Author Topic: Changing cat food  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
Re: Changing cat food
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 19:59:54 PM »
With dogs you have to add the new food to the old gradually over a week, slowly reducing the old food until they are on the new one completely,  other wise they get upsets stomachs.  I might be the same with cats!

It can often take longer with cats as many cats have sensitive stomachs which you have to endure when it comes out the other end!  :sick:

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »
With dogs you have to add the new food to the old gradually over a week, slowly reducing the old food until they are on the new one completely,  other wise they get upsets stomachs.  I might be the same with cats!

Offline Blue Rabbit

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ben, Jerry, Archie and Zelda
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:18:09 PM »
It could be that that particular food doesn't agree with him or dry doesn't agree with his tummy at all? Some cats can't cope with dry as they find it quite harsh on their tums. Try another RC food, would definitely recommend trying a grain free, you may have to experiment with other brands though. Keep persevering though, you will get there!!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
It might just take a while?

I use royal canin and mix 50/50 the fit (32?) and sensitive as dexter was sometimes sick with just the Fit food.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »
 :( sorry to hear your baby is "delicate" .... did you kow Royal Canin do a "sensative" version adult food  ...  http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/dry_cat_food/royal_canin_feline_vet_diet/356765

Also if he has a delicate tummy it might be worth trying him on a grain free free variety of pet food (if you search for "grain free cat" on Zooplus it offers lots of different types of food  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline jaspersowner

• Kitten
Changing cat food
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 21:12:20 PM »
Since I've had my cat he's been on royal canin kitten he's now a year old so am moving him onto adult. I tried half and half but it upsets his stomach, I can only give him like 10% adult to kitten, he has such a delicate little tummy! I'll be mixing his food forever at this rate

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Link to CatChat