Author Topic: Meow!  (Read 4961 times)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Frankenstein
Re: Meow!
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
Thanks Guys :)

When he gets too rough we say ouch and stop playing with him. He get's quite confused and then starts purring and trying to lick us better :p

His name! When we went to see him the woman said he was a little girl and we pretty much named him there and then. A week or so later she text me saying she was sorry but she was pretty sure that he was a little boy. For some reason we really struggled with names for a boy. We went to pick him up with a list of names in our heads, Frankenstein being one of them (awesome book, also Red Dwarf reference and I like a band with it in their name). As we waited for our cab the woman asked if we had his name ready so we explained no. She told us her 2 year old called him Frankie. When I asked the little boy why he said that the cat had told him his name was (have to try and spell this phonetically lol) Frank-win-dine!! Seemed like fait to us. He really suits it too :p

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 00:07:40 AM »
Frankie is blumming gorgeous, no wonder you fell in love with him.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 23:36:34 PM »
 :Luv: Frankie is so adorable we like loads and loads of kitty pictures here so if you could help us out we will be very grateful  :evillaugh:

Oh and  :welcome: you will love it here
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 18:53:00 PM »
What a gorgeous little fluff monster! How did he get his name?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 17:34:20 PM »
What an adorable little chap  :Luv2: ! Black cats are da best  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 15:55:00 PM »
being so young he won't have learnt any manners from his litter mates and mum yet so you will have to bear with it for a bit

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 15:15:18 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Frankie is gorgeous.  I agree with the others about stopping him biting now.

Therea re lots of really useful guides and bits of info in this section of the forum:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/board,43.0.html

This link has load of info on Kittens:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4790.0.html

This is also a good link:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4931.0.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline KittyNic

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Sam, Codex, Jacob, Munchkin & Chutney too!
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 13:08:51 PM »
Frankenstein is absolutely adorable!

If 'no' and 'ouch' doesn't work, I read said somewhere about blowing in their faces. It does tend to discourage them.

Oh and  :welcome: to Purrs!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 12:48:53 PM »
our idea one would be a black scruffy fluffy monster and, by chance, thats exactly what we got.

Ah, there's no "chance" about it - a feline celestial agency arranges these things - a bit like Nanny Mcfeline  ;) :evillaugh:    The Fates have sent absolute belters to our door over the years.  And we tend to get just what we need.   :hug:

Our youngest little un was like that - they thought at the shelter that he was around 4 months old, but he was just very underweight and undernourished (not a great start to his life bless him!) but since then we discovered he was in fact only just 3 months.  Now of course he's growed and growed and growed, and at just over 7 months old, he's now as big as our 22 month old cat. 

Am so pleased he's captured your hearts so totally.  That's exactly how it should be.  And I bet he feels the same way about his new Mam and Dad Sassybots.  ;)

To discourage him from biting, just pull him away firmly but gently and say "No" - if that doesnt work, say "ouch!" - look shocked and hold him up, saying "ouch - no!"   He wont take a blind bit of notice, but by then you'll be so busy giggling at the look on his face you won't care.  ;)

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:32:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcome :)

Frankenstein is such a fluffy weirdo and I'll be glad if he stays that way! When my partner and I first discussed getting a cat we decided our idea one would be a black scruffy fluffy monster and, by chance, thats exactly what we got.

There is a bit of discrepancy as to how old he is. When we first picked him we were told he was 4 weeks old. Then 4 weeks later we went to pick him up. The woman was lovely so I text her to let her know he had settled in and asked, by chance, if she remembered the DoB. The date she gave me would have meant he was only 7 weeks when we got him. She did seem very eager for us to get him although I put that down to her claims that he was a greedy guts. He tried to suckle me for a few days but never really cried for his litter mates. BASICALLY, to cut a long story short he's either 9 or 10 weeks today.

I'm completely in love with him. Since the day we brought him home he has been my shadow. I come back from work and he pounces at me for attention. Just a really cool cat.

Saying that, it would be nice if he would stop biting!! Silly thing gets a bit carried away

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:26:40 PM »

oooo- he's a little cutie, isn't he?   :Luv2: :Luv2: :wow: :wow:  I'd say he's going to stay a little fluffer too (and yes Rosella - he does have a certain air of the Gorgeous Groucho about him  ;D  )

Am so glad he's taking his duties as feline terrorist very seriously and also those night-time snoozling duties.  Very important those.  ;) 

Frankie Stein is just adorable.  I bet your household is just alight with fun, now he's joined, isn't it?  :Luv:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:12:49 PM »
What a dorgeous little doll  :catluv:  I'd certainly say he's gonna be a fluffy kit as he is spitting image of me Groucho boy when he were wee  :)

:welcome: to Purrs.

How old is the little fella? 

Offline Sassybot

• Adult Cat
Meow!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 10:47:50 AM »
Hi!

Just thought I'd introduce myself before bugging everyone with questions :D

Two weeks ago, me and my partner brought home a little kitten called Frankenstein. He's a complete dude. Proper little hunter who spends most of the day bombing around, stalking us and causing trouble (although at night he comes to me for cuddles :D ).

This evening we are taking him for his first jabs, hopefully he wont eat the vet! His latest thing is chewing on elbows!

Anyway, here's a pic of Frankie. This was taken within an hour of him coming to our home. It's amazing how much he's grown within a week! Not that it matters but I do hope he stays fluffy. His mother was long haired and his fur is longer than any kittens my family has had. AND it's really thick and spikey- looks like he's put his paw in a socket :D

Link to CatChat