Author Topic: Strange happenings and Pebbles missing  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
Re: Strange happenings and Pebbles missing
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2013, 14:56:28 PM »
Have posted him on a few national sites besides Purrs. Catchat, but the pic was too large for them, National Lost and Found Pets Register, and others.

Had a few possible matches from National Pet Register, but none of them were at all like Pebbles.

The psychic could sense nothing negative about his situation, but wasn't more specific.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2013, 21:14:44 PM »
Did you manage to post him on the sites, HK?

Offline Tuftyclub

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: No wun, we iz masters!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2013, 03:06:41 AM »
That's ideal, just state this is his mum with similar markings and  it  will be better than no photo at all. Good luck, it's an awful place you're in, and you have my utmost sympathy having been there myself more than once.  :(  :hug:
Pursley, Big Sam, Polly, Theo, Sly da Sly, Tuffers, Georgie, Agent K.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2013, 15:24:57 PM »
I had to disturb Lucy, who wasn't a very willing model and didn't pose for the pics. Eventually managed to get a not too good pic of her from a still when left webcam running with her being video'd.

For some reason I ended up with a small image of her making my room look even more untidy than it is! She looks very like her son to a casual observer.

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Tuftyclub

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: No wun, we iz masters!
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2013, 13:40:11 PM »
Sheila, I really need a pic to do this, don't I? I've never taken one of him.

Will have to disturb Lucy, who looks a bit like him, from the heap of cats - Lucy, George and Fred - so that I can get a pic of her. Will do this now.

I'd load up his description anyway Hk, if I'd found a cat it's the first place I look, you can load the picture later if you want.
Pursley, Big Sam, Polly, Theo, Sly da Sly, Tuffers, Georgie, Agent K.

Offline Purdy Bear

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 13:36:24 PM »
A psychic wont need a picture of the cat as long as you give them a good discription, and the area they need to look in.  The photograph just gives them a link to that part of the timeline of the cat, a bit like looking on a page of diary for a certain day.  A good psychic will just need something to link in with the cats vibration, now that can be through the owner, touch, hearing the owners voice, a photograph, an item of the cats, or just knowing their discription etc.  The later is a lot harder but still can be done by a good psychic.

Sending lots of thoughts of Pebbles to find his way home safe and sound.  I would put out a few posters or notes to neighbours just incase his shut in a shed or garage.  My Chloe (RIP) went missing for 3 days and appeared perfectly fine if not a little thinner, I think she was in a shed somehwere.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 13:23:26 PM »
I am so sorry that Pebbles has gone AWOL, especially with your move looming. I do hope that he soon returns home, safe and sound  :hug:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 12:37:16 PM »
Sheila, I really need a pic to do this, don't I? I've never taken one of him.

Will have to disturb Lucy, who looks a bit like him, from the heap of cats - Lucy, George and Fred - so that I can get a pic of her. Will do this now.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »
Sorry to hear Pebbles is missing Hk. Have you posted his details on the National Pet Register and Animal Search Uk yet? I'd definitely do this, and check their "found" listings too, someone may have already picked him up.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 09:52:03 AM »
CatGirl, I'll be doing this today. The problem being that I don't have a pic of Pebbles, so will have to use one of his mum, who looks very like him except for expressions. He has a naughty, playful face; she has a serious, thoughtful face. Their body markings are slightly different, but it's easy to mistake them; even I've done this till looking more closely.

I'll point out that this isn't his pic, but his mum's, but it's enough to recognise him by.

Thanks for the good luck x

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 09:46:13 AM »
I suppose you have put notes through people's letter boxes,asking them to check their sheds/garages,put a notice in a local shop,rung various vets? Good luck in finding him.x

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 09:13:59 AM »
It would be nicer to think the squirrels were the result of an urban fox - of which there are a few locally - rather than some gun-happy student or "vermin" hater who may extend their madness to the local felines.

Pebbles is too healthy to be the target of a fox, and too much of a spitfire; a trait he's inherited from his longtime feral mum.
Strangely, she and her other two sons seem happy to be locked in the house. The only objector is Victoria, Fred's sister, who keeps trying to escape by hooking up the catflap. She ALWAYS answers when called. But the only way round her Colditz trick is to fully lock the flap, in which case, Pebbles can only get in when called.

I've left messages on the answer machines of a neighbour who also has a cat, and a friend whose daughter is very good at psychically tracing cats.

Next job: take a pic of Lucy to use in place of Pebbles on leaflets, then start leafletting the area.
Then: buy MUNCHIES to rattle and to create a trail home. These will probably be eaten by a stray cat who's been trying to move in for ages.

I hope Pebbles turns up before the move! I'm going to the other side of B'ham, miles away.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:22:59 AM by Hippykitty »

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 08:23:10 AM »
Actually, it may not be as sinister as it sounds. I've found squirrel tails in the garden a few times (and the Munchkin once brought one home) along with signs that made it fairly clear said squirrels were caught (and eaten) by foxes. I suppose the tail is the one bit they can't digest. No pleasent but not necessarily an indication of a seriel squirrel killer.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 07:39:59 AM »

Very worrying, HK.  It doesnt sound like the act of a natural predator.

I cant really offer any explanation, unless as you say, someone sick is at work in the area, and I genuinely hope this isn't so. 

I hope that Pebbles turns up very soon.  This must be incredibly worrying for you, and I know how anxious I would be in your shoes.   :hug: :hug:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
Strange happenings and Pebbles missing
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 07:15:59 AM »
For the last three days the cats have been bringing in what look a bit like the last 3-4 inches of a fluffy cat's tail and leaving it on the lounge carpet. The first one had no blood on it, so I wrote it off as some toy they'd found. However, the one I found in the early hours of this morning looked raw at the severed part, a bit like meat.

I haven't seen Pebbles for two days. It's unusual for my cats not to come when called for food. They could miss one night (having been fed by a neighbour) but never two. Pebbles is one of Lucy's sons and doesn't have a white spot on the end of his tail, as the other two (Cydric and George) do.

I've been thinking lots about the severed tails. They are grey and very fluffy; a bit like squirrels' tails. I googled images of grey squirrel tails and they are identical to the ones the cats have brought in. So I wonder if one of the new student intake has been on a grey squirrel cull, chopping off the tails as trophies, and my cats have been pinching them?

If the squirrels are being shot or trapped, I can't help wondering whether Pebbles has been caught up in this, maybe caught in a trap and killed, or shot.  :'(

I've now locked the cat flap, intending to keep the other five in before I move house on November 14th. It's locked so that they can come in, but not go out, just in case Pebbles comes home.

I don't have any photos of Pebbles, but he looks very much like his mum Lucy, except for the position of their markings and facial expressions. Both are mostly white with patches of brownish tabby. Lucy has a serious expression, but Pebbles' is more playful.

I'm really worried about what has happened to him, especially with someone killing squirrels in the area.

I'd be grateful for ideas about action I can take and thoughts about the situation.  :thanks:

Link to CatChat