Author Topic: Poor dog left in car  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: Poor dog left in car
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 21:06:19 PM »
I also didn't know until last year that air conditioning is very bad for dogs and cats. Immediately I found out I never used it with them in the car again.

Why is it bad for them? Surely it's better than them being in a hot car on a long journey?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 21:02:14 PM »
I love to take my 3 with me into the big woods about 2 miles away as we meet up with all my friends that have dogs so they have a woof afternoon lol I never ever take them in the car in the summer as much as it makes me sad. I also didn't know until last year that air conditioning is very bad for dogs and cats. Immediately I found out I never used it with them in the car again.

Poor little dog was of been suffocating, why oh why would anyone not realise it was sooooooooo hot  >:( >:(

well dint furrbaby
x

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 16:14:54 PM »
Why do people do this?? I don't understand, if you can't take the dog out of the car for whatever reason - leave it at home!

I saw something similar a few years ago. We had gone to a craft fair and there was a tannoy message telling the owner of a particular car that their dog was suffering (it was the middle of summer) from the heat. The owners were told that if they were not back at their car within 5 minutes, the windows would be broken and the dog would be attended too.

For whatever reason, the owners didn't turn up, the next tannoy was 'too late, the windows have been broken and your dog is being attended too. The RSPCA are on their way'                                                             

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 14:30:27 PM »
awwwwwww good on ya for ringing them

sadly many people STILL dont know the dangers of leaving a dog in a car on a sunny day

glad he got a warning

he will think twice next time
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 14:29:20 PM »
Just heard from RSPCA -
Owner was given a warning (dont know what the means !)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Poor dog left in car
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 14:24:03 PM »
Just been into town.

Came back to my car and in the car next to me was a dog going mad.
Poor little thing was tied in the boot (an estate car) and panting for england. (its over 70d here)

I got straight onto the RSPCA who only took 10mins to turn up - as they turned up the owner came back to the car.
The owner, an old fella, was actually very shocked with the state of his dog and thanked me for making the phonecall. He just hadnt thought it was as hot as it was.
The poor dog had messed and been sick, RSPCA lady wasnt very happy with the owner so i left her to deal with it.

Link to CatChat