Author Topic: Hello from Velvet Bunny's Animal Rescue in Dudley, West Midlands.  (Read 7830 times)

Offline Benion

• Kitten
Re: Hello from Velvet Bunny's Animal Rescue in Dudley, West Midlands.
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 15:04:01 PM »
TIMELINE - FACTS

Bobi arrived into the UK on Saturday the 21st of December – he was cleared by Defra as fit to enter the UK. He went to a foster home who also runs a rescue for rabbits – Kim Beasley. The foster Mum also has a little disabled cat and said she was experienced with pet nappies and we thought everything was perfect and had all the help needed through his rehabilitation process. Michelle informed her prior to Bobi’s arrival that vet Chris Day in Oxford would be booked to make a house call to start Bobi’s rehabilitation after the Bank Holidays

Everything was fine up until 12 o'clock Christmas Eve afternoon, foster Mum was delighted with him and sent many updates and photo's.

Suddenly at 8.55 pm that same evening Christmas Eve we received a message from foster Mum saying Bobi had ruined her and her families Christmas because he was incontinent and smelt so bad, that they had to crate him and not let him in the room with the rest of the family.

We had only a few hours earlier received photo's from her of Bobi in his little nappies/diapers.

It was impossible to get little Bobi out at that time of night, especially as it was Christmas Eve.

Foster Mum then went into a vicious attack and to be quite honest we were stunned and amazed but even though she deleted and blocked Jayne on Facebook, Michelle managed to keep talking with her, we were given time to find him a new place.

Foster Mum Kim then deactivated her facebook account after posting untruths on her wall.

So Boxing day, yesterday Jayne telephoned her and said Bobi could come to her. I arranged transport for yesterday evening but sadly this transport was a known FB friend of Kim's and transport was stopped by Kim. Bobi as you know is one of our little disabled boys and did have a pressure sore on one of his hind legs, we seen him at Folkestone and even though the sore was there it was not open, infected or in need of emergency vet treatment. On Kim's 8.55 Christmas Eve message she decided to tell us he had a hole in his leg, yet at no time previously had she said his sore was deteriorating, or that he needed a vet. At no time did we refuse a vet.

Our foster contract sent by email to Kim allows for the fosterer to go for emergency vet care, with reimbursement in full. If she felt his leg needed urgent vet treatment, she should have taken him to her local vet, but she did not.

Today little Bobi came to Jayne and a few hours later Kim's total intentions became clear, even though Jayne had let her know he was well and safe with me she had phoned the RSPCA and they came and took him away.

They said they wanted him to see a vet not because he was from Bulgaria or because he was disabled but wanted to check his leg wound.

Off he went with a promise he would be brought back to Jayne later. Jayne was deeply upset yet sure in her mind that he would come back and all the nonsense would be at an end.

Yet the RSPCA vet he was taken to simply doesn't understand disabled dogs and has decided Bobi is better off dead and he will put to sleep at 12 noon Saturday 28th, today.

Offline Benion

• Kitten
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 14:59:25 PM »
This is the woman who agreed to foster Bobi and then because she did not like changing nappies she called out the RSPCA who tried to have him put to sleep even though a forever home had been offered.
She has now taken down her website and Facebook page.
I am an animal lover and appalled at this woman's actions and wanted to post here to warn others not to hand over animals to her.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2013, 14:53:37 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531420/Bobis-saved-RSPCA-backs-vet-says-disabled-dog-rescued-gutters-Bulgaria-live.html

This is the woman responsible for trying to have this dog pts. Avoid this so-called rescue

I don't see the connection at all, who are you talking about?  :shify: I feel the moderators need to be engaged here! 

Offline Benion

• Kitten
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 10:51:51 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2531420/Bobis-saved-RSPCA-backs-vet-says-disabled-dog-rescued-gutters-Bulgaria-live.html

This is the woman responsible for trying to have this dog pts. Avoid this so-called rescue

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 21:34:51 PM »
  :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: from Ron all at lostcatsbrighton :welcome:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 06:46:52 AM »

Hello Kim - welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

What a fantastic story of how you came about and what you do.  Well done on your successes.   ;D

Bumblebee is gorgeous.  I love the ginger and whites.   :Luv2:  And the gingers.  And the black and whites.  And the blacks..... and the tabbies and the tabbies and whites, and the...... all of them really.   :shy:  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 17:06:57 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 15:51:55 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline VelvetBunnysRescue

• Kitten
  • Velvet Bunny's Animal Rescue
    • Velvet Bunny's
  • Slave to: Pea, Jasper, Sammi, Floss, Grace and all my foster babies
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »
Lol, ok then. Well this one is Bumblebee. He is looking for his new home. As you can see, he's gorgeous. He's friendly and fussy. Will make a fabulous addition to any family. Details at www.velvetbunnys.co.uk

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Purrs, Kim. Your work is wonderful, we have many multi-species folk on here so you'll be right at home.

Erhem has anyone mentioned our craving for photos yet? Allow me to be the first to bully  :evillaugh:

:need pics:
Kim Beasley
Velvet Bunny's Animal Rescue
Helping Cats, Rabbits and Small Furries find a new and deserving home.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 09:12:54 AM »
Hiya Kim and Family :welcome: to Purrs :)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
Hello Kim and  :welcome:  to Purrs  :)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 21:30:01 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Purrs, Kim. Your work is wonderful, we have many multi-species folk on here so you'll be right at home.

Erhem has anyone mentioned our craving for photos yet? Allow me to be the first to bully  :evillaugh:

:need pics:

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 19:30:47 PM »
Hello Kim and   :welcome:  to Purrs
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 18:52:43 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

• Kitten
    • Velvet Bunny's
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 18:52:16 PM »
 :)
Yes indeedy - it's all about the ears!!!!

xx
Kim Beasley

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 18:45:42 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Kim

Pleased to have you on board and looking forward to hearing more about your furry charges, both big eared and small eared (was trying to think of a difference between cats and bunnies and the ears stuck out for me  :evillaugh: )

• Kitten
    • Velvet Bunny's
Hello from Velvet Bunny's Animal Rescue in Dudley, West Midlands.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 18:32:31 PM »
Hello Purr People

Velvet Bunny's Rescue is new to the forum, we look forward to chatting with you all!)

We are a small, family run shelter that we run from our home in Dudley. We started out as foster carers for the RSPCA but wanted to do more. Velvet Bunny's was born in June 2011, after my own Velvet Bunny left to wait for me at Rainbow Bridge. We rehomed eight bunnies in 2011 and have since branched out to include Cats in our work.
We are thrilled to have successfully rehomed 5 cats in the last five months and have another reserved pending home check.

We are very proud of what we have acheived as a family and are thrilled to have been able to help Cats, rabbits and small furries into homes.

Looking forward to being part of the Purrs in our Hearts community :-)

If anyone would like to look at our website, the address is www.velvetbunnys.co.uk.

Look forward to chatting to you all.
Kim xxx
Kim Beasley

Link to CatChat