Author Topic: bellas of to fat club  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: bellas of to fat club
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 21:21:06 PM »
It's good to hear that bella has slimmed down without you needing to take drastic action.

Alfie is still a little porker. On the first day of his 'diet' he opened the drawer in the coffee table and ate a whole pot full of Dreamies  :rofl:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 21:44:27 PM »
Just thought id update, she lost lots of weight the week she was poorly and shes been kept as an indoor cat since.  Funnily enough weve been feeding her the same food we always have done so wet and even with her being inside shes looking normal (meaning not a barrel on legs). We'll get her weighed in jan when shes due her boosters at the vets but I think were just going to have a tubby cat due to her visiting others during summer and a slimmer cat over winter

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 23:30:20 PM »
She must be very petite if she's overweight at that weight. Jaffa and Mosi are both almost 5kg and both are very slender.

I respectfully disagree with your vet re dry food! I don't think vets are very knowledgeable about nutrition tbh. I think dry food is more likely to put in weight due to the carbs.
Agreed  :agreed:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 12:52:32 PM »
She must be very petite if she's overweight at that weight. Jaffa and Mosi are both almost 5kg and both are very slender.

I respectfully disagree with your vet re dry food! I don't think vets are very knowledgeable about nutrition tbh. I think dry food is more likely to put in weight due to the carbs.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 18:22:34 PM »
She is tiny although slightly roundish in shape at the moment. She is a small cat so her being that weight is really to much for her

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 15:54:40 PM »
Cleo's about 3.4kg and she's very petite.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 15:51:50 PM »
That sounds tiny!  :shify: Does she have a tiny frame???

Denzel is about 3.5 I think, and in my opinion pretty slender  :shocked:
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 13:49:42 PM »
It's probably ok for a while but the problem is they do tend to get addicted to dry food. Xander won't eat any wet food now, nothing not even fresh organic chicken or tuna. I do worry about his diet, he used to eat quite a few different things but as he's got older he won't try anything new. 

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 12:15:28 PM »
They didnt try to sell us anything or get us to switch foods, not sure what to do now as dh is saying thats what they've told us so thats what we need to do

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 12:01:06 PM »
Think you got duff advice there, unless of course they are on commission for a certain brand of "prescription" dry food?
[/color]

I think you are 100% right there Sheila.

Before and after photos needed.  I don't think that's too heavy.  Thing is, vets, unlike doctors can not blame everything on drinking and smoking, so it only leaves being over weight to blame  :evillaugh:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 22:38:14 PM »
3.5kg? I'd have to chop Tiffany's legs off to get her down to that :-[
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 22:01:06 PM »
Think you got duff advice there, unless of course they are on commission for a certain brand of "prescription" dry food?

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 18:38:01 PM »
Oh well. Can't do that then as His Gingerness is on raw food to stop his gingivitis flaring up.

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 18:08:49 PM »
Really? That sounds like the opposite of everything I've heard before. :shocked:

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 17:42:49 PM »
She weighs over 3.5 kg and should weigh about 2.5kg the nurse said to cut out her wet food and only give her dry food and take her back in a month for re weighing. I thought they'd have said cut out the dry food but we'll just have to see I guess

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:48:01 AM »
Same here, Sly can't exercise because of his wobbly legs and Polly's also a bit rotund these days (although she's spritely enough) so any hints will be welcome.  :shy:

Offline LouiseJ

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Chelsea (March 1994 ~ March 2012 - Rest in peace my darling), Luna and Cleo plus Simba the Ginga
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 07:45:11 AM »
I'll be interested to hear what they say as Simba is a heavy old lump yet the vet said his weight was ok when I took him a couple of weeks ago.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 20:39:52 PM »
that's what Tiffany needs too, if only I was strong enough to carry her to the vets :shify:

dh is off work tomorrow so he can carry her, spoke to the nurse and they said the first thng they'll do is weigh her and then discuss her diet, really just want to know how worried i should be about her weight. she has slowly lost some as i've been able to find who she's having extra meals with and asked them to stop feeding her but i know she's going somewhere else as well just cant find out where, dh is on about fitting her with gps just to figure it out  :rofl:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 20:32:35 PM »
Will be interested to hear how you get on as my two are a bit on the plump side. Then again I've heard 'The first rule of Fat Club is you do not talk about fat club'

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 20:27:47 PM »
And Alfs, I'm afraid!  :-[

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 16:32:05 PM »
that's what Tiffany needs too, if only I was strong enough to carry her to the vets :shify:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline girlinleeds

• Senior Cat
bellas of to fat club
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 15:16:01 PM »
Me and dh have both agreed we need to do something about her weight. Shes looking like a barrel with legs at the moment so asked the vet and they run a fat club so she's having her first visit tomorrow

Link to CatChat