Author Topic: A little show brag!  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: A little show brag!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 22:19:21 PM »
Well, Madam Pearl has been sleeping it off today, only taking breaks for the odd plate of chicken. The girl done good, I'm really proud of her.  :na na naa na:

Gilly, she decided she really didn't like the BIS judge. Lucky he only got the evil eye!  :evillaugh:

We'll have another outing onto the showbench soon methinks, then it'll be it for us until the autumn now. Pearl's done so well, I think she deserves a well-earned break.  :bow:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 01:13:12 AM »
Well done Pearl but for goodness sake dont give em the evil eye, just smile  ;D ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 23:13:59 PM »
Congratulations :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 22:51:03 PM »
awww well done to you both, sound like you had a great day

xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 22:22:21 PM »
Awwwww congrats to the gorgeous Pearl  :Luv:

No more mice casualties today then?  :evillaugh:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
A little show brag!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 21:53:07 PM »
Pearl and I were at the Suffolk & Norfolk show today at the Wood Green Shelter in Godmanchester. The Household Pet section of the show was tough - 17 entries, all super cats.

Pearl did really well considering the competition! She had two firsts (including her open class), a third and an unplaced. Aside from her open, the class that she won was best shorthaired rescue - something that makes me very proud of her indeed.  :wish:   

Oddly, the class in which she was unplaced would you believe, was prettiest female.  :stupid:  :Dont know:  I think the judge must have been a bit  :see:  :rofl:  Judge should know that *I* always take the prettiest cat home.  :evillaugh:

And she made the best in show judging lineup for the second show in a row, but couldn't quite pull the right strings with the judge. (Actually, I don't think she liked him very much 'cause she gave him the evil eye!)

Anyway, she did me proud as usual and I so bought her a posh new catnip cushion from Purrsonal Touch to celebrate and she had a large plate of chicken when we came home.

All in all it was good day spent in great company - loads of folks came to visit Pearl which was lovely. And to cap it all, I entered a competition called "Where did Chester poop?" on one of the club stalls - and believe it or not, I won it, coming home with a very large and very cute cuddly toy cat!  :yesss:

Link to CatChat