Author Topic: re homing stray cat  (Read 4819 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: re homing stray cat
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 21:11:17 PM »
great  ;D

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:00 AM »
Just to tie up loose ends.  This lad has a lovely new home now  :)

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 12:21:37 PM »
Thanks.  He's been with us a couple of weeks now so will start to get the ball rolling.

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 20:36:55 PM »
When I found Alfie CPS said 2 weeks although I know other places suggest just 1 week.

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
re homing stray cat
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:45:24 AM »
I took in what appeared to be a stray cat a couple of weeks ago.  He was ravenous, coat unkempt, ear scratched raw with ear mites.  I took him in so we could treat his ears.  I've postered the area, contacted local vets, listed him as found on rspca site, animal search, local pet owners forum, facebook, everywhere I can think of.  And of course kept checking lost pet ads.  He's not microchipped and no sign he's ever had a collar.  He's neutered and  very friendly though.

At what point would people think it was ok to start process of trying to re home him?

Link to CatChat