Author Topic: Stray Persian girl needing caring home. Grantham, Lincs. (Rehomed)  (Read 7105 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Stray Persian girl needing caring home. Grantham, Lincs. (Rehomed)
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2013, 07:18:51 AM »
 ;D ;D Bless, so pleased things have worked out so well for her  :hug:

I'm closing this thread now, any further  updates would be great, if you can post in Cats Stories section  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 11:44:01 AM »
 ;D :Luv2: ;D :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline FeralStrayFoundation

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Ned, Nell, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Squirrel, Skunk, Forest, Oscar, Gladys, HRH Naughty Knickers, Rupert
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
Anyone wanting to see how Nougat's getting on, her mum, Jan, has set up her own Facebook page!!

https://www.facebook.com/nougatthomas

She is already being spoiled, loved and cared for. This pic was when she was having a roll around in her new crate! What a fantastic outcome for this gorgeous lady!

Liz x

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
  • Slave to: Nina, Ned, Nell, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Squirrel, Skunk, Forest, Oscar, Gladys, HRH Naughty Knickers, Rupert
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 17:54:30 PM »
A little update on Nougat from her new mum, Jan:

Hi everyone, Nougat has her own page tagged onto mine so you can follow her through my page or just put Nougat in the friend finder bar and you should be able to find her from there! Nougat has only been at home for a couple of hours and I can absolutely assure all of you Nougat fans out there she is sooo settled and happy already. She's been groomed, had her face and bum cleaned ( in that order!) She's inspected the whole house, Played with the dogs tail ( She is fearless . . . there was no keeping her away from them!) eaten and is now curled up fast asleep on her new heat reflecting mat . I love her to bits.

I met Jan and her hubby at the surgery today for the handover, and I can honesty say Nougat could not have landed any better on her paws! She was cuddled and kissed instantly, and will be adored and cared for for the rest of the life. Jan also so kindly gave me a wonderful donation for the foundation, so I can help even more cats.

I was also suitably impressed by the perfect colour coordination in her new home  :Luv:

Liz x
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 17:56:25 PM by FeralStrayFoundation »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 23:01:13 PM »
 ;D Great news, I'll move this to 'sorted' now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Stray Persian girl needing caring home. Grantham, Lincs.
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
Sounds wonderful,i hope she progresses in leaps and bounds.x :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 12:22:18 PM »
Dam,
Was going to ask about having her today , missed out there !

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 10:54:18 AM »
Brilliant, she deserves a lovely home, poor kitty.  :wow: 

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
great news

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Yay! Nougat has a home  :briggin:
Just vet-checked, and the lady also takes in strays and ferals for treatment and neutering. She sounds wonderful! So, Nougat will be heading for a lovely forever home!
Hopefully collecting her tomorrow, and wants to pay for any treatment she's having before she leaves.
What a wonderful, happy outcome for the gorgeous Nougat!
Liz

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:26 AM »
Hi all,
A little update on Nougat. I have had a home offer from a lady in Pontefract who doesn't work/retired so is home most of the time and could give Nougat lots of TLC and time to heal. She has other cats, but is offering what sounds like a wonderful home. She has also offered to pay for all her treatment, including any she has done now, and will get her vet checked straight away and vaccinated etc, and can collect her Friday from the practice. I've been given her vet's details, who she is phoning them this morning to confirm it's ok for me to phone and check. She sent photos of her other cats who all look wonderful.
As we don't know if she's neutered or not, I am concerned about delving into this right now as Nougat has been through a lot, is very underweight, and I don't think it would be fair to knock her out and open her up until she's improved. The lady has promised that if she does comes into season she will get her neutered, and she'll also be kept inside and given time to settle with the lady and her other cats. I will check up on this!
I was offered two homes for Nougat, but my gut feeling tells me this one would be perfect.
Liz

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 01:09:46 AM »
Yes, think you should have her Gill  ;) you haven't got a colourpoint........ ;) I would be tempted, as colourpoints are my fave, but too far away.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 22:06:51 PM »
I wasn't going to say anything but thought of you bungly Gill as soon as I saw this little girl!

Me too  ;)

Thirded  :innocent:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 18:02:57 PM »
I wasn't going to say anything but thought of you bungly Gill as soon as I saw this little girl!

Me too  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2013, 16:59:16 PM »
Poor little girl, I do hope that a loving home is found for her.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2013, 12:00:30 PM »
Well, I have a spare bedroom where she could stay on her own for a while and be built up and recover , I am used to cleaning up Persians if they have any problems.
 Just need to be sure she will be ok with mine first , Winston is an old man now .
I am sure the others would be ok , Fifi spits at everyone anyway no matter as she is also a grumpy old woman !

Personally I love the Persians , got 5 and a foster at the moment , which I wanted to keep ,but he has been reserved , so gutted about that .

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »

Offline DottyyBB

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Dotty and Blue. My other lovelies Dixie,Jasper & Rosie R.I.P
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2013, 10:57:08 AM »
What a little sweetheart.... :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

How people (if thats what we can call them) can allow her to get into such a mess makes my blood boil..... >:( >:(

Poor little love.. :( :( I hope she gets a loving forever home with people who will pamper her, if I lived closer....I certainly would...... :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:08 AM »
Poor thing,sounds/looks as if she has been in a state for a long time. :hug:

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 08:59:01 AM »
Not sure what she'd be like with other cats, as we have to put all strays in the isolation kennels. Personally, I think she'd be ok with other cats. Now she's relaxed a bit, with me anyway, she is quite a chilled lady, wanting only fuss and love. The main thing is she'll need the time and care to help her skin and fur recover, lots of gentle brushes, and lots of kisses and cuddles.

Personally, Persians aren't a cat I fine attractive, but even I've fallen for her cheeky little personality!!  :Luv2:

Liz

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 08:21:09 AM »
I feel so sorry for this poor little girl, I hope someone can give her the home she deserves

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 02:27:58 AM »
Poor little thing  :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 00:17:18 AM »
Any idea what she would be like with other Persians ?

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 21:45:49 PM »
No chip or collar. Slightly dubious circumstances surrounding her collection. She was in such a terrible state, I really cannot see anyone actually missing her. Weights about 2kg, terrible diarrhoea soaked matts, gunky eyes - she really was a mess, bless her.
I would LOVE her to get a fab home with someone who can care for her breed and lots of time to help her enjoy life.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 20:04:24 PM »
Oh bless her ... surely someone must be missing her.    I assume there is no chip?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 20:04:58 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Adult Cat
  • Adopt, don't buy!
Stray Persian girl needing caring home. Grantham, Lincs. (Rehomed)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 16:51:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm posting about a sweet little stray Persian female who was brought in on my on call weekend late Friday night.

Nougat, as I’ve named her, was brought in as a stray by an RSPCA officer very late on Friday night. She was a suspected fly strike, but thankfully we found only eggs, no maggots. She was, however, covered in faeces and matted on her back end and legs so badly that we had to sedate her, clip all the matted fur away, and give her a bath. She also had terrible diarrhoea and fleas. She was treated for the fleas, and we put her on a sensitivity diet. Only 2-days later, her poops are much firmer, with only the odd loose ones, but she has got this on her back legs a bit so I’ve been bathing and wiping her carefully as she will be very sore and she allows me to do so much. She is using the littler tray. She’s also had an antibiotic injection and some medication to help settle her diarrhoea, but she is very wriggly and doesn’t like to take anything via mouth! We’ve also noticed the odd sneeze, but this seems to be more because her nose and eyes were messed up, which I’ve also bathed, and will likely clear up with the antibiotics.

Under sedation, we had a good look in her mouth and all over her, and we estimate she’s only 3-4 years old. She weighs in at a mere 2kg, so will need some steady building up. She’s also had a nail clip, as these were also very long. She is eating very well!

If not already done, she MUST be neutered, and this will be checked with the vets. She will also be microchipped before being rehomed. She’s currently receiving care in Grantham, Lincs, and will be ready to rehome from today.

When you initially approach her, she cowers and flinches and tries to make herself as small as possible, so she will need lots of care and love to help her heal on the inside as well as the outside. She’s already used to seeing me, and will head bump for fusses and has started to flirt a little bit. She purrs her little head off and flops on her side so I will rub her more, which I am happy to do! Someone with Persian experience or lots of time to rehab her will be ideal, as she’ll need careful grooming and little wipes to clean the rest of the dry muck etc from her until she re-grows her glorious fur.

I feel she will turn into a real sweetheart, and just needs a loving new home to give her everything she’s obviously been missing.

Anyone interested in rehoming her, please contact me on: feralstrayfoundation@gmail.com or via PM.

You can see more pics and a couple of videos of Nougat on the Feral & Stray Foundation Facebook page.

There's also a video of her I took. Excuse the silly animal voice!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg--qcHlbOE

Liz
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 23:00:24 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat