Author Topic: Newbie needing SureFlap help  (Read 3897 times)

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
Re: Newbie needing SureFlap help
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 09:37:21 AM »
The upgrade kit contains all new wiring and lenses, so this would probably suit you. It has a softer "click" too. 

I wondered about the power supply too, double check the batteries and also that your kittens microchips are working - we have had two cats microchipped on this site recently whose chips were dud - ask your vet to double check them before committing to spending any more cash.

The upgrade does not work with the dual scanner flap, just the ordinary one.

Yes, stories and photos of the kittens please?  ;D  :welcome:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »
A Purrs member called Sheila went ahead with the Sureflap upgrade and so far as I can recall, she had no difficulty with it.

We've got two Sureflaps  one of the pet door types and one of the new dual scanner types.  We've found Sureflap to be very helpful, so hopefully they'll be able to give you some assistance, as I think you've taken most of the steps we would normally suggest, such as making sure the door is clean so the scanner can read the chips, and checking the batteries.  If it isn't even allowing you to set it up, I would try a different set of batteries, just in case - I have known some to be duds before they've officially expired.

In the meantime, welcome to the forum, and tell us about your new kitties  ;D  What are their names, how long have you had them and what are their characters like?   :welcome:

Offline La-Santa

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Benny, Lorelei & Willow
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 13:29:00 PM »
Thank you.  I'm going to give it another go.  I have sent a message to SureFlap. I remember they were very helpful when i first installed the unit. Also have just noticed an upgrade to the front panel which i may go ahead and order. (has anyone done this and had success?)
I did think it odd that the unit won't even recognise the range tester.
 :thanks:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 13:23:12 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Not sure if there is any advice on this thread which might help:  http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,42523.msg754979.html#msg754979

If not I would contact Sureflap directly as they are incredibly helpful.  :hug:

http://www.sureflap.com/contact-us
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline La-Santa

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Benny, Lorelei & Willow
Newbie needing SureFlap help
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:27:09 PM »
Greetings,

Newbie to this forum  :shy:

I have a SureFlap cat flap that i purchased a few years ago.  Sadly we lost 2 kitties outside and didn't have any need of the SureFlap so we locked it.

Now we are looking to let our 9 month old kitties out for their first outdoor adventures so have been getting the SureFlap ready.  Cleaned the lense, new batteries installed, did a factory reset, all ready to go.  But......   No joy.  With the unit in discovery mode we enticed our babies through the flap. sadly it didn't do anything.  I have a SureFlap tester (from our previous use) so tried that, also no joy.

Please can anyone help.

Many thanks
 :thanks:

Link to CatChat