Author Topic: Hi  (Read 4296 times)

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Hi
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:34:28 AM »
Hi,  :welcome: to Purrs  :) So sorry to hear about your losses  :hug: :hug: :hug: I have no experience of FIP, but do have a cat that suffered from terrible stomatitis and know how distressing it can be  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 02:13:38 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

FIP is a terrible thing and am so sorry for your losses  :hug: :hug:

I dont know what stomatitis is  but word is familiar.

I am Gill with a birman interest, had two beautiful brothers a seal point called Napoleon and a blue point called Ducha .....Dooka....... and sadly lost them both just over a year apart one nearly 18 and the other two days after his 19th birthday and both have left an unfullable hole in my heart.

I now have a 3yr old seal point birman called Lupin and he is a terroist and loopy as can be! He attacks one of my giant moggys and makes the semi feral one meep and raise a paw which is not good for him!

I would love to see pics of your birmans, totally addicted to them  ;D ;D ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 00:02:46 AM »
Kitty chat is plenty on here - different sections and even one for our cats to chat on with no slaves around ;)

We might all have different cats but we are all crazy and madly in love with them.

This is my Bonnie, I got her from the RSPCA just over 5 years ago, she's 15 now.  She had her tail removed and was really ill and the RSPCA took her off her previous owners.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Furry children

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Basil & Theo
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 22:04:23 PM »
Thank you Mary Liz and Sam for your lovely posts, looking forward to lots of kitty chat on here, sorry to hear about the mum and her kittens, fingers crossed for a cure for FIP in the future :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 21:47:11 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

I'm so sorry for your losses ... it sounds like you really have been through the mill  :hug:

Basil & Theo are beautiful  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 21:46:00 PM »
 :welcome: to the forum

I am the Clan cats human carer my lot are made up of domestics, an awful lot of ferals from nasty to nice and my Pedigrees my NFC Star,  my 2 rescue ragdolls Minmin and Casper and my Brown marbled Bengal rescue Pyper and her 2 surviving kittens Quaver and Mistrel who are 16 weeks old and my Brown spotted Bengal Bibi and their pets my 3 Border Collies Sky, Sunny and Mistral

I lost a Mum and 3 Kittens to FIP a couple of years ago and it is heart breaking and such a cruel disease that robs us so quickly of our babies, I still have the last remaining kitten she is now 5 and was a Corona carrier but has now shed the disease but sadly a lot of cats carry it and 99% of the time it doesn't mutate but when it does it breaks our hearts
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 20:47:10 PM »
Hope you have a fantastic time with your 2 lovely furry babies and they stay healthy for many many years  :Luv2: :hug:

We have some Birmans on Purrs and I'm sure Gill will love to see any pics of yours

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Furry children

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 17:49:06 PM »
Thank you for your kind words :) the boys are the most amazing cats  :thanks:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 17:30:17 PM »
Awww, what beautiful babies  :Luv2:! I am sorry that you have had such a bad time over the past couple of years  :( Here's hoping that these babies have long and happy lives with you.

Offline Furry children

• Kitten
Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 16:38:53 PM »
 Hi Everyone

I thought I would write a little bit about myself and my babies.  I've lost 4 cats over the last two years and it doesn't get easier when one passes away.  Two years ago I lost my old Birman girl Diamond at the age of 18 years.  Sadly she had a tumor in her mouth and it was inoperable so we had to let her go.  We decided to get two Siberian kittens as company for my other Birman Monty, this was one of the worst times I had ever experienced.  Thinking back, we really should have questioned the breeder about the conditions the cats were kept in but fell in love with these cute adorable kittens. When we got the kittens home we noticed that Harvey was not growing as big as Tabatha and that he always seemed to have runny eyes and nose.  We took him to the vet and they said it was a virus and would pass.  Sadly at 6 months we lost him to FIP, he was seriously ill for 3 days, that is how quick this dreadful disease takes cats.  His stomach ballooned and his life went from him. The vet said that the coronavirus was highly likely to have been contracted through the mother as he was so young and had had no contact with cats outdoors.  6 months later we lost his sister Tabatha to a dangerous driver on a quiet cul de sac.  We couldn't believe we could have such bad luck in such a short space of time.  We decided to put all this behind us and with our strong love of cats decided to get two Norwegian Forest Cats Basil and Theo, both are very big boys and fit and well.  Monty our remaining Birman sadly died at New Year 2014 after struggling for a year with stomatitis.  Again this is an awful disease and very painful for cats, we tried various forms of medication after the vet told us a year ago to have him put to sleep.  The medication gave him another year with us.  I suppose what I am saying here is that there is hope if you have a cat with stomatitis and not to immediately take the choice of euthanasia without trying other medication.  I would love to hear from anyone who has gone through having a cat with FIP or stomatitis. :) :)

Link to CatChat