Cat General > Cat welfare Issues and News

Was this person right?

(1/3) > >>

KittyNic:
It's so hard for the sanctuaries and rescue centres when there are so many cats and kittens who need homes.

Sally is such a pretty cat. I'm so pleased you could step in and take care of her.

YogiDot:

--- Quote from: heather sullivan on September 17, 2013, 14:02:48 PM ---maybe she went missing looking for her kitten?  Glad she is okay now and has a lovely  home. Did the kitten survive? :(

--- End quote ---

It wasn't her kitten, she is neutered. The kitten was born to one of the feral cats who invaded her house through the cat flap once her owner went into hospital.

I'd love to know what happened to the kitten but I've not been able to find out.

Sally is settling in well, it is taking time for her to trust my existing cats, given her experiences with the ferals, but she is slowly coming to realise that her food, beds and her cuddle time are exclusively hers and is becoming more relaxed. She is such a loving little thing.  :Luv2:

Big Cat Lover:
Good on you, Yogidot for rescuing Sally (she shares my name by the way!).  I love black and white moggies as my Rainbow Bridge babe Gypsy was a black and white; as is my current cat Lucky.

heather sullivan:
maybe she went missing looking for her kitten?  Glad she is okay now and has a lovely  home. Did the kitten survive? :(

Rosella moggy:

--- Quote from: YogiDot on August 03, 2013, 14:11:51 PM ---......... even if they couldn't take her I'm sure good advice and suggestions would have been offered to the elderly lady standing in front of them trying to deal with the death of her son............. And what broke my heart was the state she was in when she eventually showed up again after being missing for a week after these events took place. Poor little girl was covered in scratches from fights, was thin as a rake, had stopped grooming and had bad diarrhoea.
--- End quote ---

Sorry but, assuming you have put forward all relevant info, I agree with you that this was handled very badly and I am angry too on poor Sally's behalf.  A 13 year old cat being turfed out of her home to fend for herself when someone is only asking for her to be cared for for a few days.  Nope, it's not acceptable.  Neither of us were there though and there is usually at least two sides to the same story  :shy:  Could well be that rescue person was virtually certain that neighbour would step in and continue to care for her. 

Sally is a stunner btw and doesn't look a day over 2 years old  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version