Author Topic: Awful news  (Read 52427 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Re: Awful news
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2007, 13:07:58 PM »
 :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
THAT IS THE BEST NEWS WE HAVE HAD ON HERE IN DAYS

I just know she is going to go from strength to strenght now -
and I would let the kittens be with her but just keep an eye that they dont drive her mad  :rofl:

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #182 on: May 23, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »
Been away - and I've just read this whole thread.  So sorry to hear about Jasmine but glad to hear that she's on the mend and now back at home with you and her babies.  Hope things continue to improve

big hugs  L xx
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #181 on: May 23, 2007, 11:43:47 AM »
I am so so pleased for you, Jasmine and the kittens!  That is such good news!  Let's hope she can go from strength to strength now, and be back on her feet in no time at all - sounds like she's a little fighter, and sounds like she has a lot worth fighting for!  You've done so well over this, you should be very proud of yourself ... and Jasmine!  :hug:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #180 on: May 23, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »
(Haha, Mark. When the kittens were born I was texting all my friends to tell them I was a granny!  :evillaugh: )

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
Thats made my day bless her. I can imagine how happy you are and the babies..........

here is to you getting better quickly  :grouphug:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2007, 11:33:52 AM »
Great that she is back with her mum & babies (does that make you kitten granny?  :evillaugh: ) getting the TLC - better for everyone concerned (except the vet)
No matter how good the VN's are, there is nothing like being at home to nurse her back to health.

Glad it all turned out well Karen
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2007, 11:30:27 AM »
Excellent - that is even better! ;D

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
The vet said she has been using it both ways, Rosiesmum, but just in case she stops for some reason

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2007, 11:27:30 AM »
Sorry forgot to mention - when Rosie was attacked she didn't use her tray for a couple of days, it took her nearly a week to pass a stool. Just wanted to let you know that it can take a few days for it all to go through the system!!

Congrats again!

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2007, 11:25:27 AM »
That is absolutely fantastic news, I am so pleased for you both!!!  :disco:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2007, 11:24:08 AM »
Thanks, Ruth! Meant to say that I'm to keep an eye on her to make sure she uses the littertray, if she hasn't by tomorrow morning I have to take her back - so fingers crossed with that.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »
I am so glad she is with you Karen. Well done and hope Jasmine continues like this. The fact she wants to move at all is brilliant and very promising. xx

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Very encouraging news!
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2007, 11:19:27 AM »
I didn't go over to the vets yesterday. I hadn't been able to work as past few days so had to catch up, had a doctor's appointment, and plus I didn't want to pester them going in every single today.

Today, however, I went over. She's made a bit more improvement, and he asked if I wanted to take her home!! She's far from right yet, but I am soooo delighted she's home. I have tablets to give her morning and night, and she needs to go back to be checked over every other day - we have an appointment at 9.30 on Friday morning. She needs to be kept confined to a room, but she doesn't want to stay still at all! I gave her her first tablet and fed her. Probably shouldn't but gave her her favourite cat food, some smoked salmon bits and a bowl of whiskas cat milk which she lapped up in seconds (she absolutely looooves that stuff!)

She seems really eager to make sure things are how she left them, and keeps wanting to move with her little legs trailing behind her. I'm supposed to keep the kittens away as much as possible but I let them have a little look at her, and she was licking them straight away, so I don't think the bond has been lost?

I also paid the bill, it was £66 so far. I thought it'd be much more!
I am absolutely over the moon to have my little girl home, although she's still not well, she's much better here with people that love her  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

And, finally, I sneaked a little pic for you all...

Thank God my baba is home!  :Luv:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2007, 09:18:43 AM »
How is Jasmine today?  Any more news?  I hope you're managing to visit her and that she can come home soon.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2007, 05:51:12 AM »
id "pass" on the coming home front.....she is in best place at the mo and still being monitered x

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2007, 12:32:24 PM »
glad to hear she is still progressing. Is there anything they are doing at the vet that you couldn't do yourself at home, I know you would have to have her caged but maybe she may be better in her own environment

give her a kiss from my babies when you go to see her today

xx

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2007, 10:14:59 AM »
awwww
r u going to see her again today karen?
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #166 on: May 22, 2007, 10:05:44 AM »
Did you ask him about bringing her home (not that it's HIS decision!)?
Things still sound positive, even from this dour-sounding vet!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #165 on: May 22, 2007, 10:04:23 AM »
That's good, at least she has gone backwards. He sounds positive and I'm sure he wouldn't tell you something like that if he had any doubts!

Still have everything crossed for you and Jasmine xxxx

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »
Just rang the vet. No more progress since yesterday, she's still much the same. He said "if she keeps going how she's going there's still hope"
Which didn't make me feel too good. He said she's still bright as a button and happy - although I know she's not happy, but as much as she can be, I suppose.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2007, 08:06:36 AM »
I am glad she is doing well, fingers crossed she carries on improving.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2007, 23:48:37 PM »
Oh Karen I'm soooooooooooooo happy and sending love and prayers she will be home soon and make a full recovery. :Luv: :Luv:

Lots if hugs to you and Jas and all her littluns  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2007, 23:05:33 PM »
I was so scared to read thisn thread and am so pleased that Jasmine is improving.  ;D

If the vet is near to you and it is possible, I would make sure you visit everyday cos if she cant come home , it will definately help her.

Come on Jasmine, you are doing just great  :hug: :hug:

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2007, 22:12:41 PM »
karen your post of the visit to the vets brought tears to my eyes , im really pleased shes ok and making a  little progress
best of luck and keep us up to date , i hope you have insurance
love sasha

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2007, 18:34:58 PM »
Yay what great news ... fingers crossed she will continue to improve at a nice steady pace and be back home very soon.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2007, 18:25:43 PM »
awwww Karen thats fantastic news I only just got in and read the news woooooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo maybe there is a god up there after all............please change the name of the title from AWFUL NEWS TO ENCOURAGING NEWS  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

COME ON JASMINE WE ARE ALL ROUTING FOR YOU SWEETHEART AND YOUR BABIES ARE WAITING TO SEE YOU

GET WELL SOON

XX

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2007, 18:19:55 PM »
Thanks, everyone.
I'll ask the vet's advice on nursing her at home. But I'm not gonna push for x-rays. If the vet who has examined her doesn't think her legs are broken, then I have no reason to. I'm sure he'll give her x-rays when he thinks the time's right.

Thank you, Hippykitty. The kittens loooove the cat tree. Jasmine hasn't really had a chance to play on it cos it just came the week she had the babies. You can see the whole thing in this one, and just about see Meeko poking out of the cave bit...

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2007, 17:55:16 PM »
Karen, so pleased to hear that Jasmine has improved and used the tray - well done to you too for asking the questions which is difficult to do when stressed.   The kittens are adorable and I do hope that it won't be too long before you are all together again.   Lots of hugs to you  :hug:
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2007, 17:32:26 PM »
Great news Karen.....Im Happy for you both :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2007, 15:12:18 PM »
So pleased to hear the positive news Karen  ;D  Can't wait to hear that she's safe and sound back home with you and her babies  :hug:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2007, 14:41:30 PM »
Just had a good look at the piccies. What a lovely climbing frame you have for the kittens.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2007, 14:34:29 PM »
Fantastic news Karen, things seem to be looking up  ;D

The kittens are looking brilliant too..

Well done  :hug:

xxx

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2007, 13:45:38 PM »
I also agree with HippyKitty

Could you speak to your vet about bringing her home Helen ?
Even if she needs injections i am sure you can learn fast (it isnt hard)
I agree that she would prob get better soon being in her own home and as i have already said i am worried she will loose the bond with her kittens if away from them for too long

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2007, 13:44:59 PM »
Its great shes using a tray on her own, means she hasnt given up  ;D

You could take bedding in that the kittens have slept on, im not sure i would take them because of the risk of them picking up germs from the waiting room.
Its amazing how much they have grown  ;D

I would still want x-rays done to double check theres nothing that could show up, she sounds alot stronger now. "Spinal damage" seems a bit vague? At least her nerves are good enough to keep her toilets abilities normal.

Hopefully Lynn will be along soon

ccmacey

« Reply #149 on: May 21, 2007, 13:44:05 PM »
Yes I was going to say you will be looking at a very large vet bill, I know that dosnt even come into it at the time but best do whats best for you and Jasmine, not for the vets pockets.

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #148 on: May 21, 2007, 13:39:09 PM »
I totally agree with you HippyKitty about nursing Jasmine at home. I honestly believe that she would be better at home. My vet gave me Metacam  for pain relief with Rosie and it did wonders for her. If Jasmine is not in pain, then she obvioulsy wouldn't need it.

My vet was more than happy for me to manage Rosie at home as he thought it would be beneficial for her.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2007, 13:32:46 PM »

Asked if she was in any pain, and he assured me she's not.

In this case, he isn't doing much for her, just monitoring her, which you could do at home, if you can confine her in a large carrying cage or kittening pen (you may be able to borrow one, the rescue members on here could tell you more about this).

Is she an easy cat to give meds to? If so, you can give her the medication (probably steroids) and pain relief yourself, if you're not working and have the time. She'll heal faster with you.

Insist that  he x-ray her legs. They sound broken. If they are, she'll need to have them pinned. The sensation in them, and the fact that she's moving, pooping and widdling, are good signs in regard to her spine. I think the VN's would agree. She certainly seems on the mend.

Because of the close relationship she has with you and her kittens, she's likely to heal faster at home, with trips to the vets for treatment, such as the bone-pinning (if they're broken).

Being an old cynic, I'm wondering if the vet has a financial interest in keeping her in. But that could just be the way my mind works.

Love to you and Jasmine and Kittens  :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2007, 13:26:19 PM »
Glad to hear she's starting to improve. :)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2007, 13:23:24 PM »
They are so beautiful -

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2007, 13:05:55 PM »
It is feeling much better.

Meanwhile, we'll have an update on her babies. Came home from the vet's and found Daisy and Belle fast asleep on top of my ironing basket...

And then they were on the cat tree...

Meeko was asleep on my pillow where I'd left him this morning. I need a good pic of him to show you all soon, he has the most adorable little face.

Link to CatChat