Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 6533 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 10:02:13 AM »
Riley and his brother Lucas are the darling angel boys of Helen and much loved by all on Purrs  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:  Riley is slowly recovering at the moment from a serious illness but you can see a few video reviews in the Purrs Shop  :Luv2: 

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/shop/da-cat-catcher-mouse-cat-toy-128?keyword=da%20bird&category_id=0

Offline Littlebear

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Myshka
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:23 AM »
Good morning all, hope you survived "the storm" Sue? I'm trying to find piccys of Riley, can you point me please? Yes we play Da Bird outside, our lounge is a bit on the wee side to swing it about!  ;D We use the mousey attachment indoors and although not as popular it gives us play time and a different kind of hunt for Myshka. But the feathers are still the fav! She goes bonkers and ends up lying panting like a panther on the floor! She was given the honour of sleeping (I use the term loosely) last night in our room as she was afraid of the wind. Bless! So now off to work somewhat bleary eyed! Have a good day all!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2013, 07:07:41 AM »
 :shify:   Oooo gosh - look at these adorable kittie pics!!   :wow: :wow: :Luv2:

Hi there Littlebear - and Myshka too  :Luv: :Luv:   What a little cutie Myshka is - and yes, Rosella - doesnt she look like Riley?  ;D ;D  Cor!!

Jem - love that piccie as well - yes, when cats sleep like that, it's such a sign of complete relaxation and trust.  As well as being too darned cute!  :evillaugh:

Well done on your care for Shibby - 21 is a fab age.  We had Paddy from a kitten until the age of twenty, and we lost him in 2011 after his kidneys failed.  We then adopted Mac, who was the most gorgeous bundle of ginger spots and we adored him, but lost him to a road accident last year.  We then acquired Ross, who was a bright ginger marbled bundle of wonderfulness.  Sadly, we also lost him to a road traffic accident this year, and as Rosella and you both know, it hurts like hell.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

We're now slaves to Tinky, a tabby and white softy with a goofy grin, and Moray, a 4 month old kitten, who like your Myshka, is full of nortiness, yet has the face of a cherub.  :evillaugh:   I'm generally the one who gets biffed and bashed, and I know only too well how those trousers look after an attack.  I was regularly wearing a pair up until around 7 weeks ago when I finally threw them out.  :evillaugh:

The main tip for getting kittens to alter their behaviur in that regard is distraction therapy, gently persuading them to look at or play with something else when their behaviour borders on the painful or dangerous. 

Might be a good idea to take Myshka's Da Bird out with her into the garden and having some play time out there with her, which will help to build her confidence as he hunts, catches and "kills" her prey in her own patch.   :)   She's a beautiful little Minx.  Hope you really enjoy the forum, and make loads of new friends on here.   :welcome:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 17:17:29 PM »
Awww, love the sleeping kitties  :Luv2:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »
Hiya Littlebear and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
Myshka is very beautiful and, in that pic, looks to  have similar colouring to another beautiful (boy) Purrs pud called Riley which is about the biggest compliment I can give her  :Luv2:

Beautiful pic also ACD  :)  Yes indeed, cats know how to flake out in lovely poses.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 13:02:58 PM by Rosella moggy, Reason: grammar, spelling, repetition etc... »

Offline A Cat Called Dog

• Kitten
  • Jem Vanston, Author of 'A Cat Called Dog'
  • Slave to: Honey and Bumble
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:12 AM »
I love it when cats sleep on their backs with their legs sticking up!

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »
Hi Littlebear  :welcome: to Purrs  :) Myshka is gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Littlebear

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 00:26:07 AM »
Thank you all for your lovely comments. Looking down the row of avatars everyone's puss is adorable. Hahaha Rosella you're so funny...mind you living with 7 you'd have to have a sense of humour! Was the larger photo better for you?  ;) Yep Myshka the Minx it is. She's still a mitten of course and we're enjoying her as much as we can whilst she is still so active. We've just had a play with Da Bird and she's flat out!
Oops that came out a big too big!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 00:28:08 AM by Littlebear »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 23:35:41 PM »
Will ya just look at that little doll  :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss:  Just soooooooo darling angel sweet  :Luv2:

Sorry Littlebear  :-:  I don't think I'm following you.  You refer to a little minx  :scared:  You have a minx too? 

Oh surely you can't meant that darling angel little ball of fluff is a little minx?   :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:   :evillaugh:

Offline Littlebear

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 22:42:46 PM »
 :thanks: Ambersmum and Slugsta. She is of course much bigger now and don't let that cutey face fool ya, she's an absolute minx!  :naughty: But I've only been a member here less than a day and already I've picked up loads of good ideas and lots of nice mates too!

Offline Ambersmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 16:56:15 PM »
 :welcome:

Your kitten is gorgeous  :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 15:44:53 PM »
She is beautiful!  :Luv2:

Offline Littlebear

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 15:16:20 PM »
 :thanks: Rosella I'm totally useless on forums!  :doh: See if this is better for you. Apologies if it all goes upsy daisy.. :-:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 13:21:04 PM »
 :welcome: Littlebear.  Am very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug: :hug:  22 is a very good age for a cat so you were obviously a very good cat mom to Shibby RIP  :(  Our record was Dingle who almost reached her 21st birthday way back in 1997.  We have now been taken over by 7 furries having sadly lost our darling Millie to the road on 22 July.  Never stops hurting does it?  :(  :hug:  Not sure how we reached 8 cats.  It just sort of happened.  All rescues and all loved to bits and spoiled rotten.

In any event, I see you need no neutering lectures so you will fit in very well here and hope you hang around :)  Well done for helping Myshka's previous family with neutering costs.  Such a practical and very caring thing to do.

I used to blow very hard in the faces of our lot when they were little if they used claws, jumped on kitchen work surface etc.  I had mixed results.  They say that momcats usually teach discipline between the ages of 8 to 12 weeks hence the recommendation to leave with mom longer than just 8 weeks but of course each cat is different and some are just better behaved than others  :naughty:

By the way, I am 53 and have never had the best eyesight in the world but at my great age it is getting even worse and I'm afraid I must insist on a larger pic of baby Myshka  ;) 

:need pics:

The pic in your avatar is just too weeny but just big enough to give a tantalising hint of her gorgeousness  ....

It can be a bit daunting having to resize pics so feel free to email to me and I will post for ya if ya like  :) RosellaMoggy@gmail.com

Offline A Cat Called Dog

• Kitten
  • Jem Vanston, Author of 'A Cat Called Dog'
  • Slave to: Honey and Bumble
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 12:27:43 PM »
Hi Littlebear

22 years is a great age for a cat! I wonder what the record is. Horrible when they die, but best to think they had a great life with you wile alive (so many cats do not).

We have 2 rescue cats Honey and Bumble who are about 2 and a half years old. Our previous 2 crawled up to the great cat basket in the sky in the summer of last year aged 13, and they were showing their age.

Frodo had terrible cataracts and some sort of swelling on his kidney, which we didn;'t operate on due to his age and a bad allergic reaction to anaesthetic 6 years before which nearly did for him; Fifi, who was always a bit 'special' had hyperthyroidism, possibly cataracts too, and possibly was also going a bit senile - though it was hard to tell, as she was always a bit off the wall!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:25:22 AM »
Hello and  :welcome:

You obviously did something right for your lovely Shibby to be with your for so long  ;D Myshka looks and sounds absolutely adorable, why don't you send her over to the 'from the cats' mouths' page and she can tell the other cats all about herself?!

Offline Littlebear

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:01:14 AM »
Hi and thanks for the welcome. When our dear friend Shibby passed away after 22 years, we decided to wait a while before finding another puss. It was 8 weeks of hell! Both my DH and I agreed that somehow our home seemed incomplete without a feline friend around, so we started to look.. and look.. and look. We had decided that we would like a kitten. None of our local rehoming centres had any kittens to offer and despite leaving our details and making an absolute pest of ourselves by ringing them frequently, nothing happened  :-: Several weeks later a work colleague told me of a neighbour of hers who had kittens to rehome. We went to see them and Myshka won our hearts. We did pay for her to assist the woman to have her 2 adult females neutered. At 8 weeks old which I felt was a little young, Myshka came home with us. She was such a little dot but she settled in fine with a fair bit of encouragement. My avatar is Myshka at about 10 weeks. She's 7 months now, has been neutered etc and rules the house! I'm now in the process of learning "parenting" techniques  :) to try to curb her naughty streak of biting and scratching for attention. I'm a bit of a soft touch when it comes to my pets and I particularly seem to be the centre of her attention when it comes to the naughtiness but it's becoming tiresome as well as expensive on trousers and skin!  :-:  She's still a bundle of fun and we love her to bits. Her antics make us laugh no end. She loves going out but spends all of her time hiding under the same thick bush, a knowledgeable friend thinks this may be due to the unwanted attentions of a feral Tom, who, despite several attempts at trapping so we could have him neutered, has managed to escape our efforts! He has since disappeared but I think the memory of him chasing her and climbing in our open windows has stuck with her. It's only a matter of time, I guess providing he stays away or gets trapped/neutered, before she gains confidence and goes off to explore. We are considering another puss as a companion for her, but so far apart from when she was with her siblings, her reaction to other cats has been hiss, spit, claw. Advice and tips on any of the above more than welcome. As I said I have a friend who knows a good fair bit about cats due to her qualifications and she has been an absolute rock!

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 00:34:17 AM »
 :welcome: we would love to hear more about myshka  ;)

Offline Littlebear

• Kitten
Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 22:43:36 PM »
Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Karen and I live in South Devon with my DH and 7 month old kitty Myshka. We lost our dear old friend Shibby, who we'd had since the age of 2, earlier this year. Myshka is our first kitten and she's keeping us on our toes  :Crazy:  so I'll be looking for lots of advice and tips along the way.

Link to CatChat