Author Topic: This didn't take long...  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: This didn't take long...
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 21:39:46 PM »
Alfie also likes to do acrocatics on top of the bannisters, he does it for attention and it gives me conniptions, especially now that he is so big!

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »
 :what: how have I missed this???

So happy for you and Kizzy  :Luv:

I have never heard the term 'brindle' before.

Kizzy looks and sounds like Denzel. Loving, not a greedy cat, vocal and crazy!

Keep us up to date with her antics  :evillaugh:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 08:13:38 AM »
surfboard wax on your bannister rail?  :shify:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:08 AM »

:evillaugh:   An Afficianado Cat - one who has truly landed on her paws (which is nice, given what you suspect about her formative months, bless her!)

I know what you mean about cats that dance on banisters - Mac would do that - Even though we tried to block ours off with wooden boards, he still managed to fall six feet through the railings - luckily onto the sofa below, but I swear my heart stopped.   :doh: :doh:  I sometimes think we were always destined to lose that little lad one way or another.

It's wonderful that you're seeing so much of her character emerge and develop, and nice too that she's very different to Peggy.  Of course you'll make comparisons, but that's not to say that comparisons are bad things.  It's often as not just marvelling at the uniqueness of personality, and enjoying the things our cats like to share with us.   :Luv:

Kizzy sounds like a proper little livewire, and I'm delighted she's livening up your home again (even if it is a perilous business when cereal bowls and mugs of hot liquids may be involved!)  ;D

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Peggy (RB)
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 22:05:02 PM »
C'mon Huge - tell us a bit about what she's been up to since you brought her home.....  ;)
Well.... there's so much to tell.

She's a real sweetie. When she wants food, she rubs her head on my feet. Very cute. She greets people in the morning with a loud meow that sounds like a real extrovert "HELLO!"

She goes completely bananas for Da Bird. I actually bought 2 new attachments from the Purrs Amazon shop as a "welcome home" present and she's more or less destroyed one already. She doesn't mind though, and still goes nuts for it.

She loves the old cat bed. I did think about buying all new stuff for her, but it seemed rather pointless (not to mention expensive!). She isn't keen on the one new thing I bought, a very expensive cat tree... but oh well. She does use it occasionally, but not as much as I'd like.

One of her favourite games is to hide and leap out at people when they walk through the hall or past an open door. Hilarious Kizzy, especially when it's 7 in the morning and I'm carrying a bowl of cereal. She also likes to jump up on the banisters around the TOP of the stairs. I can't watch her when she's up there, I'm deathly afraid she'll fall off.

We can't help but compare her to Peggy. Pegs used to be a real nuisance around meal times, and try and get food off plates etc. Kizzy hasn't done this once. Aside from eating a bit of dropped cooked chicken, she's ignored our food at meal times.

She loves visitors, but is very wary of children. God knows what the little brats who had her before did, but they obviously didn't care about her as they only had her for 3 weeks. How could they have possibly even tried to get to know her in that time?

It's been 2 weeks exactly and I already can't imagine life without her.

We have decided her birthday is going to be Christmas Day, as she's about 8-10 months old, it's kinda slap bang in the middle. It's also easy to remember :p I will have to see what's available in the Auction and get her something.

Oh and she's learning the violin.... I left mine out (stupidly) and I heard this really weird musical scraping sound. Kizzy was rubbing her chin across the strings :D
For those who don't know, I put rosin (hardened sap) on my bow to make a good sounds, and of course some of this gets left on the strings. So guess who had white streaks on her chin later that evening? :p

Peggy 01/01/2001(approx) - 28/06/13
Peace at last.

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 12:46:55 PM »
Well done Huge on adopting Kizzy - she's absolutely beautiful!  :Luv2:
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 11:53:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about Peggy but so glad you now have another cat in your lives.

Kizzy is gorgeous, such a pretty face and a very long tail.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »

She is gorgeous!   Absolutely beautifully marked.  And she has a very sweet face, which I'm sure gives the lie to "tortitude!"  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

C'mon Huge - tell us a bit about what she's been up to since you brought her home.....  ;)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 19:56:30 PM »
She looks to have made herself very much at home.  :Luv2:  I'm sure you'll be very happy together.  ;)

Did you know that brindle torties are often overlooked in rescue unless they're still 8-week-old bundles of fluff.  :Crazy: 8 months is also a difficult age to rehome because people who want kittens see them as too old and those who want adults see them as too young, so well done on both counts.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 14:41:35 PM »
Awwww she's fabulous Huge, no wonder she won you over. just luscious  ;D :Luv:

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 13:19:42 PM »

Peace at last.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 07:50:49 AM »
How did I miss this? I'm delighted for you and Kizzy, Huge. Well done and I'm looking forward to some more piccies too, please.  :Luv2:

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 16:05:55 PM »
She's also dark, so taking pics with high shutter speed (to get fast moving kitties in focus), is hard as well.

Peace at last.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 15:58:23 PM »
 :evillaugh:   Yes, at 8 months old, they can be pretty daned nippy - gotta be fast on the trigger finger to keep up!

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 15:56:10 PM »
She's settling in well. I will upload more pics once I've got the decent ones edited and sorted. Too many blurry ones to do her justice.

I am not a bad photographer (the one above was taken by my mother on her crappy phone camera), so I like to produce the best I can :p

Peace at last.

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 14:27:16 PM »
What a pretty girl. Congratulations!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 18:53:18 PM »

Aw Huge - am absolutely delighted to see Kizzy has joined you both.  I hope you thoroughly enjoy getting to know each other, that you'll have many many happy years together and that she'll grow into your hearts in every way.   :wow: :wow:

More piccies please!    Pleeeze?   :naughty:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 18:09:07 PM »
Congratulations Huge .. i a, also owned by a brindle terror tortie  :rofl:  Life is never dull with a tortie in the house.

I'm sure Peggy will be so pleased that you have been able to open your hearts and home to a deserving little rescue case.  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 18:00:32 PM »
Great news  ;D she looks lovely  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 16:53:42 PM »
Awwww, she is a sweetie!!  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 16:10:21 PM »
congrats huge!  i've a brindle torti myself, she is a real character!

Offline Huge

• Senior Cat
This didn't take long...
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 16:00:39 PM »
When we said goodbye to Peggy at the end of June this year, we were in no doubt that at some stage we would get another kitty. "When" was the more difficult question. We eventually decided that once we'd all got back from holiday and got back into the routine of work and home, we would go looking. One trip to the Blue Cross last Saturday solved the problem.

Cue one 8 month old CUTE dark Tortie called Kizzy

Peace at last.

Link to CatChat