed and the shy cats in rescues I wish you could see his better photos if you look up Fourpaws cat rescue oxford and read Sidney's story they are an amazing cat rescue ran by two amazing ladies and few of us volunteers Marilyn runs Cattery's but Julie works full time and runs rescue drives all cats to vets collects and has 17 of her own including Sidney am sure once you see their site you will see why I want to help them

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2014, 20:34:52 PM »
Thank you to Mari and Emma for re-formatting the original post  ;D  Paradoxically, people with visual impairments using assistive devices can often have problems with upper case text - a situation where one size does not fit all!

It sounds as if you are a loving 'servant' to your kitties Mari

Offline Mariposaminx

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2014, 20:17:19 PM »
You can read it now as got it re done as asked so in normal size and paragraphs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 18:16:15 PM »
Sorry I cant read your post and apologize if I was rude at all cos wasnt meant  :hug: :hug:

Offline Mariposaminx

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 22:42:14 PM »
Thank you all Emma has just read them to me before she left was very touched thank you and great to know there are lots more shy cat lovers as I say be a cure not a cause so thank you to all the "Cure cat people" Xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 22:15:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Marie-Claire

Sounds like your life has been touched by some very special cats, and their lives touched by you too  :)

Don't worry about the capitals, keep posting whichever way is easiest for you  :hug:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 21:54:55 PM »
Thank you Marie-Claire for telling us the story of your feline friends.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 21:50:27 PM »
Hi Marie-Claire and  :welcome:  to Purrs  :)

Thank you for sharing your story, it is wonderful, as are your cats  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I agree with you about the shy ones, when I last went to adopt cats from rescue I intended to get two adult cats, but when I saw Algie, a 12 week old kitten, hiding in his bed he stole my heart. He is still a shy boy, but is the happiest cat I have owned and I love him dearly as of course I do my other cat Noodle.

I hope you will enjoy being a member of the forum.

Offline Mariposaminx

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 19:26:40 PM »
Am disabled and I have a special computer so it just types sadly it does not like me saying lower case my friends is typing this as she is here to reply as she read the replays to me so sorry it's too long sorry it's in bold but that's due to my disability again sorry.
Also she has had to read this to me as I can't see text at all

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 17:07:00 PM »
Hello and  :welcome:

I'm afraid I agree with Gill, I cannot read such a long, solid block of text, especially all in uppercase (on the internet that is considered to be 'shouting').

If you could reformat this, with some paragraph breaks etc, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to read it.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 15:16:01 PM »
Sorry cant read this....................please do not type in uppercase

Offline Mariposaminx

• Kitten
PAW PRINTS ACROSS MY HEART
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 18:29:04 PM »
Paw prints across my heart a
******A feral's story paw prints across my heart*****
Am sharing an inspiring kitty and how I rescued him and healed him and how how his big Maine Coon paws will for ever leave their mark on my heart not sure how I wrote as just writing this has me in tears that's why this is why I called it paw prints across my heart as they will be across my heart foreverI had just lost my kitty Merlin who I had rescued from a very bad pet shop he was given to me and she knew he had ring worm but we got through it his life may of been cut short due to a boy racer who hit him on purpose in front of me he may of only been 1year old but that was a year filled with love
It was about two weeks later when I got a pull to go to the local cat rescue that I foster & am a fundraiser for went to each pen but not one of those beautiful cats I felt connected too the lady from the rescue came over & asked me to follow her to see the special cats that were kept suppurate as they had a very traumatic start in life these are the kittens I normally foster and work with.As I am a healer I know many will laugh or think its daft so I followed her to her spare room where they were & as I walked in I sat in front of the pen this little grey tabby hurled herself at the side of the pen.
So as she was let out she went nuts & was all over me rubbing her head over my face then she just curled up on my shoulder said think I have been chosen asked her story was dumped in a bag saying am ugly please get rid of me she had such a bad start she is so stunted  she is 7yrs this year & still wears a kitten collar so is only the size of the of a very small 2year old cat so as I was sat there filling in paper work I looked up & there were these two huge eyes looking at me from the very back of the pen so wide so scared I asked about him he was found while they were doing a feral trap neuter & return they think his mum got spooked & she left him in a bin where he was found by one of the cat rescue ladies
I had fostered a feral once & never again she said he is not nasty just petrified .
My head was saying No as already had Shania at home & also now Minnie but I couldn't ignore my heart so I said will adopt him so I came home with Minervia or Minnie her short name & the Mocha Choca Latte or Mocha for short once home Minnie was soon taught who was in charge by Shania she then took Minnie under her paw but Mocha bolted for the back of the pen each time I went near Minnie was out so loving & playful & would normally end up falling asleep in the hood of my jacket but Mocha would never come close I only knew he was ok as after I left would hear him come out & eat but I know a lot would of given up but I just used to sit there & talk to him send healing but Mocha needed more he needed healing & lots of time & love but after losing two cats in the space of two years first Simba he survived being hit by a car lost a leg then 6 months later I lost him to cancer then a year later I lost Merlin I soon realised that I needed healing just as much as Mocha but at this time it was Mocha who needed healing i had to to be patient as he needed me.
Then one night I felt a weight on the bed I knew Minnie & Shania were curled up in their cat bed at the end of my bed then as I opened my eyes there walking very gingerly up my chest was Mocha then again I saw those big eyes but this time there was no fear just love no words can explain that feeling as I knew Mocha trusted me he spent the night asleep on my chest which is where he is mow & Minnie is in her favourite bed as you can see there is no mention of Shania as sadly  on the 8th of August 2012 aged. 14 she crossed the rainbow bridge she was a rescue dumped on my doorstep as everyone knows me as cat lady but I found her just a week after my mum suddenly died & I was so lost & in a very dark place she was my light she saved me as she needed a lot of care as was taken from her mum too early so our bond was very strong so as time passed I was still in a dark place & she knew it she would curl up push her head into mine I would feel her purr go right through me & she brought me back & helped me to see not just see the light but to love again.
After Shania passed that darkness came back I would just lay down & cry then Mocha jumped up & just sat beside me looking at me before this he was never a lap cat just the reverse till that day he curled up & just pushed his way against my body as if to say I am her mum & curled up with loud purr but he knew that I was the one that needed healing this time & just as Shania pulled me from a dark place Mocha did the same as if Shania was helping me through Mocha I know lots will laugh at that but that why I have called this a story about how paw prints are left across our hearts in so many ways am also hoping that anyone who reads this will be inspired to not walk past that cage that says "shy cat" or "nervous cat" they are that way sadly a lot of the times due to human abuse or neglect so if I had been put off by the word "feral" & "scared" I would of never adopted Mocha so if you see that cat at a rescue ask them its story as we as humans can be the cause but we can also be the cure so please go out & be the cures not the cause.love from Marie-Clare Minnie & Mocha (have put a picture of kitty's from story Shania is first then Minnie then Mocha sadly the great pictures of mocha are too large to post so sadly it's not a great photo of him)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 21:07:45 PM by Mariposaminx, Reason: He am Emma read your comments to mc even if enlarges font due to an effect of a Disabilty she finds small words hard to read so if she does not reply to post you put it maybe due to not being able to read it if her eyes are bad »

Link to CatChat