Author Topic: Spot and Zathras  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
Re: Spot and Zathras
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 14:06:13 PM »
Hi Nyhavn and  :welcome: to Purrs! You'll find this a fun and friendly forum.

Your English is excellent and your furbabies are beautiful - as is the balcony and garden you have for them.

Feel free to post plenty of pictures - we love pictures!  ;D
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 08:17:07 AM »

That's just amazing.  You have it absolutely beautifully laid out for your boys.   :wow: :wow:  I'm very impressed.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2013, 21:15:01 PM »

That looks fantastic  :briggin:

Offline Nyhavn

• Kitten
  • What of meow did you not understand?
  • Slave to: Spot, Zathras
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2013, 18:42:44 PM »
So, here are some pics of our cat-balcony...

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 14:46:39 PM »
Thank you Nyhavn, I have learned a new word today  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 13:45:34 PM »

OPooh yes please - we love photos, and am especially interested in your balcony because it's a cat proofed garden, in effect.   Safe for the boys. 

I like that word - pelage.  I hadnt come across it before either, but it sounds rather elegant.    :)

Offline Nyhavn

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 13:29:14 PM »
I found the expression "pelage" in wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_pelage

But thanks for you corretion and explanation  :thanks:

Yeah, they are really much bigger today  ;) When they entered our live, Zahtras had about 2,8kg (=6,2lb) and Spot 3,2kg (=7,1lb). Today Zahtras has 4,8 (=10,6lb) and Spot 5,6kg (=12,3lb).

If you are interested, I can take some photos of our balcony(s) today....

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
The plants are much bigger now - and so are the kitties  ;D

I don't know the word 'pelage' in English, there is a word 'pelt' but I would probably just say 'coat' or even 'fur'  :briggin:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2013, 12:32:00 PM »

That's just the perfect set-up.   ;D ;D  And I love that you can grow things in your flower boxes.  Your boyfriend sounds like a lovely man - very understanding of your love of cats, and your two in particular.   :)

Offline Nyhavn

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2013, 12:13:43 PM »
And what a fantastic home you've offered them - a balcony all of their own is a bit swanky (English for really really good!  ;) )  Your English and grammar are excellent, so don't worry about that - I make terrible typographic mistakes and English is my native language.  :evillaugh:

Thanks for the compliments  :shy:

The 2 balconys were just luck. My boyfriend and I have been together for several years, when we decided to move together in one flat. We had plenty of time to look for and compare all the offers. We have decided for this flat for several reasons.
He never wanted pets, but he knew of my wish all the time. The idea of one guest- and one cat-balcony I told him some months later :naughty: when the whole renovation was finished and many (for him often incomprehensible) things had already been adopted to a nice cat-playground :naughty:

Here you can see a part of our railing, which consists of really big flower boxes. One box is for vegetables and herbes (that's why they are protected behind the cage :evillaugh:), in the other one we have only gras and some wild flowers, so that the cats can feel, smell and touch a little bit of nature.  :Luv2:

On this picture Spot was really just a baby with 6-7months and a thick winter pelage (is this really said like this in english??  :shocked:)

These photos were taken last winter, now the plants are much bigger ;D 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 22:43:55 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Nyhavn your English is perfect ... you have nothing to worry about there ;)

I can see why you fell in love with your two boys they are adorable and I am sure there is never a dull moment with them in your life  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 14:20:28 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: I can understand why you fell in love with them from that photo  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 13:55:52 PM »
hi and welcome!  I love austria, we normally go to the lakes is beautiful

Offline Nyhavn

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 13:53:05 PM »
Thanks for the many greetings ;D

Where did they come from?

We got them from an animal rescue from lower Austria.

Spot was found in the streets of Vienna. He was in quite good condition, no injuries, no diseaes, well nourished. His "foster parents" told us, that he was very trustful, when he arrived in their house. He was -of course- hungry, but soon satisfied and happy. We think, that he always had a "nice" family and just grew too "old" and too large, so he had to disappear.

Zathras, our black panther, was found in a ditch between the highway and the railway. He must have been out in the wild for a while, because he was not in such a good condition as Spot. He was very thin, shy and full of parasites. When he arrived 4  days after Spot at the foster's house, they started a fight, which -we were told- was really heavy. But two days later they had cleared the ranking and since that moment they are good friends.

They were at the cat rescue for app. 5 weeks, when I found them in the internet, several days later both moved to our flat. ;D
This was the first image of them (at the age of 6 months), which I saw in the internet...

They are both fantastic cats and I never want to give them away again!! :Luv2:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:46 AM »
Hello Nyhav  :welcome: to Purrs  :)

Spot and Zathras are gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »
 :welcome:   Nyhavn

Your cats are very beautiful! Where did they come from?

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 11:46:14 AM by jezebel »
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 07:30:06 AM »

Hello Nyhavn - a very big warm Purrs Welcome to you, Spot and Zathras  :welcome: :welcome:

What beautiful beautiful cats you have.   :wow:  And what a fantastic home you've offered them - a balcony all of their own is a bit swanky (English for really really good!  ;) )  Your English and grammar are excellent, so don't worry about that - I make terrible typographic mistakes and English is my native language.  :evillaugh:

All you need to get by here on Purrs is a love of cats, and I think everyone speaks cat-speak fluently when they're owned by cats.   :Luv:  Greetings to you all in Austria, and hope you enjoy the forum and have fun making new friends.  The cats also have a section where they can natter about us humans - check it out Spot and Zathras  ;)

Offline Nyhavn

• Kitten
Spot and Zathras
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 06:14:24 AM »
Hi.

My nickname is Nyhavn, I am about 30 years old and I live Austria. The reason, why I registered in an english-speaking forum, is that I love your country and your culuture and I want to improve my language skills (especially concerning my favourite hobby) ;D

My two cats are called Spot and Zathras, age app. 15 months. They are my first cats and they entered my life in last November. I and my boyfriend are allowed to live with them in the eastern part of the Alps in a 120m² big flat with two balconys: one for humans and their guests and the onther one - of cours - perfectly designed for our "space-cats"   ;D

I hope, you will excuse my grammar mistakes and language faults, I am still learning  :shy:

Now I will try to add some photos of them :)

Greetings from Austria,
Nyhavn
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:22:57 AM by Nyhavn »

Link to CatChat