Author Topic: My cat loves receipts  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: My cat loves receipts
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 13:01:12 PM »
oh yes, puked up plastic - I'm familiar with that carpet accessory  ;D  better out than in I guess!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
Same with Cleo! I have to keep them out of her reach otherwise I find piles of puked up plastic on the carpet  :sick:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »
Mosi has a fetish for carrier bags, especially the free/cheap ones you get from supermarkets.  He's obsessed with licking them and eating them  :shify:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2013, 11:09:46 AM »
Perhaps Paddy thought your brolly was a teething ring Sue  :rofl:  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2013, 07:26:43 AM »

We used to have a little cat - Flynn - who loved till receipts too, and would often bring them triumphantly through the cat flap.  Mind you, he also brought us an action man complete with parachute too.  Never did find out which kid he mugged for that one.   :evillaugh:

And oh yes - emery boards really get them going.  :evillaugh:

Isnt it lovely that you can look back on things with teeth marks in them and it reminds you fondly of cats you've loved?  I have an umbrella which I've had for almost 30 years, and the thing that makes me smile whenever I use it are the little teeth marks in the wooden handle.  Paddy chewed it when he was a kitten.   :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 19:01:20 PM »
What a lovable strange lot we have  :rofl: :hug:

Make sure the Lotto ticket isn't a winner and gets eaten  ;)

Emory boards - OMG that brings back memories of my Smudge R.I.P. - when ever I was doing my nails he would bite through them - never had one without teeth marks in it.

Bonnie likes to play with tissue paper, especially when I get new clothes and I leave the tissue paper on the bed, she sits on it for ages and then starts ripping it up.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline mad_lilli

• Hero Cat
  • Lady Marmalade of the fluffy trousers
    • Cruelty Free, Vegan Skincare Freshly Made in the UK
  • Slave to: Marmalade, Teddy, Crystal, Marco (Thug 1) and Polo (Thug 2)
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 16:21:03 PM »
Crystal also likes a bit of rustly paper! God help you if you're eating a tunnocks  teacake or after eights, coz she'll give you the Puss in Boots eyes till you scrunch it up & throw it for her.  She will also "investigate" plastic bags, tissue paper, envelopes etc. Marmalade on the other hand, is afraid of packaging of any kind, especially sticky tape and bubble wrap. She does that whole chin wobble thing and runs away. They're a bit challenged in my house............     :rofl:
RIP beautiful Lilli 01.08.1999 - 02.01.2016 
My shadow since February 2002
I'll love you forever

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 16:04:04 PM »
Glad to see lots of crazy cats on here and that it's not just mine. ;D

Offline beowulf

• Adult Cat
  • Willow and Jessie's provider
  • Slave to: Willow and Jessie-Moo
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 23:22:08 PM »
willow loves bits of paper, even better if they are screwed up, bats them about and chases them

all these toys and she likes a bit of paper! :innocent:.......like a toddler with a present, more interested in the box it came in  ;D

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 22:05:02 PM »
Poppy like Lottery tickets screwed up, Ollie like any paper screwed up. Charlie has a thing for nail files, Wordy just loves Chikkun.lol

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 22:00:19 PM »
Alfie loves cardboard and paper, when we first had him he liked to peel off the wallpaper.

Cleo likes the chew plastic bags.

Haven't - yet- had one who particularly likes receipts though!

Offline Bren22

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Carrie, Harvey & Jess & fostermum for CCG and all my lovely pets on the bridge
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 19:16:22 PM »
One of my previous foster kittens loved bus tickets, he'd find them and hide them under the furniture until he was ready to bring them out and proudly carry them round like he'd caught some prey.  I think it's the rustly noise they like, and the handy size.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
My cat loves receipts
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 14:32:35 PM »
My cat loves receipts, he goes into the recycling bin and plastic bags to find them. He loves them screwed up and bats them around. He likes them more than most of his toys.

Does anyone else have a cat that does this? It does worry me a bit as he carries them around in his mouth. Could it be a chemical that's used in the paper or printing?   

Link to CatChat